Weak dmg

BobaFurz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lvl 24 Lethality Operative here and I feel pretty great in every Warzone. However, I felt pretty sucky until I changed my tactics as follows:

-USE KEYBINDS. I can't stress this enough. Clicking in Warzone, especially with an operative will make you sub-par to anyone.

-use your ranged skills vs. melee, use your melee skills vs.ranged. You have so much options.

-in group fights, open up with ranged attacks, use grenades, DoTs and basic attack. Don't rush to the enemy. When they come to you surprise them with stun and melee.

Operative pays off the higher you get. I've killed people before they've gotten up from my Hidden Strike trip. I've had 3.4k crits with HS, which leads into my backstab, shiv, lacerate combo. I straight up melt people. I don't even have Acid Blade yet. It's going to be scary when I do.

I feel comfortable 1v1ing any class, nothing can keep up with all the tools an Op gets.

QFT 4 char

41 Operative Valor 30. I can tell you that Ops are solid but far from the most OP thing on the battlefield. I'm not going to start whining this early about balance, but I'll say this:

Just did a Huttball with 11/16 Inquisitors, 75% of them sorcs.

Just did a Voidstar, was #3 in overall damage. #1 was a sorc and #2 a Merc. Kills were roughly the same, as were levels (sorc was 42, Merc i dont know. )

Sorc 240k

Merc 190k

Me(ops) 185K

Sorcs biggest hit 1725

Mercs Biggest hit 2750

Ops biggest hit 4100

Sorcs DPS 310

Mercs 205

Ops 185

People see the 4k Hits and yell NERF, meanwhile the ranged DPS classes are pumping out almost twice the raw DPS as the Operatives.

Honestly my posts are coming off wrong. I think the ranged DPS classes should be topping the charts in Warzones, and classes like Ops are more focused single target killers.

My problem is the cries for nerfs cause of the big numbers people see, followed by a 3sec KD. Wait till snipers get some Expertise under their belts and start critting for 7k.....

just how do you measure dps in warzones ? dam done / duration ? thats some lol

eitherway i op is not buit to top dam done , after getting your jump and having used your escape tools you are bound to die... i dont rly expect you wil lhave guard and healer to keep you up. And even if you do then still some sbiper having free target practice from distance will do more.

That siad i hunt snipers like no other mostly they let me bash good portion of hp before giving up on whomever they were nuking :]

I'll never understand why so many people care about the damage done screen. EVERY warzone is objective based. Stealthing voidstar doors, for example, adds no damage, but makes you a better PvPer than the chumps hidden striking low hp people.

That said, our dps is still pretty damn good. It's just all about positioning and timing your cc/escapes and not spamming them like a newb.

50 Concealment Operative Here.

You get nasty in the 40's.

Acid Blade is raw, people will be screaming about nerfing us after getting hit with enough HS/AB combos.

What's an AB combo? Anyway while I do agree our opener is awesome once that's done our damage is rather pathetic.

I'll never understand why so many people care about the damage done screen. EVERY warzone is objective based. Stealthing voidstar doors, for example, adds no damage, but makes you a better PvPer than the chumps hidden striking low hp people.

That said, our dps is still pretty damn good. It's just all about positioning and timing your cc/escapes and not spamming them like a newb.

While they are objective based, not EVERY single person in the group needs to focus on doing it. A concealment Operative causing havoc, taking out enemies will let your friends complete the objectives that much easier. The shield preventing people from hopping back into the action immediately can be nasty sometimes, best to have has many enemies behind it at once as possible.

Edited by Arduz

I love the operative for pvp. Currently I'm level 23 and in each warzone if feel like I can really hold my own. I've even topped the damage charts on a couple of occasions (once in the alderon warzone I was able to get top medals: 7)

Concealment spec operative can have some really great sustained dps due to how easy energy is to manage. Especially in pvp.

It wasn't until level 20 that I really started to feel like I came into my own. With lacerate I was able to chain three melee attacks, follow up with corrosive dart/overload, stun, 3 more melee attacks, ect.. I hardly ever run out of energy and almost never have to use adrenaline probe.

Since I got cloaking screen I feel so much more survivable. There have been numerous times where I've popped it and manage to escape with almost no health at all. It's a great ability and very frustrating when you encounter someone using it.

I also use my grenade as frequently as possible. It can it for over 1K and only has a 6 second cool down. It's also instant, has a 30m range, and can be used on the run. Overall it's a great ability and can really help to put pressure on the other team. Target someone in a group (preferably the ball carrier if playing huttball) and hit him with frag grenade followed by corrosive dart. As you close the distance keep spamming rifle shot and frag whenever it's off cool down.

If you're not in stealth and they're enemies around you, you should be spamming rifle shot at all times. Its damage isn't terrible and will put pressure some pressure on another player. When you're within 10m remember to use overload as you close the distance and start using you're melee abilities.

Flash bang grenade is another great ability that I use regularly. It can stop a large group of player's right in their tracks. It's great for huttball when you find you're carrier being mobbed by a bunch of other player's. It also adds a lot of survivability.

I'd also like to mention that I don't think I'm that great of a player. There are times when I die often and I'm still in the learning process. One of the things that I've been focusing on is wisely picking my targets from stealth and not to over extend myself.

There have been numerous times where I know the fight is going my favor and the other player manages to start kiting me. It's frustrating and my first instinct is to chase after him/her and finish the job, but alas there are times when you just have to let them go. Putting a lot of distance between yourself and your teammates can lead to finding yourself in a sea of red.

Anyways all in all I love the operative class and I can't wait to get the rest of my abilities. In particular hidden strike and shield probe.

P.S. When you see another player spamming only one ability, use your interrupt. You can lock players out of using their main dps/heal abilities.

Edit: Typos

Edited by Shast

While they are objective based, not EVERY single person in the group needs to focus on doing it. A concealment Operative causing havoc, taking out enemies will let your friends complete the objectives that much easier. The shield preventing people from hopping back into the action immediately can be nasty sometimes, best to have has many enemies behind it at once as possible.

Not everyone should be doing the objectives at once. Hell, but between supporting/defending and some people doing them more than others it makes the damage done stat mean absolutely nothing.

Doing damage = important. Warzone damage meter = irrelevant.

Because you do not get medals for taking a door. You do not get medals for defending a door with a bomb on it. You do not get medals for darting everyone so they can't remove the bomb or plant one.

You get medals for getting lots of kills and doing lots of damage.

Fix the warzone rewards for team play. Otherwise people who just go crazy dps get more points/rewards then those that try to actually win.

Because you do not get medals for taking a door. You do not get medals for defending a door with a bomb on it. You do not get medals for darting everyone so they can't remove the bomb or plant one.

You get medals for getting lots of kills and doing lots of damage.

Fix the warzone rewards for team play. Otherwise people who just go crazy dps get more points/rewards then those that try to actually win.