Bring Back OLD Charged Burst Sound

SaddleBear

Was i the only one that thought it was weird that our charged burst sounds more "macho" than the commando's weapon. I prefer the new version. it sounds like it is actually come from a small blaster rather than a starship cannon.

Lies. We're Smugglers. We define macho by our natural demeanor.

^ I can imagine some smugglers wanting to put silencers on their weapons because they value subtlety. But I think of gunslingers as being much more flashy. They would be more likely to enhance the sound of their weapons, just to be more badarse. Edited by Stenrik

Was i the only one that thought it was weird that our charged burst sounds more "macho" than the commando's weapon. I prefer the new version. it sounds like it is actually come from a small blaster rather than a starship cannon.

it depends on the commando weapon.

try the end of chapter1 reward weapon and the level 34 pvp weapon (there are a few that really have that macho sound)

Its just sad that this hasn't been fixed yet. Sadder still that some people think it was a change made on purpose.

Not long after it happened it had been noted that it was "brought to their attention". It was acknowledged that they were looking into it and would supposedly fix it. If it had been on purpose, they would have just said so. Plus it would have been in the patch notes.

Edited by TapVallian
spelling

well I now found out why this happened. it's not the sound that sucks it's the weapons.

charged burst had it's own sound no matter which weapon you took. now it has the sound of the weapon.

(similar to commandos where you hear the sound of the weapon using full auto)

only difference is. commando's have at least 2 awesome sounding weapons (the 34 pvp weapon and the reward for finishing act1 of the class story)

now here's the trick. they added 1 weapon with a sound that (at least) does not suck so hard.

it's the " Black Nebula Heavy Blaster " a cartel item!!!!! they are actually ripping us off here.

it does not sound as awesome as the old charged burst but at least it doesn't hurt my ears.

thanks a lot, what's next ? change all armor color to pink except cartel armor ??

I am so mad right now

Edited by macumba

well I now found out why this happened. it's not the sound that sucks it's the weapons.

charged burst had it's own sound no matter which weapon you took. now it has the sound of the weapon.

(similar to commandos where you hear the sound of the weapon using full auto)

only difference is. commando's have at least 2 awesome sounding weapons (the 34 pvp weapon and the reward for finishing act1 of the class story)

now here's the trick. they added 1 weapon with a sound that (at least) does not suck so hard.

it's the " Black Nebula Heavy Blaster " a cartel item!!!!! they are actually ripping us off here.

it does not sound as awesome as the old charged burst but at least it doesn't hurt my ears.

thanks a lot, what's next ? change all armor color to pink except cartel armor ??

I am so mad right now

Wow if that's really what they're angling at, that's REALLY low... I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt on this (since they haven't said anything about it) but... it's hard.

best thing is, you can't even buy it, you need to gamble it through cartel packs with no guarantee it will be in there.

here is the report of someone who burned 240$ on cartel packs. he did not want the blaster (but he did not get it either, I think you get the picture)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556793

Edited by macumba

I agreed the old sound in itself sounded cool. But I still prefer the new sound; with the old sounds, you had one sound for Flurry of Bolts, another for Charged Burst, a third for Aimed Shot, a fourth for Powershot (or Overload or whatever it's called) and a freaking fifth sound for the fatality-only-below-30%-in-health shot. It made me feel like is was not a gunslinger. Now, where at least Flurry of Bolts, Charged Burst and Powershot/Overload sounds alike, I feel like I am a gunslinger with his blasters blazing non-stop.

Before I felt more like a tech-champ/prototype guy with weird proto-type blasters that sounded different every time I used them.

Edited by Andge

• 3 weeks later...