Is the random drop system broken?

Today,

Kaon under Siege twice, with bonus boses.

Dropped 2 IA heades, 2 Sith Warrior Heads

False Emperor once - IA Armor

Foundry - SW Feet

Boarding party - IA Hands

This has been happening for weeks. After 3 weeks of HM flashpoints and operations I do not have a single piece of PvE set gear, I have Rakata Bracers and a Columi belt.

My companions are better geared from greed rolls than I am.

I do not mean to sound whiny, but the RNG seems to be just atrocious and not at all random. The chances of not a single piece of BH or SI equipment dropping in 7 consecutive instances should be quite low.

Is my party the only one where this is happening?

Edited by Tawjaq
Typo

Its broken no use in explaining it.....

Not really. It is theoretically possible under an RNG system for something not to show up after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60+ runs.

Just because you are not getting your own way doesn't mean the system is broken.

This might be tough to believe, but after the drops I have witnessed, I was simply starting to wonder, whether bioware implemented some system that tries to support the less played classes etc.

There is always a chance that something strange will happen when RNG is involved, but when it keeps happening for a while, you start to wonder.

To the guy ************ about IA drops in HMs - I raided with my guild for 3 weeks before a single piece of IA tier dropped. I ran a minimum of two HM's a day for that period. All I had was bracers. Then all of a sudden it started dropping at a reasonable rate again. Though I have yet to see IA chest from false emp, or from soa.

Bottom line ladies and gents, is that random is, in fact, random. Just because you aren't getting what you want doesn't mean the other 300 groups that just ran that place aren't as well.

Dude its broken 44 Hm flashpoints have all of them on farm and not 1 piece of force user gear has dropped 41 piecs of bounty hunter and 3 IA.

That is FAR too small of a sample size to call the random number generator broken.

The collective anecdotes of people complaining about this is not evidence, or a sufficient sample size to prove there is any problem with the loot system not working right.

Can some one make a post about how statistics and random odds work, and sticky it so many this forum category can have fewer of these posts clogging it up.

This really must be the first MMO for most of you people.

RNG is RNG.

Get used to it. What is being described in all these threads has happened in every loot based MMO I have ever played and I havee been playing MMO's for a long time.

LOL It didnt happen in rift . it didnt happen in Eq2 , cant comment on wow i didnt touch that game form more then 2 weeks. the closest thing i can think of is EQ 1 camping for rares. RNG is not 85 % drops for one base class its just not Its sepcifcally force users that get very very hard drop ratios.

Dude its broken 44 Hm flashpoints have all of them on farm and not 1 piece of force user gear has dropped 41 piecs of bounty hunter and 3 IA.

I got my full columi set in a week on my IA.

My warrior friend has got a full columi set in the same week, our sorc healer got everything but his legs.

problem,rng?

People don't seem to understand the meaning of random in random number generator. Yes I agree that the percentage is too low, but it's not broken.

Most RNGs aren't actually random. But, most of them are random enough.

OP is just experiencing a case of bad luck.

This is still possible under a random system. Do you even know how RNG works?

I know exactly how a random number genrator works. The point being is the RNG is not broken but the aquisistion. People will just stop playing due to boredom of running the same content over and over and not progressing. the same thing with the ridiculous normal mode handing multiple peices of the same set to a player that already has all of it . we are running normals as aguild to try and gear up our players as some are not there on the skill lvl to do HM yet. and we have sever issues with same peopel recieving loot everytime. Our Mt has recieved zero pieces while our secondary OT that has a DPS spec has recived every piece. like 12 columi drops and he no longer needs them. Point being is there end game dynamics though promote this casual boring diffculty is negated by its ridiculous loot mechanics.

I know exactly how a random number genrator works. The point being is the RNG is not broken but the aquisistion. People will just stop playing due to boredom of running the same content over and over and not progressing. the same thing with the ridiculous normal mode handing multiple peices of the same set to a player that already has all of it . we are running normals as aguild to try and gear up our players as some are not there on the skill lvl to do HM yet. and we have sever issues with same peopel recieving loot everytime. Our Mt has recieved zero pieces while our secondary OT that has a DPS spec has recived every piece. like 12 columi drops and he no longer needs them. Point being is there end game dynamics though promote this casual boring diffculty is negated by its ridiculous loot mechanics.

Loot is rng.

No matter how much you whine, how many examples you give, how much you say it's not going to change, because it is RNG.

Acquisition in normal mode OPs is a problem, yes, but that's not what we're talking about here. Apples and oranges.

People don't seem to understand the meaning of random in random number generator. Yes I agree that the percentage is too low, but it's not broken.

Im fine with bad luck and i should rephrase my point.The system is not broken it sucks . is that better. the boredom of doing these flash points to tedium has really created burn out for several in my guild more and more are loggin on less and less. Two fold the BH and IA are completelt geared and cannot progress for rakata as the rest of the guild is not geared enough. So both are logging off due to boredom. PVP is very Meh and pretty lack luster, we have done holocrons musem quest cubes. and those that are not big alt players simply dont log on anymore as they have already expierenced the content 5 weeks ago in the lvl process. yes stories are good but they are very very little of your actuall lvling expierence. The loot system is compounding those issues . set gear is great but we need more reason to do those flash points perhaps ultr rares from some of these bosses that exceed the set pieces.

Edited by wifeaggro