gunslinger and cover?

MrMidas

hi guys and girls,

First: what is the ability that grants cover with a created barrier? I see folks take a knee and summon portable cover. And, what exactly does that do? protects from ranged attacks that come from in front of you? useless from behind or from melee attackers?

Second: there is a gunslinger tree that doesn't need cover? I am interested.

hi guys and girls,

First: what is the ability that grants cover with a created barrier? I see folks take a knee and summon portable cover. And, what exactly does that do? protects from ranged attacks that come from in front of you? useless from behind or from melee attackers?

Second: there is a gunslinger tree that doesn't need cover? I am interested.

Portable cover increases ranged defence by 20%, which means you're less likely to be hit with white damage attacks, despite the appearance the bonus is in effect from all directions and it also prevents you from being interrupted during channel time and protects you from most Charge/Leap attacks.

You also have the option of using Natural Cover (Scenery), which gives you the same bonuses, additionally if you keep your head down while in Natural cover you'll take no damage from incoming direct attacks from enemies infront of you (shown by a green shield over the NPC/Players head) AOE attacks will still damage you.

All Trees use Cover to some degree, although If you're after a more mobile Gunslinger option, take a look at the Dirty Fighting tree or DF/Sab Hybrids.

Edited by Dracokyaku