Ability failing and GCD still applying

Kindran

Hey guys, I am getting sick and tired of this happening 4+ times in a fight. I will use an ability and the GCD fires yet the ability does not go off. The animation still plays out, but the damage does not apply and the cast bar disappears.

I have tested this multiple times on the operation dummy on my ship just to make sure it wasn't just a visual problem. I remember this happening a lot before and a patch was made saying it was fixed or it was reduced a lot, but it has been happening about once per minute in the past month while in combat. This is so frustrating and it needs to be fixed please!

This has been going on forever. I have seen it brought up multiple times and I'm not sure they even acknowledge it. This is the single biggest bug in the game, and has been around way too long. It is a disgrace that this hasn't been taken care of.

I'm a HUGE fan of this game. I never talk crap about it. Even I think it is terrible that they haven't done anything about this. It has caused me warzone losses and raid wipes. Missing an entire GCD is bad enough, but if you don't catch this early enough on a channeled spell, you may waste even longer.

Fix this ASAP! Top priority!

there is a thread about this here already and all of us already understood that bioware will just keep ignoring this bug since the post is there since launch and the bug is there since beta, its just one of those things they will never fix they havent even acknowledge that this bug exists

I remember in patch notes a LONG time ago they said this was fixed...but it never was. This happens to me most often on my commando healer when I cast one heal right as another finishes. As you can imagine this is pretty serious for a healer because if I'm chain healing like that, it probably means the target really needs the heal, but instead they get nothing while I have to just stand there waiting. But of course they are too busy making the next set of cartel stuff to grab as much money as possible.

This is happening at such a consistent rate more than ever. Its getting to the point of not wanting to play due to the fact of this. Probably in the last week, not counting other weeks it has happened to me at least 300 times. And when you are doing Hardmode OPS it can make or break a fight very quickly. This needs to be addressed PRONTO!!. Especially when you are releasing Nightmare modes now. In all due respect. Screw your cartel market and fix these Fing bugs.

This happens all the time to me. All the time. It's extremely painful to dps in this game because I never know when my skills aren't actually gonna go off but still trigger the GCD. Messes up my dps so much. It's been in the game for forever and it happens so often, I'm always surprised how few people complain about it. My raid group complains about it and occasionally people I bring it up to will be like "Yeah that happens to me lots", so I'm surprised whenever these threads turn up and they get such limited response.

It's such a game breaking bug. Trying to be precise with my rotations and just have the game be like "Nope" when I hit merciless strike or whatever. I doubt they'll ever fix it at this point, but I can keep dreaming I guess.

Bumping this just because it's the primary reason I, and so many people I know, started giving up on the game. You can't ever hope to be competitive in a game if you lose literally 10% of your output to ghosts (I parsed myself on a dummy, counting the lost GCDs: was between 8% and 12% in 5 separate 3-minute tests). In PvP being on-the-dot is utterly critical, and ability misfires often mean the difference between finishing off that low-hp healer and failing to capitalise (hello buggy Vicious Throw that twirls but never lands!). As for PvE, I can't imagine how raidgroups would plough through truly difficult Enrages (the type that no guild worldwide clears for the first several weeks) whilst subject to the RNG of losing 10% of your DPS because hey, the abilities won't fire.

It is an odd bug because I don't recall getting ghosts AT ALL until 1.7 hit. Then suddenly ghost GCDs become a constant occurence in my gameplay; I'd be curious to know if others had the problem since launch, or since a specific patch. Any info we collate MIGHT help Bioware fix this (though I'm not really optimistic on the prospects).

Edited by Sidrath

Such an annoying bug. It pretty much nullifies accuracy for all classes... I even miss heals sometimes. What's the point of having a GCD, if it's broken? I don't think they realize, or care, how much this breaks playability.

I play healers and tanks, all classes. Problem is most noticeable with healers, big portion (say 25%) of my cast-time heals disappear in warzones. Usually, when I'm dropping casted (as opposed to instants) heals on people, they really need them so ghosted kolto injection really hurts.

Bumping this just because it's the primary reason I, and so many people I know, started giving up on the game. You can't ever hope to be competitive in a game if you lose literally 10% of your output to ghosts (I parsed myself on a dummy, counting the lost GCDs: was between 8% and 12% in 5 separate 3-minute tests). In PvP being on-the-dot is utterly critical, and ability misfires often mean the difference between finishing off that low-hp healer and failing to capitalise (hello buggy Vicious Throw that twirls but never lands!). As for PvE, I can't imagine how raidgroups would plough through truly difficult Enrages (the type that no guild worldwide clears for the first several weeks) whilst subject to the RNG of losing 10% of your DPS because hey, the abilities won't fire.

It is an odd bug because I don't recall getting ghosts AT ALL until 1.7 hit. Then suddenly ghost GCDs become a constant occurence in my gameplay; I'd be curious to know if others had the problem since launch, or since a specific patch. Any info we collate MIGHT help Bioware fix this (though I'm not really optimistic on the prospects).

If you never got it til 1.7 you were incredibly lucky, sadly the bug has been around since before the game even launched.

Two pretty massive threads here, glad people are still bumping this issue but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

If you never got it til 1.7 you were incredibly lucky, sadly the bug has been around since before the game even launched.

Two pretty massive threads here, glad people are still bumping this issue but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

I don't recall having it until a couple of months ago. It is a nightmare to have and seems to be more prevalent.

This is a top priority fix!

The "ooh my armor clips, fur looks..., color is... ranks a low on the necessary quality of game play function.

Sadly our "newer" coders since a year ago May are more into "fluff" and reskin concepts than "meat and potatoes".

bump, this is THE most grounding breaking bug in games thats been around for ever, not only is it still in game, its not even being acknowledged by the devs even with the shear amount of evidence thats been provided, videos ect. this is absolutely disgraceful.

Yep. Very little acknowledgement from the community team/devs - yet even videos have been provided documenting the widespread and incredible prevalence of this FLAW. I don't want to call it a bug, because that's not what it is. It is a fundamental, flawed component of this game.