Warzone/Arena Leader

Yeldah_

Does anyone else think that this should be determined by a vote prior to the match starting? I envision this to work just as the MVP vote is cast but prior to game commencement as opposed to after the match is over.

I mean quite often I used to see arena matches lost just because the team did not agree on which target was first. They could have won easily if they simply agreed no? Anyway I digress.

Apparently the Warzone/arena group leader is determined by valor at present. Should it not be chosen by the players in the squad? Also should the person chosen not have the option to pass it to someone else if they get disconnected or whatever?

PVPers respond please.

Devs pay attention please.

And what would a populatity contest at the beginning of each match prove? You'd still have the same issue of people not focusing the same target.

Perhaps people listen to the person they elect? Follow what that person says?

If you all think OPS leader is pointless for PVP should it be removed altogether?

have you been an ops leader in a pure pug setting? it practically is pointless. if you are an ops leader of a guild formed group, it's a different scenario, as hypothetically speaking, they knew you were good enough to lead the raid.

in a pure pug though, everyone thinks they know best. why are they going to listen to some random person group finder matched them with.

in a pure pug though, everyone thinks they know best. why are they going to listen to some random person group finder matched them with.

this is not true. if people are forced to pick one of the other 3 players of their team in a 4v4 for example and can't chose themselves you would see clear tendencies of experienced/respected players being chosen.

There are 2 problems tho:

1. the situation of 2 players getting 2 votes each, which can't really be solved in an elegant way.

2. what's the purpose? only difference of ops leaders is their color in chat. everyone can make calls in chat and everyone can mark targets.

also you would still have the problem of people not listening to calls/marks and doing whatever they want. so there is in fact no point of implementing such a system.

this is not true. if people are forced to pick one of the other 3 players of their team in a 4v4 for example and can't chose themselves you would see clear tendencies of experienced/respected players being chosen.

There are 2 problems tho:

1. the situation of 2 players getting 2 votes each, which can't really be solved in an elegant way.

2. what's the purpose? only difference of ops leaders is their color in chat. everyone can make calls in chat and everyone can mark targets.

also you would still have the problem of people not listening to calls/marks and doing whatever they want. so there is in fact no point of implementing such a system.

yeah sure, the only players that form raids on fleet are experienced or respected.

As to the last parts where you seem to contradict your initial point that it would accomplish something, I said this earlier in the thread, but apparently looking up is difficult, so here it is again.

And what would a popularity contest at the beginning of each match prove? You'd still have the same issue of people not focusing the same target.

Im not sure why this has to be explained.... its not a preformed op group. its a recycled group queue format from group finder. every group has a leader, and if pvp uses recycled group formation and gets a "leader" good for him. how about you make his position special and give the op leader a hug everytime. that way it isnt useless. op leader gets hugs. in the meantime bioware is not going to recode group formation because you dont want someone else getting a special chat color

Why doesn’t it just work based on the idiotic matchmaking. The system is supposed to already know who the best player on the team is, so it should just make them the leader.

How do you know it doesn't already work that way!? :eek::p

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's the valor-bar thing, but I don't think bioware has ever confirmed that. And besides, maybe they changed it (even accidentally) when they put in the phantom matchmaking. :D

How do you know it doesn't already work that way!? :eek::p

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's the valor-bar thing, but I don't think bioware has ever confirmed that. And besides, maybe they changed it (even accidentally) when they put in the phantom matchmaking. :D

Back in the day of my pvp guild we tried to work it out and it wasn’t based on Valor. Of course they may have changed it since then, who knows? Transparency from Bioware is like looking into a telescope with the caps still covering the lenses.

Back in the day of my pvp guild we tried to work it out and it wasn’t based on Valor. Of course they may have changed it since then, who knows? Transparency from Bioware is like looking into a telescope with the caps still covering the lenses.

They way I've always understood it to work is that it's not based on total valor, but it's based on the progress to the next valor level. So if I have valor 10, and am 90% of the way to valor 11... and you have valor 85 and are 10% of the way to valor 86... I get leader. Because 90% is higher than 10%.

Yes, stupid way to do it. But back when you could reasonably level via PvP alone, I did that and 99.999% of the time I would get leader every single time EXCEPT right after I'd gone up a level. Because valor is capped at level while you are leveling. So for most of level 44 (or whatever), I'd be at 100% of level 44... then I'd ding 45 and be at 15% (or whatever) of valor 45. And after just a few matches I'd be back at 100% again. So, while the "percent to next valor level" might or might not be what it's actually doing, it did seem to fit the evidence.