Companions in Flashpoints/Heroics

Okay so I am a healer spec'd commando.

It has happened on occasion that I've brought a companion to a heroic mission/flashpoint.

Here is the issue i'm having. As a healer I usually only ever target the tank and heal accordingly, though while I'm targeting the tank my companion does not attack any targets he just sits there watching the action.

I need to target an enemy for a second by tabbing for him to start attacking, and then switch back to who ever i'm trying to heal.

Is this a setting i've turned on or off? It's kind of annoying. This game is hard enough to manage as a healer, now to make my companion worth it i have to cycle through enemies while trying desperatly to heal... lol

If i'm doing something wrong, please someone give me advice.

I do not know of a button to turn it on or off, its just when u yourself get hit by something your companion attacks or when the companion gets attacked SO just switch for a second and make ur companion attack and switch back,,, its not that hard

with the UI not exactly being healer friendly, it's a bit much to not only have to be on top of healing party members but also tracking your companions targets to make sure he's not picking his nose.

I mean it's not game breaking or anything, but it would be nice for there to be an option for your companion to automatically attack your parties target, like it would your own if you were soloing.

I'm not clamoring for the devs to fix it... but figured if there was some sort of companion stance thing i was overlooking.