Cross Server Queues.

Necrotiq

We need cross server queues. The waiting even during prime-time for DPS classes for mid level FPs is easily over 1 hour. Even if the wait exists on all servers, combining them will atleast add more variables to queue times. Edited by DKNS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need cross server queues. The waiting even during prime-time for DPS classes for mid level FPs is easily over 1 hour. Even if the wait exists on all servers, combining them will atleast add more variables to queue times.

Keep in mind that for flashpoints, cross-server won't help in every case. You may add, say, another several thousand dps to the queue and only a hundred tanks and healers. It will help for playing at odd hours when there may literally be no tanks queuing on your server.

Keep in mind that for flashpoints, cross-server won't help in every case. You may add, say, another several thousand dps to the queue and only a hundred tanks and healers. It will help for playing at odd hours when there may literally be no tanks queuing on your server.

Like i said, it will add more variables. So, sometimes it might help and sometimes it won't. Better try something than nothing. Right now, i dread rolling a pure DPS class because of the queues.

Like i said, it will add more variables. So, sometimes it might help and sometimes it won't. Better try something than nothing. Right now, i dread rolling a pure DPS class because of the queues.
Not sure leaning on variables would be of long-term benefit because it's the 1-1-2 ratio that's causing the problem. Maybe if they increased FP group size to 5 to open up a 3rd DPS slot? Of course they'd have to retune everything, which would probably hit the 2-player + companion groups pretty hard. Or what about replicating the FPs and configuring the 2nd set for 5-mans to accommodate a 5-man GF? Edited by GalacticKegger

Not sure leaning on variables would be of long-term benefit because it's the 1-1-2 ratio that's causing the problem. Maybe if they increased FP group size to 5 to open up a 3rd DPS slot? Of course they'd have to retune everything, which would probably hit the 2-player + companion groups pretty hard. Or what about replicating the FPs and configuring the 2nd set for 5-mans to accommodate a 5-man GF?

I agree with this. The cross server solution would only help if there is a higher percentage tank/healer percentage on the other servers and i dont really think that is the case. Ive que'd for dps and i really havent had an issue getting into hm flashpoints. Its a longer wait but ive never had to wait for too long on ebon hawk. I do agree this would help for pvp

• 3 months later...

This topic should never die...

Maybe if ppl continued to push Bioware since the beginning for a Coss Server Queue, they already wouldv implemented.

Pathetic this " We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant."

So whats the "significant" challenge to BW? Not let the die?

I started to play this game at day 1 Early Access... I remember when I had to wait half hour or more to join the server... Almost all server were full or heavy all the time... Now what?

Thanks BW for your stupidity and not knowing what the players really wants even 2 years after launch...

$200 Mil for a game and none had the ideia to Cross Server? MMO´s older then SWTOR implemented Cross Server, so its nothing new to MMO market...

Here a $200 mil advice for free: Please Wake Up! We love Star Wars, but only the Star Wars name wont hold us much longer!

EDIT: Try only one thing... Just one... Cross Server for Ranked Warzones... Just That.... Give it a try and you will see how much this game will grow...

Edited by SaraivaBR

For crying out loud, BioWare. It's 2014. Can you please make a modern forum that automatically locks topics after a month of inactivity? Necrobumping is just a sport for trolls now.

Normally I'd agree, but this topic is still relevant. BW is hurting themselves without cross server queues.

For crying out loud, BioWare. It's 2014. Can you please make a modern forum that automatically locks topics after a month of inactivity? Necrobumping is just a sport for trolls now.

Yes, for crying out loud, it's 2014 ... the year when cross server queueing is a norm

They have stated they cannot even add a basic feature such as shared storage, how on earth are they expected to deliver cross server?

Never going to happen. We have been asking for it since launch pretty much and nothing has changed. Well actually it has, they have stated in the interim that they do not have the technical know how to deliver it.

On occasion I look at this game and think they are allowing it to enter it's death throws, whilst still trying to grab every last £ via the CM. There is only so long fluff and the IP can keep this game alive.

They looked at it but apparently it's too hard.

Edited by aeterno

They probably have tried it before and it gave them technical difficulties and performance issues.

Bump.

Cross server queue would be the single best QOL improvement they could make to the game.

They should also introduce a "Team" based battleground that allows empire and republic players to be on the same team. Introduce a new "threat" forcing empire and republic forces to cooperate.

I like what they are doing on the PVE side, 4 person groups creates a DPS logjam for the queue.

too much coding. Devs can't work so hard :D

For $200 mil game, looks like it...

On occasion I look at this game and think they are allowing it to enter it's death throws, whilst still trying to grab every last £ via the CM. There is only so long fluff and the IP can keep this game alive.

Looks like try really trying to get our money without doing NOTHING for us...

Dam I would love if Blizzard bought Swtor... It hurts to say but its true... Pathetic Work BW doing so far...

Edited by SaraivaBR

• 4 months later...

The game is dying due to lack of population.

FP queues during anything but peak hours are.. well, hours long. Even as a healer, even as a tank. I went 4 hours one night before logging off and didn't get a single group.

I rarely ever see anyone when I'm leveling a new character. Most planets are dead.

I always see the same exact people when I'm doing 55 WZs; and even the queue times there can extend up to 30+ minutes.

It is not fun to sit in a queue for an hour before getting sick of waiting and logging off to play another game, and that's what I find myself doing nearly every single night.

Cross server tech is needed, badly, unless all that's planned is yet another server merge which won't even fix the problem.

Honestly seems like EA/Bioware just don't care about the game anymore.