March 27th Maintenance

CeruleanNite

Bioware is so favoring the majority that play the game! What about those of us that don't want to play? What are we supposed to do huh? How are we supposed to do that when its up during (insert region here) primetime?

I "whine" a bit when there is excessive maintenance, mainly because it is during my prime time (plus I honestly believe that in this day and age it is taking BW far too long to patch). However, this is a pleasing step in the right direction, so props where props are due and I hope that maintenance gets more streamlined in the future. :)

Correction, People will be complaining about: the lag of the server, Sorcs being overpowered, tracer missle, color of the sky being blue, majority of world bosses being droids, not being able to afford the white power crystals, tier armor being ugly as hell, operatives being OP, Healing being nerfed, ankle deep water, and the fact that they still havent recieved their special snowflake badge.

Moral of the story is, because people are paying for a service they expect it to be flawless because apparently no one in the service can make a mistake otherwise they should get fired. People mess up, then try and sometimes succeed in fixing their mistakes.

Im not complaining I like the game.

TL;DR Someone will find something to complain about.

Edited by RejectedPriest

TL;DR Someone will find something to complain about.

Indeed.

This just in.... the dog ate my homework and it's Bioware's fault. Bioware customer support won't give me my homework back! Epic fail Bioware.....nerf my dog NAO!!! :p

I demand that they make up some reason to take the servers down! I'll write them a patch myself if I have to!

im sure they'll find something trivial that requires a "emergency" patch fix in before then, like not getting a pvp kill cred when your jumping and moving backwards while using an ability or something...

So did anyone see this yet:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376078

Now how amny complaints will there be because there will be NO downtime.

This is actually what I was hoping Bioware would be able to do when they were talking about the benefits of the Hero Engine. They said they would be able to push new code to the servers while everything stayed up and running.

I'm very impressed, even if it's not for a patch and is just for minimal maintenance stuff.

Hi all,

I think this is great since it means everyone except the whiners are happy since we get to play the game while maintenance is happening and the weekly maintenance stills goes ahead! This would not have been possible with the now shutdown Star Wars Galaxies and with all the bugs and glitches the old SWG had the maintenance would have likely been double the normal time for SWTOR.So to all whiners on this thread shut up and enjoy being able to play the game while the weekly maintenance happens!

Edited by ratatech

So did anyone see this yet:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376078

Now how amny complaints will there be because there will be NO downtime.

None.

There will be a lot of threads and posts like yours complaining about the LACK of complaints about no down time however. :)

This thread is filling up with them. :eek:

Edited by Goretzu