Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

Well, my agent ended up in the "Batman" ending (probably the most common one, I guess), but now I think of replaying it to defect to SIS, because of this RP. And we know that dissolution of Intelligence is canon, from Annihilation novel)

My main is Jedi Sage, sort of "Qui-gon" in his opinions (lots of them pretty close to "what would I do if I was there and with those powers"). He had tow sons, one became Jedi Knight (currently playing), and the other was kidnapped as a small child (something around 10) by Empire (maybe by one of my "rival" Siths that are planned), and was given cybernetic implants to control his thoughts (plus some other mind control stuff).

That child grew up to be the Agent, and he follows most of orders, except he can get snappy/sarcastic at some orders, as the loyalty control is not perfect. When SIS used the control word, all previous control stuff collapsed, and agent regained his free will).

However, here is my question, for anyone with the LS ending

What happens to all the former Intelligence officers, like Keeper and Watcher 2, as I grew to like them both (sadly, it seems impossible to get serious with Watcher 2), and I would hate to see them killed

Edited by Aries_cz

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is this datamined object http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/57138/chapter_4_rise_of_the_hutt_cartel/

Though I get the feeling that Makeb will not be individual class updates but general story updates. With Hall Hood's comments about being like the Avengers and bring everyone's stories together.

There will be a Chapter 4 later in 2013. No, it's not with the Makeb release, although Makeb will have ~some~ story advancement, it won't be a full chapter. Hall Hood addressed this in an interview last week, it's on the general forums somewhere. I commented on it. Makeb will actually be the "Interlude" that's been on our loading screens for the last 9 months. I never expected a full story expansion within a year of launch, anyway.

It's interesting because in the interview, they address the Agent's story specifically, since Agents get 3 very different endings. His response was "it's hard for spies to retire or stay out of the Spy game," so I assume

whether you're Batman, Republic Double Agent or Sith lackey, we're all going to end up in the same place come Ch. 4 (you didn't REALLY think the Sith we're going to give you anything, did you? *smirk*)

The first time around, I leveled FemAgent Sniper, full Dark Side,

killed pretty much everybody including the entire SIS Team (Lokin was thrilled, lol). I was so enraged about the mind-control stuff my single goal in getting through Chapter 2 was taking Koethe's head. Ultimately got the Batman ending, which I'm fine with.

I'm leveling a male Operative now, trying for mostly Light and I'm enjoying the differences.

I plan on letting Koethe and his team live this time, just for what happens in Chapter 3.

I have 4 50s on Republic and Empire, and Agent story is still the best, hands down.

I did read that, but I'm still a little confused about how Chapter 4 is going to fit in with game patches/expansions and whether chapter 4 would in fact be class stories. They're so vague about that and I hope they can start shedding more light on this soon.

It's not really based on your alignment so much as particular choices you make at different points.

Towards the end of chapter 2 you have to choose to leave certain people alive in order to get the "defection" ending. But if you do that you can't get the "evil" ending. Either way you can choose the "neutral" ending.

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know if there is a youtube video where i can see the "giving the codex to intelligence". i just finished mine as full ls (you may know what that means ;P) but i want to see the other outcomes to, cant finde that one though.

fyi sorry for my bad endlish :D

Btw are these reflecting your alighnment score or your convo choices? I will have to maek different decisions based on this...

Your overall alignment makes zero impact on which ending you work towards. It's the choices you make at certain important points of your story that determine what you have available in the end. The alignment of those choices and overall character alignment does not matter.

Ah dang wish I had seen this before I choose. I wanted to keep Imperial intelligence around seems kind of silly being an imperial agent and yet none of the npc's consider you one anymore.:( Well at least I got to head the new Sith run organization wish they gave us a title. I mean your the head of a new organization you should at least have some designation like the head of the secret police or something along that line. Overall the ending I found to be rather anti-climatic.

Well my agent, is going rogue. Think about it guys. And this me reacting to the situation. You got mind control inflicted upon you by your own service. And they were so incompetent they LOST the codes to SIS who used you as well for their own ends. Sorry. For me, I'd want to be an honest agent for my side. But if you can't trust me and neither can the other side, then to hell with both, i'll work for just me.

I too want to know how, if at all, are we able to have Imperial Intelligence reinstated. I ended up with a similar ending to many here where I was mostly grey, dipping from time to time to Light 1 but finishing as Dark 1 and Intelligence was dissolved but I chose all of the "Stay loyal to the Empire" options. I chose not to turn over the Codex to Keeper because even though I liked him from start to finish and respected him highly, the storyline (and my own personal inclinations) forced my Sniper to trust no one but herself (perhaps to go on a killing spree of every single person on that list)

My Sniper loves the Empire and believes in what it stands for, but will take still being able to serve, albeit from the outside, over being a puppet to the Sith who care more about power than the betterment of the Empire. My only hope is that my Sniper will be waiting in the wings ready to swoop in and save the day, kill the conspirators, reinstate Keeper/Minister of Intelligence, and reestablish Imperial Intelligence in some kind of future content.

One interesting thought: in a meta Star Wars story sense, perhaps the most canon ending is the dissolution of Imperial Intelligence, the creation of Sith Intelligence as a corrupt organization and the eventual [canon] collapse of this Empire all stemming from the SIth dissolving the only organization capable of saving the Empire! :D

I am literally right at the end of Act 1 on my second agent, full Light Side so far. I have been wondering too, has anyone actually gotten this ending? If so, how? If not possible I guess I'll go for the

Go totally goody and join SIS

ending.

Bah.

This character was going to be full LS and fiercly Imperial Intelligence loyal, thought he would be able to avoid the disbanding. Guess he'll just become so LS he'll say "Eff it" and switch sides. Ah well.

If you're so fiercely IA loyal, why not take the free agent route and stay in contact with the people you've been working for?

I destroyed the codex and allied with the SIS. What ending would this be considered and does anything come from these choices. Also, what happens if you try to take Hunter prisoner?

He turns out to be a she, and kills herself

Edited by bobo_fett

If you're so fiercely IA loyal, why not take the free agent route and stay in contact with the people you've been working for?

Already got an agent that did that. My original plan was foiled, so might as well do something different!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where you can find out what option you took again? I left the game for a bit and I'd completed the storyline with my agent, but I can't be sure what choice I went with. I think I recall imperial intelligence being dissolved and replaced by a new one but I'm not sure. I didn't give the sith the codex though I'm pretty sure of that.

The reason I wanted to know is I'm thinking of doing it again but as an operative and maybe the hand of the sith or the military option as I'm wearing the CE imperial trooper armour.

Edited by LordRaeth

I don't know if there's any way to see what you chose. Though it sounds like you went the neutral option. The only other options were giving it to the sith and giving it to the SIS. I think you'd remember that. If you saw the option to give it to the Sith, the SIS option wasn't even available. Edited by chuixupu

• 3 weeks later...

Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood. I did the darkest of the dark endings on my agent and I think this is how it went...

You give the black codex to Jadus and then return to the Minister of Intelligence. He says that he will most likely be exiled or executed and that the sith are forming a new Sith Intelligence. According to him you are all set up to be the head of it and run it ( but still be under orders of Darth Jadus of course) So in a way you kind of do become Keeper with this ending. Oh and there is a brief moment when you're talking to Keeper on your ship where she calls you "Sir".

Edited by Oragummi

How I can make neutral ending? If i do like in start post, I ll be batman of Empire

Neutralish: Imperial Intelligence goes on as normal, you stay on as Cipher Nine.

I think that particular one you linked there was a beta only ending, I don't believe you can get it anymore. You still get the other neutral ending that is the third one listed on the first post. It's pretty easy to get, the only way you will not get that ending is if you

give the codex to the Sith, or Ardun Kothe if you left him alive.

Just keep it for yourself.

Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood. I did the darkest of the dark endings on my agent and I think this is how it went...

You give the black codex to Jadus and then return to the Minister of Intelligence. He says that he will most likely be exiled or executed and that the sith are forming a new Sith Intelligence. According to him you are all set up to be the head of it and run it ( but still be under orders of Darth Jadus of course) So in a way you kind of do become Keeper with this ending. Oh and there is a brief moment when you're talking to Keeper on your ship where she calls you "Sir".

Yep, that's the darkest dark side ending.

Edited by chuixupu

• 2 weeks later...

one ending option that seemed to be missing:

part of me wanted to join the Star Cabal. i've always loathed the self-righteous Jedi, and every encounter my Agent had with a Sith Lord resulted in him being zapped. to play those 2 jaggov parties against each other in a glorious blaze of... *ahem* glory would've given me a nerdgasm.

it also seemed as if getting a seat on the Cabal only needed merit, which the Agent has in spades by the end.

imagine no longer being crushed by the yoke of Force-users, a pawn in their epic struggle for control, always a potential victim of crossfire. that is true freedom in this galaxy.

BW could've been very, very brave in allowing a simple Agent to destroy that sacred cow. maybe they're holding that card for the future.

• 3 months later...

A question regarding if you sided with jadus- what happens when you go to makeb? is he still in charge - What Darth Maar says about it? isnt he supposed to be dead?:rak_02:

srry for awakening an old topic