Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

My female guildies and I have discovered that playing a female Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, and Trooper toons have basically ZERO flirt options throught the entire game play.

(The only exception is when we meet our courting companion and we flirt about three times and then it is over for the durration of the game.)

Originally we suspected it was simply because of the class we were playing until we learned that our male guildies--who play characters of the same class--have several flirt options all throughout the game. It is not specific to class, it is specific to female characters alone.

We feel this is quite sexist and are very dissapointed that the males of the same class toon have more flirt options.

We ask that you re-think future writings on how the genders are played, and please do not make the females so entirely boring and frigid. Let us have a little more personality.

Thank you.

Edited by PhoenixDream

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I really feel like I am missing out on what this game is supposed to offer. My options are typically entirely predictable and boring. I play a Jedi Knight.

Truth be told I'm pretty upset about this. Just because I am female that means I don't get to enjoy the game the way I would if I was a guy?

How dissapointing, to say the least!

Get better writers!

Well, i always thought it was the guys always flirting and trying to get into the women's pants, i guess its not true at all. eh? lol

Seriously though, i have leveled up female and male characters and i have seen alot of flirt options as a Jedi Knight, i just haven't explored them, since i ma playing a pure lightside Jedi.

One of the reasons I'm playing a female smuggler is because I can actually play a fun, flirty character. In the beta I played a female trooper (39), Jedi knight (37) and consular (50) as well, and I was frustrated at how few opportunities they get to flirt.

There is a huge gender discrepancy in this game when it comes to both romances and flirting and I find it pretty disappointing considering BioWare's track record with inclusive romances in their games.

@JamieKirby: It has nothing to do with playing the light side or dark side. Light side can flirt all they want and it doesn't go against them. The only time there is an issue with light side vs. dark side is if it tells you that you will get points one way or another if you answer that way. But LIGHT SIDE male Jedi's get to flirt while female ones don't. That is my issue and trut be told it is pretty upsetting to me that the game is so sexist this way.

@Furtled: The smuggler is the only female who gets to flirt. And that is why you see it as an option.

@Isaanita: I feel the same way. But when I learned that male Jedi Knights, Counselors and Troopers especially get to flirt when the females don't... yeah I'm pretty upset about it.

My characters's personality sucks. Story is great. The game is pretty great in every other way. But this is ridiculous. To learn that the men are playing a better game than me is beyond upsetting.

My toon is a purist oblivious frigid holier than thou boring toon. I wouldn't have minded it so much since I do like to just play the game.

But when I learned that the male toons of the same class were not so boring I was pretty pissed. Still am truth be told.

Edited by PhoenixDream

Both my Bountyhunter and Imperial Agent has had plenty of opportunity to flirt.

I think that perhaps you are looking at this the wring way, in the sense that while male troopers and Jedi are strong figures, they are also then kind of person that one might expect to flirt, wheras a strong woman, like troopers or jedi, value their independence and is seen by the general populace as an unattainable figure.

This is of course based entirely on my own notions, but to me it seems logical (plus stereotyping men as ***** bastards never seems to fail when you wanna earn some cheap laughs)

I for one decided to roll a female Jedi consular to try it out and ended up sticking with it.. (I'm male btw) I', only lvl 26 and I've been able to flirt with like...1 person Tharan cordax i think.. I'm not really one to speak out o the whole sexist thing but on my male toons i can flirt ALL the time..

Odd - I'm playing a female Smuggler and not counting companions my lvl 19 character's had a chance to flirt with three NPCs so far. Maybe it's a class thing?

Im playing a lvl 18 male sith inquisitor and I have had flirt options in one conversation so far..

Edited by Karkais

It's because Bioware thought that there would be a lot more male players than female players.

So they gave almost no flirt option for the girls and YES this is unfair. Only the female smuggler seems to have some flirting options, and that's all.

I'm playing as an Imperial agent (female) and has one flirting option so far. But she's only lvl 12 so... I don't know if there will be more after... an agent is supposed to seduce, right? especially the women!

Bioware should had more flirting options for the female players. I agree.

Edited by Evolvana

One of the biggest discrepancies is that, unlike BioWare's ME series, the female characters can't flirt with other females. I was really disappointed in this, as I am a level 28 female Bounty Hunter and have had only a handful of flirt choices. All of which have been with male NPCs. I wanted to flirt with Lady of Pain :(

This is also concerning in regards to the Baroness title, which I would like very much. But apparently I have to romance a male character.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Why?!

The first flirt option I recall seeing on my female Sith Warrior was with the companion who will be my romance option. I do plan on romancing him, so I'm happy with that, but I would have liked a few flirts before I settle down and get exclusive.

I am playing a Sith Warrior as my main and yes it is a female (I am so I play female toons) and as of level 29 the only flirt option I have received was with Malavai Quin. My son is also playing a Sith Warrior and has been getting flirt options pretty much the whole time as well as the hubby who is playing a Sith Inquisitor (his has already done the dirty dirty deed :eek:). It does seem rather one sided, maybe they will address that before I start playing any alts and I can have more fun with them.

If you play a female consular and you do the quest to find the out if the 2 padawans are romanticly involved, there is an option to tell the female to kiss the male. You character then mentions that she would because he is "cute". I found this funny since my character has no eyes.

I got male and female juggernauts and did same quest on both characters

till lvl 20

my male could flirt with about 4 npc + sleep with one

while my female did not have any choices like this...

Edited by Lakshri

I know that someone talked about the male romance option for Sith female warriors: Malavi Quinn.

I'm starting a Sith female and would like to get my romance right, I know he loves the Empire above all, but can my Sith be light side or as she to be dark side? does it matter? does he prefer dark side options or not?

I tend to play light side even as a Sith because it's original, but I don't want to suddenly have to choose the dark side options just to gain affection from him. I would like to know before really starting what I should do to please him! :)

Man. The flirting dialogue is the most hilarious dialogue in the game! I hate that as a female character I don't get the chance to abuse it as often as all my friends playing male characters do. More than half the time they get the chance to talk to a femme npc, they get to flirt. I am so jealous! I'd re-roll to a male character if I felt like looking at their flat behinds all day but I just don't. So I'm stuck with only occasionally amusing chat options and little to no flirting, and hoping they win rolls instead of me. :( Edited by Kalytron