When can my toon learn crafting ?

JaggedOne

There are no crafting trainers on the starter planets, AFAIK, which means one has to go up to the orbital station to train a craft. Can a new toon go up and train crafts, so he can be gathering as he levels 1-10 ? My guess is you can't go up there until you either get the Fleet Pass at level 10, or are sent there via a quest (which is usually level 9-ish...I *have* seen a couple of 9s on the orbital station), which means that answer to my question is *no*, but I'm just checking to make sure.

Thanks !!!

You can go straight up to the fleet at level 1. I wanted to check something on the fleet without moving my characters one time, so I made a new toon and sent him straight up.

Whether you can learn crew skills before the main quest sends you there IDK ... never tried.

However except for Scavenging and Bioanalysis (which you can gather dead bodies of strongs+), there are no gathering nodes on starter planets, so there is no real point to learning them before the second planet.

Edited by AngelousWang

You can take the transport up to the fleet at lvl 1 and train all your crew skills (which will also get you lvl 4 before you do anything from just the codex xp on all the crew trainers).

However, there are no natural nodes that I know of on the starter planets. Scavengers can get some metals off strong+ droids, so that's an option. But as far as I know, there's no crystals or slice boxes or anything.

I found it nice to have some early metals, but really the amount probably didn't make a difference in the long run.

Thanks for your responses....looks like I was wrong...:eek:

But I wonder if I can gather even if I get the skill, because the actual gathering is done by the companion. Oh well, gonna find out !!

you can gather yourself, you can however not do slicing or any other type of quests that require a companion.

Thanks for your responses....looks like I was wrong...:eek:

But I wonder if I can gather even if I get the skill, because the actual gathering is done by the companion. Oh well, gonna find out !!

Even with a companion you can gather yourself by holding shift while you click on the node.

Does nobody read poping up tips on your right and tips on the loading screen ? :)