Tachenko_Yuri

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware EA employees,

Just admit one of the following.

a) The team(s) working on bug fixes are professionally incompetent, or

b) Your engine hates to be touched because it is a steaming pile of Frankenstein's you know what, or

c) The QA department is full of professionally incompetent individuals or

d) all of the above.

Its pretty obvious to everyone who isn't mentally challenged, at this point in the SWTOR project's life, we've already witnessed everything that would support (b) with our own eyes and ears going way back starting from the very beginning of development. Every interview, every question asked, every word spoken, every experience playing over all this time to present says so. However, I'd say there is a mixture of all of the above, simply because it fits the facts. Every patch brings in a bug fine. But you have some of thee worst most persistent unfix-able bugs I have ever seen on any MMORPG engine. Even when you fix a bug you create two new ones! And then the one you fixed comes back again... Sometimes. Your performance is embarrassing to look at. I can't watch.

For those that don't understand why Frankenstein, because that's the type of engine they are using now.

Bioware EA employees,

Just admit one of the following.

a) The team(s) working on bug fixes are professionally incompetent, or

b) Your engine hates to be touched because it is a steaming pile of Frankenstein's you know what, or

c) The QA department is full of professionally incompetent individuals or

d) all of the above.

Its pretty obvious to everyone who isn't mentally challenged, at this point in the SWTOR project's life, we've already witnessed everything that would support (b) with our own eyes and ears going way back starting from the very beginning of development. Every interview, every question asked, every word spoken, every experience playing over all this time to present says so. However, I'd say there is a mixture of all of the above, simply because it fits the facts. Every patch brings in a bug fine. But you have some of thee worst most persistent unfix-able bugs I have ever seen on any MMORPG engine. Even when you fix a bug you create two new ones! And then the one you fixed comes back again... Sometimes. Your performance is embarrassing to look at. I can't watch.

For those that don't understand why Frankenstein, because that's the type of engine they are using now.

This.

/sign

Please fix this soon BW, I like to say that I have a mild case of OCD as I constantly jump with my characters in a repeated rhythm. It's nagging at me beyond belief :( I can't take no more arghhhh!

If it reduces the number of Mexican Jumping Bean players in the game then, hell, leave it as it is. It's a price worth paying, I reckon, if it drives them away.

Edited by PLynkes

I don't think it's a poor wording by Eric. 'Known issues' list isn't simply a text file in which they write 'X feature is bugged'. They must add to it all the additional information about the issue: when/where/how it happens, for which class and all the possible boundary conditions. They also have to spend also a small time evaluating the priority of that issue...

The text file you see on the customer service forum is there just as an information for us users.

(Or maybe I'm totally mistaken :rak_03:)

Edited by FeniceNera

It seems strange this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it is not the animation I noticed first.

It is that the whole jumping mechanic has been altered; instead of jump -> forward in order to clear a span, now it is forward -> jump and it barely even works, half the time I end up moving forward slightly before the jump and end up falling from the elevated span.

Please revert to the previous mechanic, it doesn't seem like it should have been changed at all.

If it reduces the number of Mexican Jumping Bean players in the game then, hell, leave it as it is. It's a price worth paying, I reckon, if it drives them away.

I completely agree but I see that they're still spacebar pounding their attention-seeking everywhere they go.

Experiment failed.

The guy complaining about professionalism etc is hilarious. He actually makes semi good points and then he cries and makes a huge deal about the jump bug. Obviously that's what this thread is about but his time would have been better spent elsewhere complaining about the actually problems and leaving A JUMP BUG THAT HAS NO IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY WHATSOEVER out.

lmao

The guy complaining about professionalism etc is hilarious. He actually makes semi good points and then he cries and makes a huge deal about the jump bug. Obviously that's what this thread is about but his time would have been better spent elsewhere complaining about the actually problems and leaving A JUMP BUG THAT HAS NO IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY WHATSOEVER out.

lmao

I wasn't griping about the jump bug. :3 Please reread my posts. If anything I griped alot about a) Professionalism and b) Collections system. Frankly I find the jump bug to be absolutely hilarious. But please by all means point out more issues that you would like me to gripe about that affect your gameplay and such. I'm more than willing to get behind a cause to make the game better, believe it or not. :cool:

PS: Also, if you check my signature you'll see exactly what I was really griping about in this thread.

Edited by WillCaedes

Obviously that's what this thread is about but his time would have been better spent elsewhere complaining about the actually problems and leaving A JUMP BUG THAT HAS NO IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY WHATSOEVER out.

I don't remember writing about professionalism anywhere? since, as the OP, i could more or less call this thread mine.

I was just curious question about what data got touched that put the jumping action in the silly state it currently is. :p

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

Hey guys,

There is a bug where when you jump, your character does their jump animation as if they had their weapon drawn even if it isn't. This is a bug and we will work on getting it placed on the known issues list.

-eric

I'm sorry. I never nerdrage and bash you guys. I've never played an MMO so I don't know how their customer services are; from what I've seen you guys do pretty good. But the bolded part was good for a genuine lol-facepalm. I'm sorry. I really am. But that needed to be worded better. :p