Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

cuttothechase

Master D is 100% dead now...it's not even on life support...logging in to even get your WZ daily done can take forever.

The obvious options and the most discussed have been Dalbora, Harbinger and The Bastion... they all have pros and cons.

Dalbora

Pros - We keep the excellent latency and if we all moved there as one then the population would swell nicely. Also it's our time zone so the peek times are better.

Cons - With the slow decline of the game itself and the lack of care shown by Bioware will this server share the same fate as Master D somewhere down the line?... also the 50 queue is broken and the level of care they have shown in getting this fixed looks pretty deplorable.

The Harbinger

Pros - The pros are many ..a GTN absolutely flooded with items, pvp pop in seconds in fact a wait more than a minute or two is rare. Multiple opponents in WZs, i've rarely been grouped with the same people. Even during our peek time, which is there dead time, the fleet and planets are overflowing with people. At the end of the day Harbinger has the greatest population out of all servers so if one day there was only one server left...this would most likely be it.

Cons - The latency drop from sub 30ms to 170-270ms can be a game breaker. It's not an APAC community and for some the inane general chat about politics can be a chore. It's not a PvP server...but with world PvP non existent anyway this doesn't really matter. Also the average level of PvP is awful... or maybe Master D was all full of lowbie alts of War Hero plus because the lowbies on Harb have no clue where as the lowbies on Master D were full of good players.I don't know what it's like at 50 yet but i would imagine the same ...rated may be better.

The Bastion

Pros - I've not rolled on the Bastion....but i believe it's similar to The Harbinger with a slightly lower population but not by much.

Cons - Same as Harb I would imagine it being a PvP server that the quality of WZs even at lowbie level would be better but i can't say for sure.

All this being said if we were to all transfer to Dalbora then we, as a server, would stay togethor and i've had alot of good times with alot of you and it would make Dalbora a better server in turn. However if we all split between the servers then Dalbora loses out a bit and we all split to. BOSS as a group are discussing the same on our guild forums but I thought i'd try and get a general concensus as well.

Also thank you to Chippy for his efforts in trying to get Bioware to notice and acknowledge the problem...which they did then promptly ignored it.

TLDR ? : Anyway...where are you going to transfer to and why? Not re-roll...we've all done that already in various places and i can drop my lowbie anytime and not care... but my main has to go somewhere permanent.

Note: I have 4 x 50s and my son has a separate account and his chars will need transefered where i go to so paid transfers are going to hurt ..i, like many of you, only want to do this once. It will be my second round of transfers having originally been on Nadd's Sarcophogus..but that transfer was free.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want competitive PVP and Ranked Warzone, The Bastion is the best pick. Hey I'm MVP is clearly the best guild in the Bastion in my opinion, and other guilds like Strictly Business and Don't Panic are great guild for ranked as well..

If you want population, The Harbinger wins by default.

For latency and during primetime, Dalborra is the best.

Good post mate!!!

I am going to nominate this for community round up however they will most likely delete my recommendation as BW will not face this problem.

AS per the BOSS forums, I will repost here so the greater community can see.

1. Bon voyage Master D when xfers come in, F2P is not going to save the server.

2. Most likely go to Dalborra with Chippy alone, no doubt BW are going to charge a butt load to xfer. See how it goes there.

3. Continue to level on Harbringer... this server will be the dinosaur server of SWTOR, it will always have population and will only die when the game shutsdown IMO

4. I still want to level lots of chars, i have one of every class on Master D but they are all around lvl 20 so its no loss if i level them on Harbringer, after all why would I want to pay $25 to xfer... no doubt they will charge A LOT OF MONEY to xfer because we have worked out BW are a bunch of *****s when it comes to the APAC community etc etc and will no doubt try and make a quick buck out of our misfortune.

In Summary

I really really really want to stay on the APAC servers however history has shown us BW doesnt give 3/5s of sweet FA about our community. For the longevity of the game, The Harbringer is it!

Edited by Cheezfriend

Indeed a great post.

I feel the same way Nerdrage, I would really like to stick together with the great people I have played with on Master D.

Speaking to Chieftain the other day about his experiences on The Bastion, he noticed the latency in PVP quite a bit, I have had the same experience.

Perhaps its something you get used to, but for both of us it was severe enough that we both questioned serious competitive pvp with that kind of latency.

My vote would be Dalborra or The Harbinger (pop beats The Bastion easily).

The idea of a mass re-roll to Dalborra is fantastic and I would love it if that happened.

I do ackowledge though the fear that the APAC servers may well die off entirely and to be in the same boat again in 6-12 months would be terrible.

To answer your question for better or worse Ill be going to Dalborra or whatever the single Oceanic server will be called. Unless there is a consensus about a single target server in which case I'll go with the flow.

Master D is 100% dead now...it's not even on life support...logging in to even get your WZ daily done can take forever.

Is a bit drastic, its very low pop but I still have some hope that F2P will bump it up a bit (I may be insane) also all the concerns are really only to do with PVP, this server still has several PVE guilds going strong and enjoying the game, of course it could always do with more players, but if your single activity focused and its not working out that doesn't mean the whole server is dead/broken.

If and when they offer paid xfers I would think Dalbora would be the best choice at first to at least try and keep our tasty pings, xfering to a US server only as a last resort.

Edited by Deviouzzz

I am mainly a PVE player so ping is not as criticalfor me, however I will till prefer 30 to 300. I am in no mood for rerolling though, if I wanted to play a game alone I would go and play some excellent games like AC3, FARCRY3, Hitman absolution etc which are, imo much better than the drivel BW makes eg. ME3

I would like a consolidated server as I think we as a community can support 1 server easily(remember people will come back if there were no pop issues) so it should be ok.

As for F2P solving issues, its gonna bring in 12 year olds who dont know what the **** community means and will just spew crap ingame. and the 10% of all the idiots coming in with f2p will ever get to 50 on a single char, and when they do they will be terrible. I can see 2-5% of f2p population making any meaningful contribution to endgame which means there is no point waiting for f2p.

Only if people at BW got this. But then there is a case to be made of hiring people with an actual education rather than just experience as education is what makes you understand why things happen. Hire people with experience only, and they have no idea how to look at the root of issues and just spew ad hoc fixes.

Is a bit drastic, its very low pop but I still have some hope that F2P will bump it up a bit (I may be insane) also all the concerns are really only to do with PVP, this server still has several PVE guilds going strong and enjoying the game, of course it could always do with more players, but if your single activity focused and its not working out that doesn't mean the whole server is dead/broken.

If and when they offer paid xfers I would think Dalbora would be the best choice at first to at least try and keep our tasty pings, xfering to a US server only as a last resort.

As much as i understand that PvE is still functional on Master D..it's not just the lack of a PvP pop that is ringing the death knell...the GTN is almost unusable to find matts in particular for things such as Plastoid and Bronzium...high level armourings are rare as and the list of things that you can't find there goes on... low population causes other things to happen not just low pop. As noted most of the PvP'ers now have alts on servers that they will likely be going to when transfers become available...and when they do...ALLLL those main characters will be gone from the fleet for good. If it's not dead now, it will be then and it's not if, it's when. So yes, it's dead... it's on life support now with the machines giving it a pulse and breath ..with people logging in to do their dailies...and of course you will still be able to PvE ...but as a fully functioning server..it's dead just waiting for them to pull the plug.

yeah i rolled on the Harbringer after hitting lvl 12 i decided to try some pvp i know low level isnt really a good way to judge, but i was mainly in there to see how much difference the ms change would effect me as melee. It was enough for my to go back and start over on Dalborra. As a melee dps i found it much harder to play with 300ms, some people say you get use to it but i dont think i could go back to that kind of ms(Latency) after tasting 34ms on our servers! No delay at all in my abilitys when pressed no fps lag either, game just runs smoother for me on our servers

Now im a recent returning player to the game and my mains are on Master D which are full BM and when i did a couple WZs against people who are much much better geared then me it felt like i was in recruit gear lol, So there is really no loss for me in rerolling and putting time/effort into a new main on another server

Just my 2 credits, Cheers

I would defiantly be moving of Master D. I'm not sure which server it would be. I would very much like to see what the bulk of Master D players do and to which server they move two as I would like to stay with this community.

I haven't spoken to all the Four One Nine yet, but the few that I have said they would opt to transfer as well.

Indeed a great post.

Speaking to Chieftain the other day about his experiences on The Bastion, he noticed the latency in PVP quite a bit, I have had the same experience.

Perhaps its something you get used to, but for both of us it was severe enough that we both questioned serious competitive pvp with that kind of latency.

My vote would be Dalborra or The Harbinger (pop beats The Bastion easily).

The idea of a mass re-roll to Dalborra is fantastic and I would love it if that happened.

I do ackowledge though the fear that the APAC servers may well die off entirely and to be in the same boat again in 6-12 months would be terrible.

To answer your question for better or worse Ill be going to Dalborra or whatever the single Oceanic server will be called. Unless there is a consensus about a single target server in which case I'll go with the flow.

Yeah i got to level 10 and snooped around Dalborra Imperial Fleet. I learnt a couple of things.

1. Dalborra Ranked PVP is non existent

2. There is only one serious PVP guild left according to the people i asked on fleet.

3. Many of the people there said that the server population has been declining much like ours.

4. While there was 110 people on Imperial Fleet, there was only 1 lvl 50 warzone in progress.

Therefore im assuming Dalborra is in the exact same boat as Master Dar'nala, it's just gonna die a slower death.

Dalborra has the excellent ping, but The Bastion has the competitive pvp community we all really want.

So i'm afraid i have no choice but to continue rerolling on The Bastion.

As a mostly PVE player:

Dalborra > Harbringer > bastion

Dalborra could work if enough people from the other APAC servers all agreed. The ping is what persuaded me to sub to swtor rather than go back to wow (and the storyline ofc)

Edited by laz_AU

Yeah i got to level 10 and snooped around Dalborra Imperial Fleet. I learnt a couple of things.

1. Dalborra Ranked PVP is non existent

2. There is only one serious PVP guild left according to the people i asked on fleet.

3. Many of the people there said that the server population has been declining much like ours.

4. While there was 110 people on Imperial Fleet, there was only 1 lvl 50 warzone in progress.

Therefore im assuming Dalborra is in the exact same boat as Master Dar'nala, it's just gonna die a slower death.

Dalborra has the excellent ping, but The Bastion has the competitive pvp community we all really want.

So i'm afraid i have no choice but to continue rerolling on The Bastion.

There are some pug organised rwz in the last few weeks on the republic fleet.

1) Ranked wz has been minimal due to the fact that most people believe they need to be in fully augmented wh gear to be viable (but you gear up slowly if you don't queue.....this is a perception problem that lead to a catch 22). There has also been lack of coordination between some of the larger guilds. Timing and availability also played a part in the past.

2) I believe there are still many active and avid pvpers on the server. There are 4-5 guilds that have the players to field one or more competitive rwz teams. In fact a few of the guilds are now working to arrange a ranked wz night this Friday.

3) No doubt the population has declined since launch. However it has been very steady since 1.4. Actually I noticed some increased traffic just last week (probably due to the absence of the pvp bug). I also noticed chats on the fleet from new players, transferred players, re-rolled players and returning players.

4) That may depend on the hours of the day. I would say there can be up to 4-5 lv50 wzs during peak hours at night. Three concurrent wzs are pretty regular. But you do get 15 minutes wait if your queuing is not aligned with the pop.

In summary I think Dalbarra is just holding up. And there are hopeful signs of improvement. Having said that, another couple of weeks of pvp bugs can kill the pvp population.

Edited by Banegio

I have no intentions of moving from Master D if paid transfers become available and no form of server merge or cross-server queue has happened. Frankly I don't want to pay to transfer 10 toons to a playable server, I'd rather go down with the sinking ship so to speak, in hopes that BioWare will do something to fix the APAC populations. If I want to play an MMO with >250ms I'll go play Pandas.

What you guys are doing (jumping ship and rolling alts on other servers like Dalborra and Bastion now) is doing more harm to our server population than you might think. As stated earlier, the overall population since 1.4 has been pretty steady. The reason Master D is in its current state is because you have all already given up on it and bailed to other servers.

I have seen multiple people on Fleet that have re-subbed only to find that the population is now basically empty - imagine how many more of those re-subscribers would have stuck around if so many players hadn't already left for The Bastion and Dalborra.

Free to Play is just around the corner, and if Master D is already empty when it hits it won't bring in any new players - who would want to roll on an empty server right? If you really want to save this server then stay on it.

Edited by Chaori

What you guys are doing (jumping ship and rolling alts on other servers like Dalborra and Bastion now) is doing more harm to our server population than you might think. As stated earlier, the overall population since 1.4 has been pretty steady. The reason Master D is in its current state is because you have all already given up on it and bailed to other servers.

It is unfair to blame players leaving this server at this point in time if they no longer find it fun. Anyone leaving at this point is just a symtom of a problem that they had no control over during the past few months. They pay their money, and if they don't enjoy low populations and pvp ques in excess of 30 mins, then they have a right to leave.

I have seen multiple people on Fleet that have re-subbed only to find that the population is now basically empty - imagine how many more of those re-subscribers would have stuck around if so many players hadn't already left for The Bastion and Dalborra.

Again, not their fault, and who's to say that those people re subbing just didn't do it on another server? The bastion has a rocking AU population now.

All the blame on this lies squarly with bioware. They have all the tools and options at their disposal to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and to do something about populations. No one should be made to suffer through months of boredom in the hopes of f2p "maybe" solving issues. There are quick and direct steps bioware could have done weeks if not months ago, but did not.

The funny thing is, a lot of us came back last night to hopefully get some ranked games going and get some PVP happening on Master Dar'nala. But Nightmare Council que dodged us and left us all trapped in a deserted Voidstar for 8 minutes. When i offered everyone the choice to que for ranked again they said "whats the point? they are just gonna que dodge us again". So we all went back to Bastion.

Your que dodging of anyone other then your predetermined opponents is hurting the server far more then us.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team, 4 of us were in recruit/battlemaster, and we were prepared to make gear changes if things were too uncompetitive in that Voidstar. I FINALLY managed to scrape together enough to make a republic pug team just to have some fun again on Master Dar'nala, and you que dodge it and force them to return to Bastion. We won't be queing again on Master Dar'nala, we PVP on Bastion where people actually play the game.

The funny thing is, a lot of us came back last night to hopefully get some ranked games going and get some PVP happening on Master Dar'nala. But Nightmare Council que dodged us and left us all trapped in a deserted Voidstar for 8 minutes. When i offered everyone the choice to que for ranked again they said "whats the point? they are just gonna que dodge us again". So we all went back to Bastion.

Your que dodging of anyone other then your predetermined opponents is hurting the server far more then us.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team, 4 of us were in recruit/battlemaster, and we were prepared to make gear changes if things were too uncompetitive in that Voidstar. I FINALLY managed to scrape together enough to make a republic pug team just to have some fun again on Master Dar'nala, and you que dodge it and force them to return to Bastion. We won't be queing again on Master Dar'nala, we PVP on Bastion where people actually play the game.

Queue dodging? Last night was our first ever guild in-house RWZ night. We have had absolutely no influence on the current state of server population. Normally we don't even run RWZ - so don't hold us accountable for you guys going back to The Bastion. What complete crap.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team

Nobody ever mentioned you had an OP team so deflate that ego of yours, we are not afraid of vsing a more skilled/dedicated PvP team.

Edited by Chaori

Queue dodging? Last night was our first ever guild in-house RWZ night. We have had absolutely no influence on the current state of server population. Normally we don't even run RWZ - so don't hold us accountable for you guys going back to The Bastion. What complete crap.

Que dodging is when the entire team leaves the WZ before it starts, leaving the other team stranded with nothing to do but sit there watching the timer. Your guild done this to us last night.

Why should we play on Master Dar'nala when you quit the game before it starts and we are left sitting there waiting for the timer to run out?

Your excuses are pathetic, as will be your guild's skill in PVP if your que dodge all your opposition.

We are now completely focused on The Bastion now, where opponents fight each other in Warzones, not on loading screens...

Que dodging is when the entire team leaves the WZ before it starts, leaving the other team stranded with nothing to do but sit there watching the timer. Your guild done this to us last night.

Why should we play on Master Dar'nala when you quit the game before it starts and we are left sitting there waiting for the timer to run out?

Your excuses are pathetic, as will be your guild's skill in PVP if your que dodge all your opposition.

We are now completely focused on The Bastion now, where opponents fight each other in Warzones, not on loading screens...

I understand what queue dodging is, I was questioning the statement not the word.

The one and only reason they left the WZ queue is cause we had 8 other people sitting in queue waiting for it to pop with the first group. The reason we did in-house matches is to get more experience and developed strategies. It really isn't an excuse mate, you should stop making accusations against my guild.

Edited by Chaori

I'll address this issue below:

Nightmare Council remains committed to getting a viable ranked warzone team going, and we will hapily face anyone who wants to take us on. Unfortunately, we've recently lost two key players from what would have been our core team and had a few timezone problems, which have made it hard to get going (We only had 2 of our remaining core team on last night).

Since we do Nightmare Pilgrim on Mondays, we generally have quite a few people online (30+), so after beating that and the other world bosses, we decided to have a bit of fun and face each other in ranked warzones. Since the pub balanced ranked warzones went well, we decided to do it ourselves with whoever was keen. Given the state of the server, we thought late Monday night would be free of other teams queing, so we wouldn't be interfering with them.

My primary goal for these warzones was for everyone to have fun, and give some of our guys a taste of organised pvp. Because it was balanced and for guildies only, we ended up with a lot of people who'd never pvped before wanting to take part (friendly environment, no need to worry about getting 3 shot by midian, balanced teams, my voice :p). These guys were obviously not that great, but with support from the more experienced guildies, they improved very quickly, and hopefully as a result with continue to pvp, benefiting the server as a whole. So since we had players with no pvp experience and no pvp gear (some had only pve'd before, so just took the cash), the team that ended up with you guys quite simply did not stand a chance (imagine a 5 alphababes in recruit gear). So yes, I told them to que dodge you as I did not want them to get annihilated and stop participating and I apologiIse for you guy being stuck in an empty match.

That said, I personally feel you guys overreacted on the matter, logging into your imp toons and proceeding to call Nightmare Council the worst guild on the server (since we're half the server now Master D's in trouble :)). Naturally, our guys then responded and any productive discussion ended. I offered to get our better players into one team and take you guys on, but the offer was lost in the chat logs.

If you guys want to take us on, message me in game or on the forums (Vacarius for forums and Seikier in game) and I'm happy to organise a time for us to play each other (with our better players actually online).

TL;DR: Yes, we que dodged you sorry. With players who'd never done pvp before,we were trying to give everyone a taste of organised pvp. We were not competitive at all for any moderately decent team. Message me if you want me to get our top team organised.

Edited by Vacarius

My accusations stem from your accusation that we are the reason for Master D's current state.

SImple Reasoning: You que dodge us, because you only VS your own guild. Why would anyone else outside your guild bother queing for ranked PVP on Master Darnala?

You couldn't even just play the 12 minutes against us, then play your own guild next match.

We may be the result of Master Dar'nala's dwindling population. But the actions of your guild contribute to the CAUSE of people leaving Master Dar'nala. This is why i called out on your idiotic reasoning in the quote above.

Edited by Weeeeee