Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

Kithzyan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belsavis 4 man heroic dailies have been changed in 1.2. I forget the name of the quest, but it's the one that offered your companions moddable weapons. Qyzen and Spar's weapon choice is now orange. Enjoy.

Should note:

I am asssuming Qyzens's weapon choice is orange. I only ran it once on my smuggler and Spar's weapon choice use to be prototype, now is orange.

Edited by MaubeeEiko

I only read a few of these before skipping to the last post, so I hope I don't repeat what may have been said. I just purchased an orange modable techblade on Coruscant using commendations. I made sure I had enough for my Shadow's weapon 1st, then once I had 14 more, I was able to get the techblade. It starts at lvl 16.

I only read a few of these before skipping to the last post, so I hope I don't repeat what may have been said. I just purchased an orange modable techblade on Coruscant using commendations. I made sure I had enough for my Shadow's weapon 1st, then once I had 14 more, I was able to get the techblade. It starts at lvl 16.

Belsavis 4 man heroic dailies have been changed in 1.2. I forget the name of the quest, but it's the one that offered your companions moddable weapons. Qyzen and Spar's weapon choice is now orange. Enjoy.

Should note:

I am asssuming Qyzens's weapon choice is orange. I only ran it once on my smuggler and Spar's weapon choice use to be prototype, now is orange.

It is, got it today for my Qyzen. The "hilt" is a commando mod for a gun. So thats how that now works instead of a hilt.

Step 1: Have an Armstech make you an augmented moddable orange Techblade.

Step 2: Get the Tionese tank blaster rifle.

Step 3: Put the mods from the blaster rifle along with an aim/endurance augment into said Techblade.

Step 4: Rawr

yeah, I'm not sure if they like "stealth" added this, OR if i just never noticed... but today I was looking at Qyzen's gear I had 3 Techblades(2 in storage 1 he was using)... and all 3 of them were moddable... The names were, Qyzen's advanced techblade, Qyzen's modified techblade and I can't remember the 3rd... But they were all moddable... Green, but moddable... Barrels For the main stat , then the other 3 standard slots..... I even bought a New Barrel for him and it worked fine.

So At least His "mission reward blades" are moddable Now.... And like others have said there are some that can be crafted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm sorry to say this but obviously you all didn't look everywhere for a modable techblade.

Heres what you do to get it.

Step 1. Go to Coruscant.

Step 2. Collect 14 commendations.

Step 3. Turn them in to the Coruscant equipment comendations vendor.

And buy the modable techblade for sale there.

(located under the capital or on the fleet space station)

Step 4. Slap yourself in the face for not looking there in the first place.

CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a modable techblade.

(honestly I don't know how so many people have missed this as I have only been playing for 1 month)

(honestly I don't know how so many people have missed this as I have only been playing for 1 month)

Step 1: Necro a thread without understanding the time frame of the post in question

Step 2: Get told by someone who was actually around during the time that the thread was relevant that the orange moddable techblade that you're talking about didn't exist until patch 1.2 release (around April 2012)

Step 3: Realize how you look like an idiot for assuming that other people are idiots in a necrothread where you don't understand the context of it

Erm, is the techblade what Qyzen uses?

Cause there is one in the weapon vendor on Coruscant, where the supplies are i think, its not orange quality, its green, but its fully moddable.

Just so you guys know, even the Khem Val has the same thing on Dromund Kaas, has a nice Vibrosword fully moddable.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get an OJ Custom Techblade for Qyzen very cheaply,so what I had to do was simply do Herioc instance missions on Coruscant over and over until I got 14 Coruscant Commedations and then I used that to buy a low level OJ Techblade from the Coruscant Commedations Vendors. :'(

Ugly looking sword, But it's working somewhat. :'(

I am currently level 38, so I got a lot of strange looks farming such low level Herioc Missions, but hey, I got an OJ techblade. :D

Edited by possumcatcher
Needed to add one more thing

I couldn't get an OJ Custom Techblade for Qyzen very cheaply,so what I had to do was simply do Herioc instance missions on Coruscant over and over until I got 14 Coruscant Commedations and then I used that to buy a low level OJ Techblade from the Coruscant Commedations Vendors. :'(

Ugly looking sword, But it's working somewhat. :'(

I am currently level 38, so I got a lot of strange looks farming such low level Herioc Missions, but hey, I got an OJ techblade. :D

Level 38?

Did you get to Balmorra yet? The Equipment Commendations vendor there has a Prototype N-30 Battle Techblade for 14 Balmorra Commendations. Probably the single gnarliest-looking melee weapon in the game right now.

Level 38?

Did you get to Balmorra yet? The Equipment Commendations vendor there has a Prototype N-30 Battle Techblade for 14 Balmorra Commendations. Probably the single gnarliest-looking melee weapon in the game right now.

I just completed Balmorra, Bonus and all and I KNOW I overlooked it, if I even bothered to look. But I appreciate you telling me this, I gonna go to Balmorra now and look. If I don't have enough commedations, I get my brother in law and we'll keep doing Herioc Missions until I get it. Thank you. :D

Level 38?

Hey thanks again!!! I am about to buy it and mod it out and fraking use it!!! :D I didn't have enough commedations, so I had to get my brother in law and his friends to team up with me and we did a bunch of herioc missions there. So now I have enough commedations to buy!!! I gotta go so I dont forget to buy the sword. :D