Why didnt the cathar come out with 1.4

AdennBralor

Hello all as you may know, 1.4 was a small update compared to most yet bioware decided not to put all of those great things they said they would like the new techniques and level cap.but why didnt they put cathar in yet?that is my question to the swtor community.and i doubt that there will be another huge update to implement all the things they say they will

I believe all those things were listed as "coming soon" rahter than given a specific time frame. And I'd much rather Bioware take their time and put more effort into the Cathar's looks than they did with many of the other races.

100% agree. The cathar npcs in game look like crap, they look like humans with a summer camp face paint job to look like a cat.

Hello all as you may know, 1.4 was a small update compared to most yet bioware decided not to put all of those great things they said they would like the new techniques and level cap.but why didnt they put cathar in yet?that is my question to the swtor community.and i doubt that there will be another huge update to implement all the things they say they will

1.4 included everything earmarked for 1.4 – not everything earmarked for the rest of the year. In November, we'll see Free to Play, probably along with some free-to-subscribers premiums like HK-51 and Ancient Hypergates which free players can unlock through the cash shop. Makeb, new story and possibly a new flashpoint are likely out in December. BioWare has indicated that Cathar are the next available race, but at this point aren't promising to have them ready this year. 1.4 was mostly for Terror From Beyond, plus some little things they has ready to implement.

Because half the community couldn't give a damn about cathar.

I love baseless estimations that are likely way off. Good job.

Anyway, at least cathar have ALWAYS been in the top ranks of every single poll about species put out since beta. And, according to Georg Zoeller, is a decent representation of the whole. So, I'll go by that rather that some random anonymous poster. ;)

And, hello all! :p

• 3 weeks later...

What I dislike about the whole Cathar deal now is that they made that whole announcement with a BIG splash parading it alongside some hypothetical new content, something that they played to the hilt before 1.4 leading us all to believe they were coming.

Then they dropped the ball and Cathar were missing... then nobody say a thing

Now 1.5 is on PTS and still no traces of Cathar...I mean that... Just keep in mind they announced it Wayyyy back at E3

Grrr I deleted my last 4 lines because i would have surely gotten hit by infraction

Only gonna say 1 thing, SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED

another ball dropped :mad:

Well, what they were announcing when they spoke about Cathar initially wasn't the next patch, it was a selection of what is in store for this year. Most recently (I think it was in the LiveStream Q&A, but I'd have to check dulfy.net to be sure) they said that HK-51 would definitely be this year but that Cathar may not be ready.

That LiveStream was specifically focussed on 1.4 and Free to Play which we now know will be introduced with 1.5. If they deign to give us another Q&A, that will presumably touch on what is upcoming in the content patches to follow next. I expect we'll hear something more about Cathar then.

Okay - looking at the LiveStream Q&A transcript on dulfy.net, I found the comment I was recollecting:

Q: When will we be seeing the Cathar and HK-51?

A: Cathar and HK-51 are both in the works. HK-51 I am confident that you will see before the end of the year. Cathar have no definite timeframe at this point but we intend to introduce them as the first species in SWTOR.

That is still more recent than anything we have heard about some content, announced earlier and not updated in a much longer timeframe, so count your blessings.

Edited by Uluain

I just wish they'd adopt an engine like STO has where you can CREATE your own species. Granted i think you should have to play a stock species to level 50 first to get this option, but let us run wild.

He'll i'd kill to have a female zeltron imperial agent. An agent who can use pheremones to influence targets? Can we say total fun?

Or having a Falleen Jedi knight?

Come on Devs, open the gates and let us have fun!

• 3 months later...

Why wouldn't Wookie's be at the top of list of playable characters? They have such a small appearance it's sad. They mention Kasheek, yet that's no where to be found, how about adding some more star wars to the game? It couldn't hurt considering the thing that keeps this game alive is that it has star wars in the name.

And here is a big plus for you Bio-Ware, Wookie's don't speak basic so you don't have to devout tons of cash on voice acting.

Now please, just let the Wookie win.

Why wouldn't Wookie's be at the top of list of playable characters? They have such a small appearance it's sad. They mention Kasheek, yet that's no where to be found, how about adding some more star wars to the game? It couldn't hurt considering the thing that keeps this game alive is that it has star wars in the name.

And here is a big plus for you Bio-Ware, Wookie's don't speak basic so you don't have to devout tons of cash on voice acting.

Now please, just let the Wookie win.

Main problem with Wookiiee as a playable race is that every race they have come out with is capable of playing all classes, and all can wear the same armor.

Wookiiee Jedi is such an out of canon type of thing that it is almost eliminated outright, thus making problem #1

Problem #2 is armor design, they aren't human, and their size requires that they wear totally different armor than other races. They would not only have to make the race, plot out the scripting, but they would have to design an entire new armor set from 1-50 for the race specifically.

Not gonna dispute that having them as opposed to other races would be a good thing, but it is alot more work than is assumed.

I honestly hope we get to commit genocide on the Cathar people. Burn their filthy hides from the face of the Galaxy forever!

They are disgusting furry things and should be put down on sight.

Why is such a revolting species popular with SWTOR players? Is this part of why the game is struggling, poor taste?

I honestly hope we get to commit genocide on the Cathar people. Burn their filthy hides from the face of the Galaxy forever!

They are disgusting furry things and should be put down on sight.

Why is such a revolting species popular with SWTOR players? Is this part of why the game is struggling, poor taste?

There seem to be some deeper problems within you.