[[MOVIE]] Oozo Strikes Back 4: 35-49 Vanguard Tactics/Assault with Commentary

Raggok

So, instead of making a second 31-39 Vanguard movie I decided to grind out the levels to 50. There were just too many geared 50s showing up on Empire and I didn't want to fall too far behind the curve. The difference between a geared 50 and a fresh 50 is quite huge.

Thus, I changed focus for the fourth movie in this series and decided to make it a 35-49 movie. Movies after this one will be level 50. As with the previous movie, I have added commentary. Some of the topics covered are listed below.

• My build at 50

• Conserving cooldowns

• Line of sight (yes, again... it's that important)

• Using interrupts

• Fighting DPS Mercs

• Predicting the enemy

• Using objects to drop combat and heal

Time go gear up, I guess. I didn't have much luck with my 6 Champion bags when I hit 50. One earring and one implant. :)

Blog post for this movie

Previous movies

(Entertainment style)

(Entertainment style)

Intergalactic Vanguard (6 person chain kill)

(Commentary style)

Awesome video.

Quick question, I know you have both gut and incendiary round. How often do you actually use incendiary? I have it as one of my main keybinds ® and I find that I drop it at the start of every fight without thinking about it for the long range HIB when closing the gap. However, its costs 3 whole ammo and by the time I use that, HIB, ion pulse, assault plastique, and stockstrike im pretty spent (although my burst is high).

Thinking about removing it from my bar so I stop using it so much.

How often do you actually use incendiary?

Too much, probably. :p

Yeah, it's a resource hog but it's extremely valuable since it allows you to HiB without having to get close to your target. Often times it's just too dangerous to move into position to Ion Pulse or Gut.

I like using Voidstar as an example. Having the option to hang back at 30m and still guard doors because of the 18 sec DoT is huge. If you have to move into close range to defend those doors it highly increases your chances of getting focused and dying.

A much better gameplay is to float between the doors, stay at range, hide behind objects, and DoT people up from range if they are pressing the door. Doors are usually capped when too many people die and are in the rez chamber. Staying alive for long durations is key in Voidstar.

Nice dude, you're my favorite Vanguard to watch. Make more videos! By the way, what do you think about assault plastique? How come you don't use it? I've heard it does some impressive damage.

Too high in the assault tree to get with my hybrid build. :(

I would love to hear your aproach to PVE. Rotations/skillset?

Just became a fan. nice work!

Oh man, I'm sorry. I do PvE approximately never when I don't have to. However, I would definitely go with a build that emphasizes ammo regen if I was a PvE guy. :)

Edited by Raggok

Cool Video dude, but i don't trust the damage you can make with this spec, way to reliable on proc and very consuming ammo.

Please make another video vs 50 with your 50/stuff spec and please, select the target, the guys in the video was brainless.

Edited by DaBadVoodoo

I have a powertech and although it is the mirror class of this, I still have some problems following you at your videos with the skill names. Is there any difference between the mirror classes?

P.S. Really nice videos. Thank you.

Edit: Grenades are from the crew skill?

Edited by Rayaleith

Hey, I replied to your PM.

Grenades are from Cybertech. The only benefit from Cybertech is that at max skill you can make a grenade that is not consumed. That way you don't have to keep on making them.

HOWEVER, you can just use the low level grenades if you like. I'm using the seismic grenades for the knockdown. The damage is not meaningful.

So, it's best to go bio and just have an alt feed you grenades for the knockdown since making low level grenades is so cheap. Wish I had known this before I invested time into the crew skills. I did not play beta, so I didn't know you would be gimping yourself for PvP if you did not do biochem.

The positive thing, I guess.. is that now you know that my fights aren't tainted by OP consumables. :p

Do you use guard/taunt at all? I think I saw you use taunt, but not sure if guard. Sorry if you mention it in one of your videos, cant remember if I saw that mentioned or not.

Great videos, by the way :)

I never use Guard, I should take it off of my hotbar. I run as Plasma Cell, and never run as Ion Cell. It takes 1.5 seconds to change stances and I seriously gimp myself if I do switch stances.

I use both the single target and the AoE taunts quite a lot.

Now that you are 50, which PVP gear set are you going for?

Supercommando - tank

Combat tech - both 2 piece and 4 piece bonuses suit Vanguards

Eliminator - 2 set doesn't work but the 4 set is a bonus to HIB

Eliminator does have higher endurance then Combat tech even if the 2 set dose nothing for vanguards.

i would love your videos for the fact alone that they are 21-29 or 35-49 rather than lvl50 in full champ molesting level 12s.

you can see so much better how a class faires before beeing completely decked out.

but i also like the vids for you going without a healer, for you showing fights against higher and lower players as yourself and i also think your commentary is really helpfull !

the editing smoth and calm and the music choices are to my likings.

i think there is much less epeenery than other vids and more education.

tnx and keep going mate !

Really enjoyed this.

Coming from warhammeronline and wow to this game have been a blast.

Told myself..never another MMO:-)

Started as a commando, got into my first pvp match and realized that, it simply wont fly.

Im leveling a vanguard now and its fun and I feel as I picked the class that suits me well.

Vanguards are strong with some really nice tactics up their sleeve, and the synergy between tactics and assault is really strong.

Nice videos mate, enjoyed them and they learned me some nice skills and above all some map knowledge.

But most importantly, I feel that assault/tactics might be a great move.

I have been focusing on shield spec to get Storm, which I do feel is great, but other then that, the shield spec is not great for pvp due to how shields works in there.

Looking forward to respec and try some assault and tactics.

Keep them flowing

i would love your videos for the fact alone that they are 21-29 or 35-49 rather than lvl50 in full champ molesting level 12s.

you can see so much better how a class faires before beeing completely decked out.

but i also like the vids for you going without a healer, for you showing fights against higher and lower players as yourself and i also think your commentary is really helpfull !

the editing smoth and calm and the music choices are to my likings.

i think there is much less epeenery than other vids and more education.

tnx and keep going mate !

Thanks, although I will put some footage up eventually of me duoing with my scoundrel friend.

Now that I'm 50, I'll always make sure fights have at least one 50 in them and that they have gear comprable to mine by checking their HP.