Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

Again, this occurred due to infinite resources, which healers do not have anymore. They fixed this, but further changes weren't needed. Especially the alacrity buff to deliverance change. Honestly TTK is lowered from several things. BioWare's too scared to come out and say why. Either because they don't know, or they just don't care about their community.

They don't know. And if some divine, infinite being could settle the bet, I would bet lots and lots of money that they just don't know.

It shouldn't have happened. If you just look at the math, it really shouldn't have. But this just shows why you need to do actual testing, and not just rely on your spreadsheets.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of those people are the same guys who like the TTK as it is now. Personaly, I'd suggest they stick to their FPS games. MMO pvp should be about skill, not queuing high dmg abilities.

Bioware fps games. Man clearly doesn't know bioware very well. I am also curious about the OP original post. Its important for strategy these days. Note I hate the current TTK as it is atm. I love the long drawn out fights. Is this intended? Should I get used to it?

Wow, look at all the crying...lol

Grow up kid. Adults are trying to talk.

I've seen you putting people down like this in many threads. Not only is it unnecessary, it provides no value other than to show us what an idiot you are.

Your post tells me that you were the one face rolling and couldnt understand how to use interrupts to shut sorcerer healers down. Sadly BW listened to you and other horrible players like you.

You're calling me bad, but you're the one QQ'ing that the game is too hard. Ironic.

I've seen you putting people down like this in many threads. Not only is it unnecessary, it provides no value other than to show us what an idiot you are.

lol...Adults, that’s a good one.

There is no talking going on here, just a lot of temper tantrums being thrown. People need to man up, adapt, get better, phrase it how you want. Now that healing isn’t unbalanced all those who skated their way through warzones are finding out they aren’t really as good as they thought they were and the first thing they do is come here to cry. Yes, I belittle them for it…it’s well deserved derision.

You realize equal gear stacks equally? Theres absolutely no reason to wait until people are geared in WH. All you need is two equally geared people and youll notice a healer will never survive and equal dps. Having both move to WH gear makes no difference.

The more expertise, the more that healing gets buffed. This is a simple fact. So yes, war hero gear will help healers.

It does provide value to them. A narcissist needs constant reinforcement from his or her environment. If they don't get it in a natural way they create it by antagonising others. The end result they seek is any response that makes them feel important.

As soon as someone they 'attack' responds to said attack they feel 'egorush' and validation that they are as important as they think they are.

It is really sad and ignoring them is literally the only way to change their behavior.

lol...Adults, that’s a good one.

There is no talking going on here, just a lot of temper tantrums being thrown. People need to man up, adapt, get better, phrase it how you want. Now that healing isn’t unbalanced all those who skated their way through warzones are finding out they aren’t really as good as they thought they were and the first thing they do is come here to cry. Yes, I belittle them for it…it’s well deserved derision.

Man up.

Adapt.

Get better.

I have a few catchy words I like to hurl your way.

Ego.

Narcissim.

Make believe.

You forum warriors crack me up. You really don't have anything better to do than pretend you are a gaming superstar?! I do put heavy emphasis on the word pretend in that last sentence.

Don't expect to get an answer guys. I suggest you start looking at GW2, thats a game that seems to bring pvp to another level.

They also listen to their testers, nice change of things..

And in 4 months people will be saying this very same about GW2. **** it is getting old already....

Another dps that loves 1.2. /stoppresses

I'm a guardian and the changes to my class in 1.2, combined with a dead server, combined with no WPvP are what caused me to unsub. Guardian and PvP pre-1.2 was way better than it is now.

TTK may seem like it was severely reduced because people are still under-geared

The higher the expertise goes, the better healing becomes while DPS stays static. So when everyone finally gets to BM and stops wearing PvE gear in PvP, TTK will increase.

I think alot of healers have also wrongly given up on their class because they feel the nerf was too harsh. This makes for less healers in warzones, more deaths, faster deaths, etc.

Edited by Khoraji

Most of those people are the same guys who like the TTK as it is now. Personaly, I'd suggest they stick to their FPS games. MMO pvp should be about skill, not queuing high dmg abilities.

I haven't actually seen anyone who says they like the new TTK. : o

Obviously not saying they don't exist, but I haven't come across any in my travels in-game or on the forums, though I prolly haven't frequented the right threads.

Obviously not saying they don't exist, but I haven't come across any in my travels in-game or on the forums, though I prolly haven't frequented the right threads.

1.2 has been great. Best patch so far. If you take 30 seconds and look back through this thread you will see others who enjoy the current so-called "TTK".

You havent been reading the forums very much then. Just reading thread titles...

I dont see a problem with the new TTK personally. That is an opinion, just like yours.

The higher the expertise goes, the better healing becomes while DPS stays static. So when everyone finally gets to BM and stops wearing PvE gear in PvP, TTK will increase.

I think alot of healers have also wrongly given up on their class because they feel the nerf was too harsh. This makes for less healers in warzones, more deaths, faster deaths, etc.

HA HA HA HA.. I am in FULL battle master gear and I may as well be NAKED. TTK is ridiculous, end of story.

TTK has not changed for geared players. Read the multiple threads in the PvP forum for math. Example:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=423665

The change in burst right at the release of 1.2 was due to the large buffs in expertise on BM gear while Champion gear didn't change. At the same time the expertise formula changed so that combat would remain the same at the expertise cap. People in Champ noticed a big difference because their expertise was suddenly much lower than people in BM gear - in other words: their survivability was nerfed without the stats on their gear changing.

For those of us in BM gear nothing changed. As everyone gets the easy to acquire BM gear TTK will level out to almost identical to pre 1.2.

TL;DR: TTK was affected for a short while because of the change in gear, not mechanics.

Edited by Edryk

HA HA HA HA.. I am in FULL battle master gear and I may as well be NAKED. TTK is ridiculous, end of story.

I am just not seeing this. I just had a few games last night where my team had less then 2 deaths each...and 1 or 2 games where half the team never died (we had 2 healers).

Maybe I am spoiled because I am a healer, so my team always has at least 1. But I am really not seeing what all the QQ is about. Yes people are dropping faster, but I can still keep people up through 2 DPS for a good while before overheating.