So guys.

DarthMurdek

Myself and others have been subscribing to this game for 2 years now and buying CC coins by the dozen.

Meanwhile we have gotten arenas,GSF,makeb and oricon(also a new illum)

so what is next?

you guys either need to hire a pr guy or fire the one you have because you talk less about what you are doing with the game than the ESO devs.

Well that might be because ESO is in full PR hype mode...

Compare the amount of info from the ESO devs to the amount of info from the SW:TOR devs prior to launch and you'll see that they are at the same level.

Oh, and nicely downplayed on the "stuff we got" bit..

You know full well that we have gotten more than just the few things you listed.

Regardless of what we got so far, most games have been or are being released with much more of what we have now. ESO beta seemed more polished than this game now and so did gw2. Shows the consequences of a bad planned development and release. Bioware is still learning how to manage a mmo. Meanwhile other companies seem to show that they know how to do it already.

Yes they do. Their communication is terrible...but it always has been. This isn't the longest streak we've seen.

The forums reflect their management. When the employees charged with community duties don't care about their own game, the players don't care.

You guys either need to hire a pr guy or fire the one you have because you talk less about what you are doing with the game than the ESO devs.

You know.. if you want to make an apples to apples comparison, it needs to be pre-launch PR vs pre-launch PR.

In which case, SWTOR was much more hyped (by everyone, including players) pre-launch.

Myself and others have been subscribing to this game for 2 years now and buying CC coins by the dozen.

Completely irrelevant to your attack thread directed toward the Bioware team.

Edited by Andryah

Yes they do. Their communication is terrible...but it always has been. This isn't the longest streak we've seen.

The forums reflect their management. When the employees charged with community duties don't care about their own game, the players don't care.

Well at the start of this games life they did communicate but after ranked wz's got dropped a few hours before a patch went live they then stopped communicating and I don't blame them at all.

Then they gave us a summer and a winter roadmap for the past 6-8 months of content , which still hasn't finished.

Now they have given us an insider video telling us that the rakghoul plague is returning mid Jan.

So I'm not really sure what forum you and the OP are reading , it certainly isn't this one.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

With attitudes like this, is it any wonder they don't post more often? The community devs are basically setting themselves up for the worst kind of verbal abuse every time they make a post.

i dont pay a sub for content that leaves afterwards

So recurring event don't 'count' as content? Riiight. So, guess you won't be participating tomorrow, then? That's fine. More for me. Already there have been sparse reports of strange creatures attacking people on Alderaan... I wonder what it could be?

Edited by ghoul_drool

Ill participate if the patch doesnt break the game

reacurring events are all fine and dandy but what is the money going to these days.

i dont expect a new planet or operation every month but how about a "look at what we are making give us your opinions" every once and a while.

With attitudes like this, is it any wonder they don't post more often? The community devs are basically setting themselves up for the worst kind of verbal abuse every time they make a post.

Attitudes? No...mine was an observation...yours is an attitude. I don't expect the Devs to post either - I expect the community team (the people hired to be the faces of Bioware to their customers) to do the posting. Excusing their absence because of the feedback from players they may get, is like hiring a bus driver who's afraid to drive.

It's a corporate thing.

You want to see how to improve and expand a game that had the same core problem TOR had/has (a PC game designed for Console gamers)?

Firaxis did wonders improving and greatly expanding XCOM with their XCOM:Enemy Within expansion. All for a one time cost of $30 (originally, something like $8 on Steam now). All developed with NO monthly sub fee to pay for it.

What did EA do with Sim City? They released a $30 expansion pack to a game that never worked in the first place.