Area Transition Issues

EricMusco

Hmm so 2 more days of not being to play if all goes well I guess. I don't remember everything from before but it does seem this is the worst situation yet where a lot of people are effectively unable to play the game for a full 3 days...if indeed you get the fix on Friday.

I am not sure what to say about this. I am pretty sure you guys are working hard towards a fix so thanks for the hard work, but at the same time this is rather a set back on what I was hoping for. Not one of the game's finest moments I fear.

If it fixes the issues then it'll be worth it. I know it might not seem ideal but that's just life.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric

Was a rollback considered at all Eric?

If it fixes the issues then it'll be worth it. I know it might not seem ideal but that's just life.

You are right of course and at least I know now so I can adjust my expectations and plan other things for the next two days. :rolleyes:

You are right of course and at least I know now so I can adjust my expectations and plan other things for the next two days. :rolleyes:

Idk if you play on the Harbinger any but when I finally could get on, it seemed normal to me playwise. Of course all I did was open CM stuff and do the slots.

Idk if you play on the Harbinger any but when I finally could get on, it seemed normal to me playwise. Of course all I did was open CM stuff and do the slots.

No I am on the Red Eclipse and so far I still have log in issues and being kicked from the game. I've given up now till they fix it.

And even if I could log in and stay logged in, I am no longer in my guild, the cd's on qt and fleet pass etc are screwed, the GF isn't working and fleet chat is dead from what I could tell for the few minutes the game allowed me to stay in.

So really there's no point in trying anymore until they get this stuff fixed.

No I am on the Red Eclipse and so far I still have log in issues and being kicked from the game. I've given up now till they fix it.

And even if I could log in and stay logged in, I am no longer in my guild, the cd's on qt and fleet pass etc are screwed, the GF isn't working and fleet chat is dead from what I could tell for the few minutes the game allowed me to stay in.

So really there's no point in trying anymore until they get this stuff fixed.

Ah, it seems TRE is getting hit pretty hard by this the most.

I'm just happy that this bug occurred now rather than during the next Double XP Event or something like that.

Sure, but atm it's Bounty Contracts week. They should extend it after the patch that patches the last patch. I really can't be bothered with going to the fleet and such, right now.

I'm just glad I can actually play a relatively normal game while leveling alts, so long I don't change to other areas very often.

Edited by nGAGE

I went to check the game for 15 minutes or so, during lunch hour.

On the Progenitor, everything seemed Fine.

On the Red Eclipse though, bloody hell... My main Sentinel was for three minutes or so guildless, had no access to the CM and was F2P. After those three minutes, it magically auto-resolved without the need of a relog.

One thing is for sure: Until all is well, I shan't relog onto the Red Eclipse again.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Stuff happens but BW needs to take a look at how it does these things. Having gamebreaking issues live for half a week isn't going to fly in the long run. Patch day they should have been on their toes and we should have had a rollback to pre 2.8 as soon as the issues came up.

As it stands if you want to do anything else other than the damn slot machines you're in for a frustrating time at best.

There are games that actually work competing for peoples time.

Well at least the World Cup is starting today, I have that to look forward to.

Also, I reinstalled Skyrim. I probably know the layout of every vanilla dungeon in there by heart but it's still miles better than wasting hours trying to move from one spot to the next.

Btw, I expect a refund of the days I haven't been able to play. Already 3 days of downtime, that's 10% of a monthly fee. Cartel coins are fine, cause you're never going to refund real money anyway, BW.

P.S.: I'd like to report a bug in the mechanism that keeps making me put in that "one-time password". It does NOT work properly, I'm using the same computer every time with the same internet and it still keeps asking me to input that damn password whenever I like to post on forums and half the times I log in the game.

No issues with 2.8 until this morning.. I was just on 30 minutes before with no issues at all - now I get about 50% chance of an empty server list and if it does populate and show servers and then characters, I get kicked within seconds from the character selection screen, and if I actually get loaded in quickly to a planet with a character, I get kicked immediately after.

Hey folks,

Quick update: As it stands right now we have isolated what we believe is the root cause of the issue and are working on getting a fix in place. Our current target is to have a maintenance early Friday morning where we will deploy a patch which should address the issue. Just to reiterate, this is our target and it is not set in stone. We still need to get the fix in place and tested.

As I have updates I will pass them on, especially around timing. Once I know for sure whether or not it will be Friday I will pass that on!

-eric

Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, it comes a bit too late and doesn't say much. The problem started on Tuesday and it has been two days without anything relevant from you guys. There was very little communication and no relevant communication. Worse is that the news you deliver is: we will fix it tomorrow... maybe. People are paying for a service, they deserve better than that. Also considering that this attitude of the devs disappearing from the face of the planet every time (and there has been way too many) something goes terribly wrong is just not acceptable. The word incompetence comes to mind but I'll settle for lack of professionalism.

With so much competition out there, the only thing you still have with a good name on your product is the "Star Wars" part, which will keep a lot of people here but will certainly cause an exodus of players to other games. This brings me back the early days of the game when due to constant "technical difficulties" the game went from being over populated to having servers completely desert. /sigh The good old days from 20 people on the fleet at peak hours.

Hold on to those players that still want to play this and learn from past mistakes. You might still have a chance to save this game. Then again, perhaps not. Time will tell.

There's no doubt in my mind that the event is putting too much pressure on the most populated servers. I have no problems (the obvious bugs - such as fleet pass CD aside - ) during the off-hours but at peak times, like now, it's unplayable. It would also explain why less crowded servers, such as TOFN, experience less issues.

This is how messed up it is on TRE at the moment, I try to queue for warzones and nothing happens. I sign out the character and in again and then I'm suddenly queued, as if the the queue command lingered for a minute or so.

Future reference, don't ever release a new pack with a big patch again. A big part of the packs is the ability to get some money back on the things you don't want to keep. With a patch - and the increased risk of bugs/problems like the current ones - you're ultimately taking players out of the economy. This is not the first time this has happened. It would be even worse if you had to do a rollback and the packs don't have their own system, which I sincerely hope they do. Just imagine what would happen if people with three hypercrates had to open those packs again and potentially lost a good deal of rare drops from the first time around. It could go the other way around too but why risk it?

Edited by MidichIorian

There's no doubt in my mind that the event is putting too much pressure on the most populated servers. I have no problems (the obvious bugs - such as fleet pass CD aside - ) during the off-hours but at peak times, like now, it's unplayable. It would also explain why less crowded servers, such as TOFN, experience less issues.

This is how messed up it is on TRE at the moment, I try to queue for warzones and nothing happens. I sign out the character and in again and then I'm suddenly queued, as if the the queue command lingered for a minute or so.

Seriously, I have given up. I'm on the same server and I can't even bring myself to even try to log in anymore. I'll just get kicked from the server within mins again like yesterday, after trying to log in 5 times and can start over again.

Once I see everything's fixed then I'll try again. Sadly that won't be before tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply but, unfortunately, it comes a bit too late and doesn't say much. The problem started on Tuesday and it has been two days without anything relevant from you guys. There was very little communication and no relevant communication. Worse is that the news you deliver is: we will fix it tomorrow... maybe. People are paying for a service, they deserve better than that. Also considering that this attitude of the devs disappearing from the face of the planet every time (and there has been way too many) something goes terribly wrong is just not acceptable. The word incompetence comes to mind but I'll settle for lack of professionalism.

I totally agree with this, Sony Online Entertainment (EQ) and Blizzard (WoW) would most likely have made a rollback within hours after the patch so they could get time to work on fixing the problem without causing any further frustrations on to their customers. One thing i can say for sure is that they would definately have taken the servers down once they learned of the issues ppl are experiencing in order to fix it within hours and not days. Thats one reason how these 2 games have managed to run for so many years now.

However i hold on to what i said earlier about this not being the first time in the history of MMORPG something like this happened and im pretty sure it wont be the last either, wether its Bioware or some other company it will happen again.

I totally agree with this, Sony Online Entertainment (EQ) and Blizzard (WoW) would most likely have made a rollback within hours after the patch so they could get time to work on fixing the problem without causing any further frustrations on to their customers. One thing i can say for sure is that they would definately have taken the servers down once they learned of the issues ppl are experiencing in order to fix it within hours and not days. Thats one reason how these 2 games have managed to run for so many years now.

However i hold on to what i said earlier about this not being the first time in the history of MMORPG something like this happened and im pretty sure it wont be the last either, wether its Bioware or some other company it will happen again.

Are you not counting SOE's 24 day outage? And let's not forget the Corrupted Blood incident in WoW. Neither are the perfect Utopia you imply.

Games have bugs, MMOs have outages, and patches break things. It happens to every game. Should they be doing their best to limit this kind of thing? Yes. Are they busting their asses to try and resolve it? I'm sure they are.

People have a right to be annoyed by the bug, don't get me wrong, but they need to keep it in perspective. I'm not happy with the current situation either, but that's not reason enough to come in here in full nerd-rage mode declaring the end of times and decrying Bioware as the maker of all things evil.

It's a game. A fun game we all pay for and play, and would like to be full working again. We just a need a bit of patience.