Returning player and Fury

ImecOlom

Hi all,

I am a returning player from launch and have a few different classes up around 20-30ish, but my Mara is the most fun to play for me. I have entered a few warzones and done ok, ~75k-140k damage and about 8 medals. I see that people are now rocking out like 12 medals each match.

My problem is Fury. I am rage specced at level 22 right now, but am thinking of switching to carnage today to try it out, as I don't really like the bleed stuff for anni. I can't seem to ever notice when Berserk is up and use it in a match. Does it really make a difference? I seem to be ok without it and frankly coming from GW2, I am totally overwhelmed with buttons lol.

Can anyone give me an answer to Fury and what is the fewest button rotation to use with which build? Basically, I am looking for a low button/skill Mara to focus on while easing back into the game a bit. Thanks!

Edited by ImecOlom

Hi all,

I am a returning player from launch and have a few different classes up around 20-30ish, but my Mara is the most fun to play for me. I have entered a few warzones and done ok, ~75k-140k damage and about 8 medals. I see that people are now rocking out like 12 medals each match.

My problem is Fury. I am rage specced at level 22 right now, but am thinking of switching to carnage today to try it out, as I don't really like the bleed stuff for anni. I can't seem to ever notice when Berserk is up and use it in a match. Does it really make a difference? I seem to be ok without it and frankly coming from GW2, I am totally overwhelmed with buttons lol.

Can anyone give me an answer to Fury and what is the fewest button rotation to use with which build? Basically, I am looking for a low button/skill Mara to focus on while easing back into the game a bit. Thanks!

Unfortunately, there's not really a simple cut-and-dry answer, and there's no Marauder build that doesn't make heavy use of Fury.

All 3 specs benefit in a big way from making use of Fury regularly.

Annihilation gains auto-crits and self heals from bleeds, so you want Berserk up as much as possible.

Carnage gains additional burst, and later on a fantastic movement speed boost from Predation (80% versus the standard 50%), so you're not necessarily using Fury as soon as you have it, but you're not holding it for long either, and need to be strategic about utilizing the resource.

Rage winds up using Fury as one of its main Shockwave generators to power Smash, so you're using Berserk very often.

Also, no Marauder spec really plays like "Marauder" until at least 30, sometimes as high as 40. In the 20s you're basically just using what's available to you (a lot of Vicious Slash, namely).

Thanks for the reply. I will try to keep an eye on it but when I'm pvping I just never think to look for it and im usually dead before I get to 30 stacks anyway. For now, I am just trying to do Carnage and see if I can get comfortable with all the keybinds. This game is so keybind heavy its crazy.

This sounds like something that some interface editing can solve easily. Especially if you haven't played for a long time. Increase the size of your portrait/health bar to max, and there's no way you will miss when fury hits 30 stacks. I tend to use it at cd unless I know something big is coming soon that I need it for. I certainly agree with the first responder, Marauder's are like scotch, fun in the early stage's, smooth and potent when fully aged.

Ok, I fiddled with my keybinds and went carnage spec. Seems to work well in both pve and pvp so far. I'm getting about 5-7 medals and 75-120k damage or so in pvp. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the skill Gore. Besides having what seems like plenty of skills already, Gore doesn't seem to be that great. Can someone explain Gore to me and why it is good? As of now, I have just specced around it...NVM, started a new thread for Gore, unless you want to post here anyway. Edited by ImecOlom