Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

CourtneyWoods

I'm curious as to why BioWare would bother making this post AFTER seeing the community's negative backlash at no in-game holiday event. Did they expect a positive response in this thread?

Um what celebration? Its a cash shop event.

BioWare could have made it so that claims like the above quote didn't ring quite so true. They could have given us an in-game event, even a very small event would have been enough. But they gave us nothing, and no one is about to "celebrate" BioWare putting items in the cash shop.

I mean, they do realize putting "Christmas" items into a cash shop in the first place defies the entire meaning of Christmas, don't they? ...That it looks like they are charging us... for Christmas gifts... right? They realize that it looks like they are looking for any excuse to milk their cash shop some more, right?

Sorry, BioWare, I don't have a celebratory screenshot. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the "take screenshot" ability showed up as a cartel shop unlock.

-Macheath.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of utter crap,the worst ingame fireworks..ever,no anniversary or seasonal events,then you put the 'holiday celebration' stuff in the cash shop,complete fail.

And don't get me started on that retarded piece of filth of a xmas speeder,OMG what idiot signed off on this rubbish.

The fact that you guys in the office thought ''This is great! they'll love it!'' really really scares me.

Unsubbed,gunna do LOTRO for some Xmas fun,then off back to the SWG EMU with some friends,tried this in closed Beta, wernt sure then,thought I'd return to give it another chance,nope,nice try,but not good enough.

This WAS your NGE bioware,I bet SOE are laughing their asses off.

This thread summed up as a comedic/tragic exchange:

"Congratulations on graduating High School, Timmy!"

Timmy: "I couldn't have done it without all of your support!"

"I don't know why we are here, the damn kid isn't even a doctor yet. We should throw him to the wolves. Get a better kid"

*awkward silence*

Edited by AboB

In my opinion, I think that they could've done so much more for a one year anniversary than this. On Hoth, they could have had Christmas trees in the bases with faction colored lights or references, or christmas lights and decorations in the fleets, and the list goes on. i would have loved to see that. Fireworks are nice but I think they could have put more effort into the event., a lot more effort.

The fact that all of the Life Day stuff is in the cash shop is just a disgusting money grab.

If these were quest rewards I tell you the player base would be loving you right now but the fact that the full life day pack is $20.......seriously? At what point did you actually think this was a good idea? Has the head of marketing suffered a serious head injury recently?

I am surprised that Bioware allows so much hate and negativity against them on their own forums. Constructive criticism is one thing, what I'm reading here... well, nevermind.

Anyway, happy birthday SWTOR, I will try to take a screenshot with my guild and try to post it.

Edited by Lord_Erman

In anticipation of the 1st Anniversary for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ on December 20th, we’ve gifted all members of our community with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST, 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Thank you for your support this year!

Send Us Your 1st Anniversary In-Game Celebration Screenshots!

Between now and January 2, 11:59PM CST, send us screenshots of your best 1st Anniversary celebration moments for a chance to be featured on The Old Republic™ official website and Facebook page.

Read More

Ohh... nice idea =)

Well, one year of SWTOR and it has been a really good one for me at least :D

This the first MMO that I really fell for, I came for the stories and ended up enjoying myself so much that I stayed. Started gaming during early access, lvl:ed up to 50 together with my husband and a friend. It wasn't until I started lvl:ing my second character that we found the guild which we are still playing with. That let me experience Karagga's Palace, SOA, Denova and Terror from Beyond. Never thought that I would enjoy Operations this much. Getting together with my guildies, going over videos for good tactics, having fun together over vent. It has been a really good way to spend time together with the guild, and is a nice complement to solo-playing the newest alt. Even tried a little PvP, it will never be my main focus while playing but together with a group of friends it can be pretty fun.

Thank you for the things I have enjoyed spending time with during this year. The story for Jedi Knight and Smuggler have been very fun to play through, and I have enjoyed it immensely. Currently lvl:ing a Sith Warrior also has a good story, can't wait to see how it ends up. The companions and story for my characters have been of great importance to me so I really look forward to having that continued one day. In the meantime I will continue to lvl alts and spend time with the guildies. I play SWTOR pretty much daily and am very happy to have it. It has been a great year, will see if I can come up with some fun screenshot.

Wow I never expected such a backlash at Bioware. Sure this Cartel Christmas sucks but this is just lol. Will any notice be taken? Hmmm....

Just as an example SWTOR gives you 25 fireworks for it's first aniversay,

Warhammer Online gave players:

Warhammer Online's One Year Anniversary Celebration includes:

New Wild Hunt Live Event and instanced dungeon, The Hunter's Vale, accessible from Elven RvR areas, takes place on Warhammer Online from August 31 – September 7 where groups of six players will battle against the ultimate quarry

Rare items found in Wild Hunt include the Hartsblood Draft, the mystic Bleeding Hart Charm and the Fleet Stag Mantle, a rare cloak made from the skin of his sacred deer that transforms players into a mighty stag, with the ability to travel at the same speed as mounts

Following the Wild Hunt live event, limited weekend-only events are planned with special versions of the Mourkain Temple (September 11-14), Gates of Ekrund (September 18-21) and Temple of Isha (September 25-28) scenarios

During the month of September, players will receive a 20% experience and renown bonus, special in-game items, veteran rewards, fireworks, exploding stout and much more

Celebrate the anniversary with honor, hone your weapons, and sharpen your aim – but, most importantly, offer proper respect to the God of the Hunt! Find out more about the Wild Hunt Live Event and the one year anniversary celebration of WAR at http://www.warhammeronline.com.

Post a +1if they should instantly remove the life day pack as a overpriced purchasable pack and re sub it as a reward to all subscribers for supporting bioware/ea through there cataclysmic game decisions.

Go on bio scrooge lets see if you really care about the people who pay your wages HO HO HO :eek:

Post a +1if they should instantly remove the life day pack as a overpriced purchasable pack and re sub it as a reward to all subscribers for supporting bioware/ea through there cataclysmic game decisions.

Go on bio scrooge lets see if you really care about the people who pay your wages HO HO HO :eek:

No thanks. I don't need that stuff wasting inventory space. I, for one, am perfectly happy not to have received these items. I certainly won't be spending any money on them. This is exactly the sort of thing that needs to go to the CM. Stuff that most people don't want but a few people will be willing to pony up for.

Funny thing is, most people would complain at the quality of the items if they were given to us. But now since they weren't free, people complain that they cost money. There is no way to win here.

Just as an example SWTOR gives you 25 fireworks for it's first aniversay,

Warhammer Online gave players:

Wow. Looking at WAR gave its players, the whole fireworks thing from BioWare is really bad. And you can't say WAR was in much better shape then TOR was. It was bleeding subs after a year too if I remember correctly.

Wow!!

This is an amazing thread. The first positive post to address the thread's subject is response #68!

What an eye-opener. I knew there was hostility and resentment, but I had no idea the bitterness was this deep.

I wonder if Bioware is as shocked as I am? Wonder how BW will react?

Time for new strategy.

No thanks. I don't need that stuff wasting inventory space. I, for one, am perfectly happy not to have received these items. I certainly won't be spending any money on them. This is exactly the sort of thing that needs to go to the CM. .

An in game mail with attchments can be deleted, you miss the point its the sentiment behind the cost and quality of the items and the context they are used within game and season, its a missed oppertunity. :rolleyes:

An in game mail with attchments can be deleted, you miss the point its the sentiment behind the cost and quality of the items and the context they are used within game and season, its a missed oppertunity. :rolleyes:

That guy likely was happy with Bioscam all along and will refuse to see what the rest of us are upset over

My first year of SWTOR was looking really good till a poorly thought out cartel shop made me realize that being a subscriber was not going to be worth it (you can by ship upgrades that directly lead to end game raiding gear) and things that should be in game as playable achieved content through playing the game (Life Day gear) is being made to have a price tag on it. No option to play the game and get it for a cost of credits or time plus that $15 a month gamers are shelling out.

I even get there needs to be things in the cartel shop but BW put everything in the shop. It's a little disappointing.

Edited by Quraswren