*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

EricMusco

A'right, cool. :) Thanks, Eric, for the heads-up! And thank you for taking the time to make sure the launch of 5.4 is as bug-free as possible.

To everybody complaining: Guys, really, if they *had* released it tomorrow - or today - with giant bugs all throughout, you would've been complaining about the poor quality of the patch. Instead they delay it so they can work like insanity on fixing these bugs, and you complain that it's delayed.

...oi. *facepalm*

And as for "well why didn't they spot this bug sooner"... I don't know much about the world of coding and games, but I *do* know: this, like all technology, is not perfect. This is also a very strange game engine they're working off of, and it gets its little tech-pants in a bunch at completely random times for completely random reasons. Stuff happens.

For those blowing smoke up our behinds: "guys, really, if they *had*" properly worked on fixing bugs in this game, listening to players making bug reports, and actually cared about doing more than pushing cartel coin sales, this wouldn't be an issue.

There are bugs in this game from BETA that haven't been even lazily acknowledged by EA, let alone looked at. Don't give them a pass for laziness.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those blowing smoke up our behinds: "guys, really, if they *had*" properly worked on fixing bugs in this game, listening to players making bug reports, and actually cared about doing more than pushing cartel coin sales, this wouldn't be an issue.

There are bugs in this game from BETA that haven't been even lazily acknowledged by EA, let alone looked at. Don't give them a pass for laziness.

We all know they don't have the manpower anymore to do so.

Otherwise rest assured those bugs would have been nailed and the new ones like the gear preview window would have been fixed 6 months ago.

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

-eric

Thx for the update and has having been there I know whatever great testing you do shi* happends.

That being said, to be totally honest, the communication and the lack of change based on player feedback really sucked lately.

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric

I know it had to be delayed but this is going to eat up raid time for our APAC team that runs on certain days to 'avoid' losing time for your maintenance, and we already have been suffering whatever adjustments and issues have been occurring during APAC prime time, i.e. weird lag spikes where you can do nothing for ten seconds/ability wise. I mean, I had a lockout on two healers last week for HM SnV- last one was raid team (our clear so yay!), first was a raiding guild where we lost an hour waiting for the lag to stop because we were lagging out mid HM Styrak pull, one after another.

"Unable to retrieve patch data." and then if I try to exit, it says I'm currently patching...

I had the same problem. It turned out it was the launcher -- it wasn't updated yet. (I was one with certificate problem and the workaround.)

Someone also suggested deleting Bitraider folder as a fix to that.

I had the same problem. It turned out it was the launcher -- it wasn't updated yet. (I was one with certificate problem and the workaround.)

Someone also suggested deleting Bitraider folder as a fix to that.

Thank you, it seems to be a launcher problem. I was using the old one. I don't have BitRaider, so it probably isn't that. It appears to be patching now, hopefully I can go back to the old launcher (the new one is too damn ugly.)

Well it looks like while the log out in a safe zone was fixed for the Mannaan stronghold, it still plays the opening video every time I go to the SH. When will the rest of the issues with this SH get fixed? Are you going to keep ignoring the rest of the problems with this SH? Glad to see that you're more concerned about getting a new SH out than fixing the problems of the one that came out last time.

To be more considerate of other ongoing activities and schedules, please put off 5.4 until an hour after the next scheduled reset (8/28/17, 0900 EDT) and either move forward or reschedule for the next week as needed.

Just because it doesn't fit your schedule? Others may want it to go live as soon as it's ready, whenever that may be. No point in delaying it further unless it is required for bug fixes.

I believe the proof is now in the pudding...

Conquest wipe?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=930669

"Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (206)"

I've tried everything I've come across, I'm also one whose has the certificate issue. And reinstalling the game is somewhat out of the question. If anyone has a suggestion on a fix, be prepared for a detailed walkthrough! Any help will be appreciated!! And I'm running Vista still.

I've disabled my anti-virus and firewall completely. I've also tried flushing DNS, and even tried changing my DNS. Everything else works, but my client won't download or can't find the new patch to download it.

Edited by BBBeastBoy
Started a new thread for help.

"Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (206)"

I've tried everything I've come across, I'm also one whose has the certificate issue. And reinstalling the game is somewhat out of the question. If anyone has a suggestion on a fix, be prepared for a detailed walkthrough! Any help will be appreciated!! And I'm running Vista still.

Did you let your launcher update as instructed in that post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9381980#post9381980 ?

It's a guess, but it's possible the game can't patch, if it's running the launcher that is not the newest version.