Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

Lium

Because it is gotten so bad that people are joking about it in ops chat. Seriously. Huttball is almost always 6-0 or 5-1. ACW and NC are frequently three caps. And Voidstar...actually...Voidstar isn't too bad. I'm probably about 50/50 in VS. But the rest are just massacres.

Republic is baaaaaaaaad. So, I'm genuinely curious. Do you guys even try? Because it's worse at 50 than it was sub-50.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is pretty bad. Like, the two factions on this server are not even close. Republic has a good guild here and there with good players, but by and large even Republic premades are beaten by mediocre Imperial pugs. Now I have very well geared characters on both sides and, while I mainly play Republic, have played a bit of Imperial too, and I've tried to see what the difference is.

I really can't see exactly what it is. When I am on the Imperial side, we simply survive longer and the other team dies more quickly... It doesn't *feel* like we're doing anything all that different. Heck, I have even seen more basic mistakes like fighting off node and things like that on the Imperial side.

The only things I have noticed may sound stupid .

First, the imperials seem to have more CC going on. The only explanation I can make of this would be that Imperials have more of those heavy CC classes - Warriors and Sorcs with bubble.

Speaking of the Bubble, I do find there to be far more sorcs than sages, and the amount of damage mitigation that that bubble provides is absolutely insane and game-changing.

Finally, I think the empire tends to have more DPS classes/specs whereas the Republic have more tankiness. There are a lot of Shadows on the Republic side, which for all their good DPS to survivability ratio just can't burn targets down nearly as quickly as marauders or juggernauts, which the empire has a lot more of than sentinels and Guardians. If you ever doubt the discrepancy in this one class, think about how often imperial teams are able to start huttball matches with predation versus Republic with transcendance.

Are these things the only difference? No, I don't think so, though they may be making some difference. As a whole, though,

I agree that the avg pub team is worse than the avg imp team. It's pretty sad actually. Although it's extremely frustrating at times, the problem is easily solved.

Make friends.

The better pvpers on pub side need to find each other and start forming premades. You don't even have to be guilded, just grp up for regz. I've noticed imps run alot more premades than pubs. It's like the strong imp players want to grp up with other strong players and dominate, while pubs want to compete amongst themselves, therefore getting destroyed in wzs. It's not uncommon to see a double-premade on imp side(which imo should never lose), but think about how often you see that on pub side. Because the majority of pub teams are filled with solo-queue'ers, it's usually tough to get the entire team on the same page as far as playing the objectives.

Bottom line, whether you're on imp side or pub side, there's always gonna be some required carrying. It's just alot easier to carry when you have 3 others helping. Start grping! :p

...The better pvpers on pub side need to find each other and start forming premades. You don't even have to be guilded, just grp up for regz. I've noticed imps run alot more premades than pubs. It's like the strong imp players want to grp up with other strong players and dominate, while pubs want to compete amongst themselves, therefore getting destroyed in wzs.

The above quote adds to my below points & is a smart suggestion to Republic players.

Imo it is a matter of numbers in the sense that imps out number pubs 3:1. So for example if you have a sports team, an academic team, a debate team, etc & you had 3 times as many people to pull from you have a strong advantage. Organization & communication are huge in PvP & since imp side has approximately 3 times as many guilds/players their community has more action/organization/communication etc.

As stated above Republic loses more WZs & people especially pugs tend to become frustrated, sad, annoyed etc which adds to more loses.

When we run a 4 person guild group we generally win 70-75% of the time due to half the group being organized in vent/mumble communication & we are all geared well.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents & have a good one.

Edited by StoneWillJedi

Because it is gotten so bad that people are joking about it in ops chat. Seriously. Huttball is almost always 6-0 or 5-1. ACW and NC are frequently three caps. And Voidstar...actually...Voidstar isn't too bad. I'm probably about 50/50 in VS. But the rest are just massacres.

Republic is baaaaaaaaad. So, I'm genuinely curious. Do you guys even try? Because it's worse at 50 than it was sub-50.

Keep in mind, you are part of those three caps. Everyone thinks they are good players and it is everyone else's fault, that usually isn't the case. When I premade warzones, I'd say I win 95% of the time, when I pug, it is 50/50. (I exclude warzones I hope into that I am losing because someone left, those aren't my warzones, those are someone elses, chalk that up to obamanomics).

I agree that the avg pub team is worse than the avg imp team. It's pretty sad actually. Although it's extremely frustrating at times, the problem is easily solved.

Make friends.

The better pvpers on pub side need to find each other and start forming premades. You don't even have to be guilded, just grp up for regz. I've noticed imps run alot more premades than pubs. It's like the strong imp players want to grp up with other strong players and dominate, while pubs want to compete amongst themselves, therefore getting destroyed in wzs. It's not uncommon to see a double-premade on imp side(which imo should never lose), but think about how often you see that on pub side. Because the majority of pub teams are filled with solo-queue'ers, it's usually tough to get the entire team on the same page as far as playing the objectives.

Bottom line, whether you're on imp side or pub side, there's always gonna be some required carrying. It's just alot easier to carry when you have 3 others helping. Start grping! :p

It isn't that. I see a lot of sages on the republic side, I see a lot of smash mara/juggernauts on the imperial side... One is much more derp than the other. You need very little skill to play this game well and even less with mara/jugg smash. People can hide the fact that they are stroke victims with mara/jugg smash.

You can only do so much. I dont know how many times i have been at a node called out incoming and no one came, got rocked by a mara and 2 assasins. You also cant make a pug call out incoming. Then you have the fact that unless you bring your own heals into wzs there typically are none. You cant win without any heals. PvP is about situational awareness more than gear. Does gear help? Yeah, but that gear wont watch a door, or click on a node, or target the healer. Pubs have a bad case of tunnelvision. I fall to from time to time, it happens. However, everyone needs to learn from their mistakes. So untill the pubs get more pvp heals, learn to target enemy heals, play the objectives and not TDM, sit back and enjoy the steamroll.

EDIT: I still give it 100% I dont give up. I will do everything i can to try and help/carry a team. There is only so much anyone can do. My Team does quite well, I am not saying we win everyone of them. You are only as strong as your weakest pug.

Edited by Kahndraga

I really can't see exactly what it is. The only things I have noticed may sound stupid .

Your points are valid, but to sum it up: republic players play bad classes and/or bad specs. On numerous occasions I see 3 VGs in a group running shield spec or I see 3-4 commandos or 3-4 sages in a group. In general republic doesn't know how to deeps and peel/CC.

Your points are valid, but to sum it up: republic players play bad classes and/or bad specs. On numerous occasions I see 3 VGs in a group running shield spec or I see 3-4 commandos or 3-4 sages in a group. In general republic doesn't know how to deeps and peel/CC.

I can't argue with this... I don't think there is a skill issue between the two, republic has just now gotten to january of 2012 fotm status...

Hey guys,

I rarely ever visit these forums and don't usually want to respond to accusatory threads like this, but I will say there are some PvP guilds out there on Republic side that certainly care. My hope is that with the upcoming Guild Meet and Greet, and the Guild Leader Summit that we will be leading on December 7th, Pax can build those friendships and alliances to make PvP more competitive, as well as get to know some Sith guilds to build up communication and competition as well.

Almost every match I have to remind people to leave 2 people guarding a node if we have 2 nodes, that we only need 1 guarding a node if we have 1 node, and to call the number of incoming enemies, not just "inc west." The last one seems to piss people off the most, even if I say something like "call two west rather than inc west, it's the same number of characters to type," they don't seem to grasp that without a number it's hard to not overcommit our defenders. Then, after the person does call the number of enemies, the team has to be reminded not to overcommit defenders! Guy at west calls inc 1? Better send 5 guys up there.

The fact that people don't know basic strategy by the time they reach the 50 bracket saddens me. Maybe we need more people in lowbies teaching them the tricks.

Another problem is when you do WZs with pugs a lot of them prefer to just run around trying to kill people & increase their kill stats & dps stats that they see at the end. Also if they are a pug they tend not to care what other people think/say or they would probably be in a guild by level 50. This is not true for all un-guilded 50s but it is true for some. Also it seems some people don't even read chat which confuses me on why they are playing an MMO. Cause in MMOs you gotta work with our people hence "Mass Multi-Player"

Lastly part of the problem is explained in the below very common sayings:

1.) Good help is hard to find in almost any facet of life.

2.) The only problem with common sense = it is not very common.

Edited by StoneWillJedi

Another problem is when you do WZs with pugs a lot of them prefer to just run around trying to kill people & increase their kill stats & dps stats that they see at the end. Also if they are a pug they tend not to care what other people think/say or they would probably be in a guild by level 50. This is not true for all un-guilded 50s but it is true for some. Also it seems some people don't even read chat which confuses me on why they are playing an MMO. Cause in MMOs you gotta work with our people hence "Mass Multi-Player"

Lastly part of the problem is explained in the below very common sayings:

1.) Good help is hard to find in almost any facet of life.

2.) The only problem with common sense = it is not very common.

If this is the case then its even worse than I thought, because theyre awful at it. In losing wzs I have top pub dmg about 80% of the time on my kinetic shadow - something which should never happen. On my gunslinger its even more common. Yet I never pay attention to anything other than objectives. If theyre trying to boost stats but are getting lower numbers than a guy running around between nodes and trying to play objectives smartly, then what the heck are they doing wrong dps wise?

If this is the case then its even worse than I thought, because theyre awful at it. In losing wzs I have top pub dmg about 80% of the time on my kinetic shadow - something which should never happen. On my gunslinger its even more common. Yet I never pay attention to anything other than objectives. If theyre trying to boost stats but are getting lower numbers than a guy running around between nodes and trying to play objectives smartly, then what the heck are they doing wrong dps wise?

They don't have the gear?

Most pugs do not have a guild giving them tips/tricks to use their skills/abilities correctly. Most people who aren't paying attention to ops chat & who aren't focused on objectives are also probably not very good at choosing the correct sequence of skills/abilities for their class to achieve the best possible DPS.

I think Hywhan suggestion of Republic making friends & grouping together for WZs will help a lot. If the pugs & solo guild runners were grouped in between WZs they could discuss their previous WZs & try to improve their strategy & improve their team coordination for better success in the future.

Pugging is 50/50 like Vic said. there are tons of terrible players on both sides

I would say it is more like 60/40 with Imp having the advantage on straight Pug vs. Pug WZs. Also there is definitely terrible players on both sides but there are more people on Imp side to help improve the terrible players who want to improve.

Keep in mind, you are part of those three caps. Everyone thinks they are good players and it is everyone else's fault, that usually isn't the case. When I premade warzones, I'd say I win 95% of the time, when I pug, it is 50/50. (I exclude warzones I hope into that I am losing because someone left, those aren't my warzones, those are someone elses, chalk that up to obamanomics).

totally agree with you here. i went 13-2 last night with my guild premade and 10-1 the night before. but when i pug the numbers drop dramatically.

so if you think you are good at pvp find others with the same skill or find a good pvp guild to join. if you dont want to do that and solo queue or be in a terrible guild for pvp then i dont feel sorry for you.

There are like 5 people left who give a shlt about pvp and we rolled imp lol.

The game is geared for pve/roleplay not pvp.

Stunwars does not make a good pvp game and we have been playing the same 4 warzones for the better part of a year. Top that with the game not being able to handle world pvp for shlt makes for a bad pvp experience for all but the most stubborn fanbois.

There are like 5 people left who give a shlt about pvp and we rolled imp lol.

The game is geared for pve/roleplay not pvp.

Stunwars does not make a good pvp game and we have been playing the same 4 warzones for the better part of a year. Top that with the game not being able to handle world pvp for shlt makes for a bad pvp experience for all but the most stubborn fanbois.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. I mean, the game which was heralded for so long as the solution to all of these supposed problems turned out to have more CC than Swtor could ever dream of, effectively only one (broken) map design, and world pvp with aw many technical and more design/balance problems than Ilum -in addition to no true open world pvp. In other words, the pvp in this game is pretty dan good as it turns out.

I would say it is more like 60/40 with Imp having the advantage on straight Pug vs. Pug WZs. Also there is definitely terrible players on both sides but there are more people on Imp side to help improve the terrible players who want to improve.

I pug on imp side, it's just as bad. The problem is that you get a lot of same faction Q's and have to play premades from both sides.

I'd say its even more frustrating because you can get fcked two different ways.

imps get carried by their ranked team guilds. nothing else. ;)

I definitely won a lot more warzones lately. it seems like it's all a roll of the dice again. the extremely bad omg I need to quit this warzone because everybody else sucks people rerolled imps and now drag down the imp teams instead of the republic teams ;)

the problem is that there's hardly ever any 'equal' warzones.

I know all you republic folks who hate losing (who doesn't) love to not talk about it: but republic does win too. and usually it's these 'trash the other team' wins, too.

to me, that is not why i do pvp. I don't want to either be steamrolled - or steamroll. I want to get better, I want the match where I have to be on my toes the whole time and need to know what's going on on the entire map... and still win. I don't want to run in, get killed, run in, get killed, run in, get killed ... but I also don't want to run in, stand in the same corner the entire time and heal and win in 2 minutes, either.