X-Wing Alliance Mod for Space Combat

Just received my space craft and i have a suggestion for the developers, mod in the X-wing alliance flight sim.

As it is right now the flight sim in TOR is less than stellar. However i understand the massive task it was to make this game and i am very happy you put the space flight in.

In the future as part of the upgrade scheme please put the X-Wing Alliance flight sim into the game (or one like it)

Lets hear from another person

Thanks

Just received my space craft and i have a suggestion for the developers, mod in the X-wing alliance flight sim.

As it is right now the flight sim in TOR is less than stellar. However i understand the massive task it was to make this game and i am very happy you put the space flight in.

In the future as part of the upgrade scheme please put the X-Wing Alliance flight sim into the game (or one like it)

Lets hear from another person

Thanks

The devs did say they were planing on "expanding space in a big way."

Yeh I'm really keen to see free space flight too - as it is at the moment the space flight feels too arcadey for my liking. But I too understand the effort that has gone into this game thus far and am really liking the ground combat. Improving the space combat down the track would round it out very nicely.....

I had no real problem with flight except that it's way too easy and long/short pending on the mission they can drag on long after I've already 'won'

I spend a lot of time alttabbed because I'm invincible.

That being said, open world flight missions? Possible coop/group content? That'd be amazing.

As others have stated, Bioware has told us there will be improvements to the space combat. As it stands now, its a pretty awesome diversion, and great to pass the time while you're crew-skillin'.

I don't know that I would ever want free-form flight in this game. Definitely not if it was attached to the missions. Everyone points to Galaxies, and some things were great, there, (like modding out your ship, building new ships and such) but throwing on the auto-pilot for 10 minutes while you flew out to an objective was uncool.

Free form flight would be neat, but I would want it executed much differently than the way SOE did it. <shudder> SOE... yuck!

• 2 weeks later...
If you want space fights and free space flying play eve online, if you wanna use a lightsaber ect play swtor! Problem solved!

Eve's space fighting was fun, but just because it was in Eve, doesn't mean it should go away in this game. After all, space combat is part of Star Wars too,

Imho, this game does need space missions. It will be awesome to fly as part of a squadron of whatever type of space craft on group missions and raids...

• 1 year later...

Hey, X-Wing Alliance was an awesome game for it's time. There were player-developed levels where you had to smuggle stuff through areas while enemies attacked. It was really fun. You could even pick up cargo, store it, fly with it, drop it off, etc.

I think what the OP is going for is that free-form flight, mixed with the ability to actually interact with space stations, not just notionally click on them on a map.

XWA also had this cool method of traveling from one zone to another by way of Hyper Buey. You basically couldn't jump to hyperspace until you got to a buey. Made for some really epic fights where you had tons of enemies on you and you had to make it to the buey to get away. That's a dynamic that I really think SWTOR's space program could benefit from.

In the end, I'd love to get on my ship, fly out to space and either hyper to my destination, or run into the surprise attack or run through a blockade to add that edge of not just having a taxi of a ship, but to truly captain one.

Hey, X-Wing Alliance was an awesome game for it's time. There were player-developed levels where you had to smuggle stuff through areas while enemies attacked. It was really fun. You could even pick up cargo, store it, fly with it, drop it off, etc.

I think what the OP is going for is that free-form flight, mixed with the ability to actually interact with space stations, not just notionally click on them on a map.

XWA also had this cool method of traveling from one zone to another by way of Hyper Buey. You basically couldn't jump to hyperspace until you got to a buey. Made for some really epic fights where you had tons of enemies on you and you had to make it to the buey to get away. That's a dynamic that I really think SWTOR's space program could benefit from.

In the end, I'd love to get on my ship, fly out to space and either hyper to my destination, or run into the surprise attack or run through a blockade to add that edge of not just having a taxi of a ship, but to truly captain one.

I completely agree!

heh Eve space combat...good ol days where your screen is so full of tracking and scrolling reports that you cant actually see much of a space fight going on at all. If you want an actual space simulator free flying combat system you are going to have to wait for Star Citizen