What species would you want for gay companions?

zuile

Not sure where else to stick this, and I'm very certain that if Bioware have been true to their word they'll come up with species for the gay companions that are coming much quicker than Soon™.

So what species would you want the gay companions for each class or faction to be? Do male and female or just male/female, do as many classes as you like or just factions.

No arguing please.

I'd go with

Empire-

Female:Miraluka

Male: Human

Republic-

Female: Twi'lek

Male: Mirialan

IA-

Female:Chiss

Male:Zabrak

SI-

Female:Miraluka

Male:Pureblood

SW-

Female:Pureblood

Male:Human

BH-

Female: Twi'lek

Male: Cyborg

in all seriousness anything as I think gayness is more of the lines a personalty/way of being than a species/race etc.. thing to say it is that is almost umm speciiest/racist lol haha.... :rolleyes::o:D

And I am not joking or being sarcastic etc... I hope it is all done well like all their previous games and can't wait for it.

Part of the problem is that cross-species couples does not always make sense.

Like biologically, obviously some won't work. Others, like human + sith pureblood, we know does.

Emotionally / culturally, I think some couples wouldn't work either. Once again, some like human + cyborg is probably fine.

However the companions (therefore romance options) are all of fixed species. I'm playing a male IA from that bald race and the first companion happens to be a famale from that bold race, so it works out well. But what if I was role playing a Chiss? I'd want Chiss romance options!

actually for this i would say any an all species or culture can mix. in the star wars books we read of a twi'lek with a human wife. I know its not a gay couple but species will mingle no matter their species or culture. In legacy of the for theirs a bothan who falls for a gamorrean.

As far as the companions it should be like Biowares other games. no restrictions.

Well let's not even go into "whether it's physically possible" question. I suspect the answer may be a kind of yes for all generally-humanoid species..

But I'd imagine it's the exception. Like even in the real world, there are parts where people tend to marry/date within their own racial groups, and cross-race couples are relatively rarer (not non-existant).

Now when you consider the star wars universe, with so many more species/races, that are so much more different in both looks and culture... i'd imagine it's still a rare thing.

It doesn't make sense that half the human players will romance non-human partners. Like I just think from a lore point of view, cross-species couples should be relatively rarer. So it shouldn't be, you have a character and 4 romance options, 3-4 of them are aliens. Instead, it should be, you have a character and 4 romance options, one of them is an alien (the other three can be ds or ls same species, and a gay same species).

Just likewise to the already existing heterosexual companians I do hope for a good mix of the species we can most relate to (humans and cyborgs) and a handful of more exotic choices.

I would like to know if Bioware is going for an approach similar to Dragon Age 2, where NPCs can change their sexual orientation in regards to the player they are interacting with. That would open some (or all) of the already romanceable companions for same gender pairings.

• 1 year later...
Part of the problem is that cross-species couples does not always make sense.

Like biologically, obviously some won't work. Others, like human + sith pureblood, we know does.

Biologically gay couples won't work in the first place lol,unless they are Huts cus they can change gender whenever they wish.

Edited by Kaedusz