Maintenance: May 9th, 2017

EricMusco

They won't fix anything... All bugs should be fixed soon tho.

It will be just another maintenace which will affect only players time. They won't add anything, the won't fix anything, they will just take servers down, do nothing and then extend maintenance for another 2 hours.

This 100%

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 9th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance. SWTOR.com will also be down during this time.

Details:

DATE: 9 May 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Patience is a lie...

The better than cross serverTM ship has sailed and hit an iceberg years ago. :(

I can't imagine setting up all the servers in a cluster to make a "megaserver" woud be too difficult. Sure, it's a dreaded "merge", but would never need to be repeated in the future as hardware can be added/taken away as needed and everyone plays together. Like ESO and EVE.

Edited by Zorvan

I can't imagine setting up all the servers in a cluster to make a "megaserver" woud be too difficult. Sure, it's a dreaded "merge", but would never need to be repeated in the future as hardware can be added/taken away as needed and everyone plays together. Like ESO and EVE.

I'm so totally in favour of this solution! It would be worth it if it meant we had to wait a couple of days!

Edited by saberscreen

Why you always exceed the time you specified for the update?

What are you talking about?

They said 4 hours. It has been less than 4 hours.

It started at 1500 my local time. Now it's 1856.

Edited by Halinalle

Why you always exceed the time you specified for the update?

/reads maintenance notice.

/reads this comment.

/scratches head. What the......

Servers coming back within the scheduled time though... that robs the forum of much "fact based" teeth gnashing and raging today though.

Edited by Andryah

I keep getting "Login Servers are down"

Edit: Nevermind. It seems to be my internet provider. Suddenlink Communications used to have really good service and customer service, until the company was bought out in 2014. Now its really spotty, and trying to talk to a real person is a futile exercise in "Human vs Automated Phone Service"

Edited by Djake
Updating info

i am haveing a problem with my personal starship it seems that the instances have broken is anyone else haaveing an issue with ths?

Might be helpful if you give some specifics as to what is happening.

Bioware can't get their crap together again. they messed up last Tuesday and wasted everyone's time, then said they were going to try to make sure that would never happen again. And here we are, a week later, and I cant log into most of my toons because they screwed up again.

Might be helpful if you give some specifics as to what is happening.

basically i try to go into my personal starship but nothing loades and i seem to be going onto everyone elses ship instead of myown it is the same with the strongholds

You broke Harbringer server. Items are going missing, toons can't be logged into. Please fix ASAP!

I guess i best not log-in then. Harbinger really needs to be fixed. About a whole 5 day shutdown to get fixes done if it can be fixed. :/

I guess i best not log-in then. Harbinger really needs to be fixed. About a whole 5 day shutdown to get fixes done if it can be fixed. :/

It just had 4 hour shutdown, and that made it worse.

Imagine how much worse would 5 days of downtime do for it.