Should I dump Artifice for Slicing?

Darkyurine

I am considering dumping Artifice for Slicing. Mistake? I have Archeology at 355 and

Treasure Hunting at 350, but my Artifice is at 84. My question is when do I start making money with Artifice? Or is it worth it? I have been satisfied with selling the mats on the GTN, but I feel that I could be making more chedda with Artifice.

I am considering dumping Artifice for Slicing. Mistake? I have Archeology at 355 and

Treasure Hunting at 350, but my Artifice is at 84. My question is when do I start making money with Artifice? Or is it worth it? I have been satisfied with selling the mats on the GTN, but I feel that I could be making more chedda with Artifice.

I have artifice also and I make 200-300k a day atleast. I use to craft crystals, but make more money off the mats. You can make money off of hilts and enchancements if you can get the schematics. Slicing will make you more money though.

I have artifice also and I make 200-300k a day atleast. I use to craft crystals, but make more money off the mats. You can make money off of hilts and enchancements if you can get the schematics. Slicing will make you more money though.

On my server, slicing used to make alot of money, but now most people have all the augments they will use, and just pull augments to put into new outfits as they wear them. On the other hand, augmentation kits are still being charged a good amount, and will probably do so for the foresee-able future. The reason is, once you have the augments you need for your gear, you really don't have to make, or buy any more, you can just pull the old ones you have and reuse them. However once you acquire a new set of gear, you do need to add augment slots to that gear. People always acquire new gear, they don't always change or need new augments. In other words, slicing is a saturated market, too many slicers and only so much demand, whereas augmentation kits is an ever expanding market that will only saturate if they stop making new gear sets. And from the looks of the cartel market and expansion, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Slicing is too popular. Neural Augmenters usually go for less than 10k now. When you could be spending 3/4 that just trying to get the criticals. If you actually make augments you'd be a little better off but they are typically slow selling. I don't have any problem selling them all but it can take a couple days. I wouldn't totally rely on that for money but something to compliment another skill that makes a little money.