How often does decoration drop?

AcesClub

Hi!

I was wondering, does decorations drop only in Hard mode flashpoints or in hard mode and regular mode? Or does it drop more often in hard mode?

Right now im doing flashpoints in regular mode with my lvl 55 character and just cut my way through them on my own. I thought that would save me some time.

But as of right now, I havent found any decoration drops. Am I doing it right?

Hi!

I was wondering, does decorations drop only in Hard mode flashpoints or in hard mode and regular mode? Or does it drop more often in hard mode?

Right now im doing flashpoints in regular mode with my lvl 55 character and just cut my way through them on my own. I thought that would save me some time.

But as of right now, I havent found any decoration drops. Am I doing it right?

You can get decoration drops from story mode (regular mode) Flashpoints. I've run them solo on two level 55 toons -- one Imp, and one Pub. Decorations have dropped in the SM Flashpoints I've solo'd, except for The Esseles.

The decoration drops seem to be tied to RNG (random number generator) rather than being a guaranteed reward. I've gotten decorations from various enemy NPCs, not just the bosses or bonus bosses. Some SM Flashpoints dropped the decoration the first time I ran them solo. Sometimes I had to run the FP 2 to 4 times before a decoration dropped. I never got a decoration drop from The Esseles, story mode, after about 25 solo runs.

I don't know if there is empirical data to support whether or not decorations drop more often in HM Flashpoints than in SM Flashpoints. As a guess, I'd say yes -- usually the more difficult the FP, the better the rewards. In this case, a more frequent decoration drop. The other side of that coin is that unless a player can solo a HM FP, they will be rolling for the decoration with other group members.

TL;DR: Yes, decorations drop in SM FP. Decorations are not a guaranteed drop in every run of a SM Flashpoint.

Hard Mode FPs will have a 100% drop from the bonus boss. Final bosses in hard modes will have a chance to drop. Story modes don't have a bonus boss, and the final boss will have a lower chance to drop than hard modes. Tactical FPs are the devil...they've got the lowest chance to drop (in my experience) of them all. Only bonus/final bosses in FPs will drop decorations.

In Ops trash will have a chance to drop a decoration, while bosses will have a chance to drop different decorations. Which trash will drop what changes based on the Operation. The higher the difficulty the better your chance at seeing a drop.

Edited by BobaFaceroll

Hard Mode FPs will have a 100% drop from the bonus boss. Final bosses in hard modes will have a chance to drop. Story modes don't have a bonus boss, and the final boss will have a lower chance to drop than hard modes. Tactical FPs are the devil...they've got the lowest chance to drop (in my experience) of them all. Only bonus/final bosses in FPs will drop decorations.

In Ops trash will have a chance to drop a decoration, while bosses will have a chance to drop different decorations. Which trash will drop what changes based on the Operation. The higher the difficulty the better your chance at seeing a drop.

Taral V, Maelstrom Prision, D7, Ilum, False Emperor, Foundry, Boarding Party....all SMs with bonus bosses...so yes, SOME SMs, have bonus bosses