Vanguard Feels Like Sorcerer

JediKnightJax

(I've been gone a while, so I'm just now noticing this)

Seriously. It seems like most of our attacks are either lightning or melee-based now..

Vanguard LOOKS like a Trooper, but Commando FEELS like a Trooper. :jawa_frown:

I like Plasma Flare and the replacement for Mortar Barrage. And that got me thinking...Tac Pulse is also very nice...

Could it be that we should change these stupid ltng / electricity attacks to Plasma attacks? Like more Plasma balls, projectiles etc.

Would feel like a Space Marine with a Plasma Gun at the very least.

Edited by Cuiwe

• 2 weeks later...

I've always found it disappointing how little melee blaster classes actually use their weapons. DoT-Scoundrels and Operatives being the one exception, and I really love their optics of actually firing a blaster rifle or single pistol at the enemy.

Vanguards and PTs barely use their weapons at all, and when they do it doesn't look like any Star Wars blaster I've ever seen outside this game before. Their standard 1-attacks are the only exceptions, and they're used very rarely in the basic rotation.

Sometimes, as a little joke, I'll wear black robes on my Vanguard tank, because that's honestly how it looks to me - it's a tech-based sorcerer.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Same way you may say: Operative DoT looks like Sniper DoT, because they both use poison, Guardian feels like Powertech, because they both use fire and so on. Nah, that won't go anywhea XD. l'm mained on Vanguard & very love how these powers look, that feels really hi-tech stuff.

The only concern about it - it's Artillery Blitz VFX bug - when it's used too early after some other power is executed - its VFX doesn't play, and when some other power is used to clip Artillery Blitz (after all its 4 ticks), its VFX doesn't stop. Not sure if it happens with Powertech counterpart power (Deadly Onslaught). l guess the reason, that makes this happen maybe its "headphone call" animation part (that's also used by Commando's Medic probe powers), so maybe makes sense to remove aforementioned part. Note, that other target-area channels like Sweeping Gunfire or Mortar Volley don't have similar VFX issue, but when they used too early after other powers - they make character face wrong direction (likely face to right side or south, but not sure) while channeling. l guess condition of AB bug and wrong faced character is the same.