Dungeon finder?

Jan 11th.

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.

A couple points on that. I have not completed a single Heroic-4 quest after level 20 for lack of people (notably healers since no one levels as a healer it seems). It's nigh impossible to run a flashpoint while leveling without standing in the fleet for an hour, while not gaining experience/having fun on a planet. Once you hit 50, unless your guild is active, you're still waiting an hour to run a flashpoint, if your server has enough 50s.

We're 1 month in and people who hit 50 have hit a wall of bugs and lack of support. Those that are still on the 1-49 road are having a blast.

We don't need a tool that builds groups for us. We need to be able to find other people who want to run a flashpoint/quest, regardless of where we are in the game world. If guild chat works across all worlds and warzones have a cross-world UI, why can't there be an LFG tool like that?

I agree the LFG options does need to be improved. One of the best things that they could add would be check boxes flagging you wanting to do a specific activity.

One think I loved SWG did for LFG was you could go about what ever grinding you wanted to do but still have yourself flagged as LFG for certain instances. Their "WHO" window can have it benefits but it still leaves alot to be desired for a LFG tool. Yes im aware you can change planets, class, lvls and what not, but most people dont know its there or even how to use it.

We dont need an instance finder in the game, we need an improved server wide person finder. I dont care if makes it easier to get spam tell from farmer if it makes finding groups take 5 minutes instead of 2 hours. The person finder should be as detailed as possible, letting you set comments that let you read more then just 15 characters, cuz once you put more then that you can read all thats put in the LFG comment.

Jan 11th.

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.

Design phase? That means the feature is months away, at best. That's really sad to hear.

Cross-server bad for the community? Well, congratulations, the whining group that keeps spreading that non-sense seems to have won the ears of the producers. Congratulations Bioware, you guys do know how to make a MMO.

I'm glad for this post. It was just in time to change my 6 month subscription that would be billed today to 1 month one. Who known, might as well be my last.

Character transfers, Combat logs, training dummies and dungeon finder are highly needed things to improve this game.

No no, this things "ruin" the "community" and breed "elitists jerks" that don't like to play with "baddies".

It's better to spend your time spamming General in fleet so you can, maybe, run a single FP. Oh, and don't bother trying to play after 11pm of your servers timezone, that would ruin the community too.

And if you get a group that can't beat an enrage, don't leave, you have to "deal with it" otherwise you will be blacklisted on your gated community and labeled as an elitist.

Congratulations Bioware, and good riddance on listening to just one side of your player base.