Did plagueis the wise Create Anakin Skywalker?

Ch_Zero

It's never stated that he created Anakin, but it's heavily implied by the fact that he was busy working with Midiclorians(sp?). He reached out and tried to create life but it claims he failed. He then heard about Anakin and got worried, thinking that the Force was trying to stop them.

As for that being the reason Anakin was susceptible to the Darkside, no. He was susceptible because he was in love with Padme and wanted to save her from death.

Anakin's conception was a direct result of Plagueis trying to control the Midichlorians. He tried to alter the balance of the Force, so the Midichlorians created Anakin to bring the force back in to balance.

In earlier drafts of the screenplays, the implication that Sidious/Palpatine caused Anakin to be born was a lot stronger. There was a parallel "I am your father" moment. It's entirely possible that Palpatine was messing with Anakin's head there, but it makes the whole virgin birth thing a little less random.

As to whether Anakin's fall was caused by that, your mileage may vary. Personally, I think one of the reasons that the prequel trilogies were dissatisfying is that we're given two entirely different narratives about why Anakin fell (as an artifact of multiple eleventh-hour rewrites): is Anakin a classic greedy/power-hungry/un-self-disciplined/low-on-compassion type whose relationship to the Dark Side is like an addict's relationship to his drug of choice, or is he an ordinary guy who made some crappy decisions and fell for other peoples' manipulations out of fear?

Edited by Paralassa

My interpretation is that Plagueis and Sidious were trying and in some measure succeeded in altering the balance of the Force on a fundamental level between the light side and dark side. Which the force, through the midichlorians tried to correct by creating Anakin.

The only way it makes sense for me that a Sith Lord could act in close proximity to the Grand Masters of the Jedi Order was that, at least during the time shown by the movies, the Dark Side was actually stronger because of the actions of Plagueis and Sidious.

This is all conjecture on my part based on inferences from EU sources.

so did the midichlorians have some council meeting and decide to create anakin? >.>

they obviously did not want plag messin things up

Medichlorians aren't really thinking, in that sense, more like cells kind of.

It's heavily implied that either Darth Plagueis or Darth Sidious created Anakin through the manipulation of the medichlorians, while Shmi Skywalker was traveling to Tatooine. I don't know if they weren't aware of the Jedi prophecy about the chosen one being conceived from the force, but they went a long with it anyways and created Anakin.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Anakin did bring balance to the force technically, its just the Jedi misunderstood balance as "wiping out all those evil sith"

Anakin allowed for a magnitude of jedi to be slain, until only two-ish remained and two-ish sith remained.

Yoda, Obi-wan

Palpatine, Vader

First, balance in the Force DOES NOT MEAN balance in number of Force-users. The Force is far more than those who wield it.

Second, I believe Lucas himself has stated that Plaugeis had nothing to do with Anakin's birth, that he was conceived wholly by the will of the Force.

Medichlorians aren't really thinking, in that sense, more like cells kind of.

It's heavily implied that either Darth Plagueis or Darth Sidious created Anakin through the manipulation of the medichlorians, while Shmi Skywalker was traveling to Tatooine. I don't know if they weren't aware of the Jedi prophecy about the chosen one being conceived from the force, but they went a long with it anyways and created Anakin.

According to the Book of Sith in Plagueis's writtings he was well aware of the jedi prophecy. He wanted to eventually create a powerful force user out of thin air, what he explains in detail is exactly how Anakin came to be which is why I personally began to think he could have created anakin, inorder to fool the jedi into training that person. But since the created person was Plageuis's, he intended on him becoming an agent of the dark side.

I'd like to learn more about Anakin's immaculate conception myself, so I find this discussion interesting. I only know from what they tell us in the movies, and it seemed to me that Anakin turned dark from the anguish of leaving his mother behind as a slave, and then becoming obsessed with Padme on top of that.

If he was predisposed to becoming dark because of things that happened in other sources I'd be a bit disappointed, because I'm fond of the idea of Anakin's mother-issues related fall.

Plagueis used some sith ritual to take control of the force but only succeeded in limiting the jedi's ability to draw on the light side of the force. From that moment the Dark side was naturally more powerful than the Light side. This disturbed the balance of the force. The force did not like that so basically the force created Anakin to bring back balance or return the force to its original state.

a.k.a. kill Palpatine and Plagueis

Edited by DarkCelestial

In "Vader: The Ultimate Guide" it is stated "Plagueis could save others from death and, when his power was applied to the extreme, create new life from the midi-chlorians found in all lifeforms."

In the novel "Star Wars: Darth Plagueis" when Plagueis and Sidious learn of Anakin Skywalker, and that he was born of the force and had no father(Plagueis was still alive when Qui-Gon found him), they hypothesize that it was due to their experimentation with resurrection and messing with the force. Plagueis had been killing and resurrecting apprentices.

And is that why he later was influenced by the dark side so strongly?

It is never stated, but it is strongly hinted. In my personal opinion, yes, Plagueis created Anakin and that is why Palpatine immediately took an interest in Anakin at the end of The Phantom Menace.

Plagueis used some sith ritual to take control of the force but only succeeded in limiting the jedi's ability to draw on the light side of the force. From that moment the Dark side was naturally more powerful than the Light side. This disturbed the balance of the force. The force did not like that so basically the force created Anakin to bring back balance or return the force to its original state.

a.k.a. kill Palpatine and Plagueis

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

Sources!?

:o

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

Sources!?

The ritual part probably came from the book Darth Plagueis and as for the force part I agree with him about it making use of Anakin to kill Palpatine, I disagree with him that it was the force that soley created Anakin, Plagueis very likely manipulated the force to achieve this. From what I have gathered the Force is basically a living thing that has a will. The force is the strangest thing ever.

Edited by Tuscad

From what I've heard is contained in the spoiler box

Plagius and Sidious try to create to infuse the Mediclorians in the most pure form to create the "chosen one", the Mediclorians resent being manipulated though and instead it creates Anakin who eventually destroys the Sith. Source is Wookiepedia and their piece on the new Plagius book.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!?

Sources!?

Darth Plagueis the book.

The ritual part probably came from the book Darth Plagueis and as for the force part I agree with him about it making use of Anakin to kill Palpatine, I disagree with him that it was the force that soley created Anakin, Plagueis very likely manipulated the force to achieve this. From what I have gathered the Force is basically a living thing that has a will. The force is the strangest thing ever.

I disagree with you. Plagueis was trying to create life and succeeded but it is also said that everytime he did so the force would strike at him in doing so. When he corrupted the force though the Force struck back with Anakin to bring back balance so in a way Plagueis did create Anakin. Its all in the book.:)

Edited by DarkCelestial

yes the Darth Plagueis the book. is here, it should say one way or the other, too bad it a hard back book, any one have $30 for a book?

E-books and the library are your friend. It changes how you look at the movies, so it's worth it. I'd say it's the new starting point for those new to the EU.