Death Field

OpeningToEndgame

Dunno about DF but it seems as if other classes have attacks that ignore the bubble, most likely due to some bug. I keep getting hit hard through the bubble by powerteachs/vanguards and that can't be intended, the bubble isnt even popping. Even if someone has 100 % armor penetration it should still be absorbed, right? Edited by MidichIorian

Dunno about DF but it seems as if other classes have attacks that ignore the bubble, most likely due to some bug. I keep getting hit hard through the bubble by powerteachs/vanguards and that can't be intended, the bubble isnt even popping. Even if someone has 100 % armor penetration it should still be absorbed, right?

I think I can explain this.

On my Vanguard, I throw Sticky Grenade and Assault Plastique as the opening moves of my rotation. They each take 3 seconds to explode. I follow up with Ion Pulse and then High Impact Bolt. Because of the timing of the first two explosives, they will go off just slightly before HiB hits, and take your shield away. This allows HiB to hit for full damage. Probably because of lag or whatever, the graphic on your shield takes an extra second to disappear, which might make you think that HiB is going through your shield.

Most likely you had a few dots on you to weaken the bubble... Then you got death fielded for about 5k, some of which was absorbed by your bubble.

This is likely what happened.

The Sage/Sorc bubble (depending on stats and expertise) will absorb between 3,250-4,500 hit points of damage. Assuming you are in gear better than recruit. With PVE gear I believe the bubble can absorbe even more. probably around 5k+ because your stats in PVE gear are higher. However due to extreme lack of expertise you will also be taking more damage. So the point in doing so just for the bubble armor increase would be retarded.

Edited by SOULCASTER

He used the auto crit thing perhaps,.

Sorcs don't have auto-crit df. In fact they dont have any autocrits other than thundering blast on a target affected by affliction. If you are referring to recklsessness, that is a 60% bonus crit, which is different from auto-crit unless you have 40% crit (or 34% only for force lightning and shock if madness specced).

Edited by MusicRider

Sorcs don't have auto-crit df. In fact they dont have any autocrits other than thundering blast on a target affected by affliction. If you are referring to recklsessness, that is a 60% bonus crit, which is different from auto-crit unless you have 40% crit (or 34% only for force lightning and shock if madness specced).

oh I see.

Well I meant the mostly probably crit button then... ;)