The Best PvP Shadow Build for Winning (32/3/11)

Atownarmy

LINK TO 32/3/11 TALENT TREE HERE

This is solely built to win games. Thats a Shadow's job in PvP: Win the game. Dont heal, dont DPS: win. We can stealth in the huttball endzone, hold nodes for a long time, solo cap nodes, pull, stun, mezz, interrupt, we are the utility players. This build is for that. You should still win 1v1s against similarly geared opponents, but it's focus is to win games

You NEED to have pull, Force in Balance (FiB) and CCs to do this. This spec gets you that. If you disagree with this spec, first ask yourself: "What about a different spec would make me more likely to win a higher percentage of games across the board?" If you still disagree with the spec, please comment as to why, and what changes will be more likely to win War Zones.

A note on FiB: People (correctly) point out that Slow Time got a buff with 2.0 and is better than FiB because of its debuffs, and it is, if your goal is killing stuff (in which case, the Sentinel forums are down 1). But if the goal is to win, let me put it like this: How many voidstar games are decided by if the 7 people busting out of rehab can interrupt the bomb planting in time? Slow time is moderately better than FiB, but FiB has a 30m range. It's a 30m AOE that does great damage and heals you up to 5%. That is huge when so many games are won or lost by whether or not you get to the node a split second late.

Edited by Atownarmy

This abomination of a build needs to be wiped from the internet...

1. Wither/Slow Time is sooooo much more usefull than FiB/Death Field: You cant deny it. Slow time reduces move speed which is more usefull than heals. if your having HP problems then you need to bring a pocket healer...

2. Shadow Wrap needs max: Shadow Wrap is a godsend in PvP. A free Shadow Strike at anywhere on the target? Hell yea!

3. DoT heals arent as good as better tanking

4. Your an idiot and should be treated as such.

1. Wither/Slow Time is sooooo much more usefull than FiB/Death Field: You cant deny it. Slow time reduces move speed which is more usefull than heals. if your having HP problems then you need to bring a pocket healer...

2. Shadow Wrap needs max: Shadow Wrap is a godsend in PvP. A free Shadow Strike at anywhere on the target? Hell yea!

3. DoT heals arent as good as better tanking

4. Your an idiot and should be treated as such.

You're*

You're*

Lol I love that! As for his build its not wrong and the range and AoE on FiB is extremely useful to stop caps. Trying out full Inf I miss that talent the most for the points noted in the OP and I miss guarding people. I will try the build out and see how I like it likely with a few changes.

That said do you use all DPS gear with a shield OH? Or have you found an effective combo?

3. QQ

4. QQ.

Like I said, if your intent is to kill people, be a sentinal. As far as winning games goes, FiB is better. This build is solely meant to help win games.

Shadow Wrap is amazing, and I love it, (I did give it 1 point) but it will come at the cost of nerfing Project (harder hitting project I value more for 1v1 than a higher proc rate on Shadow Strike) getting rid of FiB (no) or taking away a CC (no). As great as it is for 1v1, it doesnt make you more likely to win a game, like having longevity in holding a node, or AOE interrupting a cap.

Like I said, if you have anything that you think will make Shadows more effective at winning the game, please let me know, I am always interested in making myself more effective, but from experience, Shaodws are moe effective with FiB than Slow Time as far as objective based PvP is concerned

Edited by Atownarmy

The focus of this build is utility yet you take upheaval over celerity?

That is a valid point, and I just dont want to nerf Project as its your main tool for solocapping, and holding a node in 1v1 or 1v2. Celerity is, by far, the biggest utility that this build is missing. If you think you can 1v1 with 15% proc for upheaval, then Celerity will give you more utility. I dont think I would be as effective in winning if I trade being better at running the huttball vs being able to better solocap or hold nodes.

Edited by Atownarmy

LINK TO TALENT TREE HERE

This is solely built to win games. Thats a Shadow's job in PvP: Win the game. Dont heal, dont DPS: win. We can stealth in the huttball endzone, hold nodes for a long time, solo cap nodes, pull, stun, mezz, interrupt, we are the utility players. This build is for that. You should still win 1v1s against similarly geared opponents, but it's focus is to win games

You NEED to have pull, Force in Balance (FiB) and CCs to do this. This spec gets you that. If you disagree with this spec, first ask yourself: "What about a different spec would make me more likely to win a higher percentage of games across the board?" If you still disagree with the spec, please comment as to why, and what changes will be more likely to win War Zones.

A note on FiB: People (correctly) point out that Slow Time got a buff with 2.0 and is better than FiB because of its debuffs, and it is, if your goal is killing stuff (in which case, the Sentinel forums are down 1). But if the goal is to win, let me put it like this: How many voidstar games are decided by if the 7 people busting out of rehab can interrupt the bomb planting in time? Slow time is moderately better than FiB, but FiB has a 30m range. It's a 30m AOE that does great damage and heals you up to 5%. That is huge when so many games are won or lost by whether or not you get to the node a split second late.

A high utility spec, but then you don't take celerity?! Come on.

I think all specs would be fine for "winning" warzones (balance is a long shot but whatever) That or it just my opinion that every spec using more than 10 points in the tank tree is an abomination to me.

Edit: Also, why the hell would you take drain thoughts if you're not using DoTs?

Edited by THEFERRARICARGUY

Its going for specific things: pulling, interrupting caps/planting, and solocapping. People dont like this build because it doesnt DPS as good as 5/36/5, or use the KC tree to its fullest, but thats not the point. Getting moderately better damage wont influence the outcome of a game like pulling a hutball carier into the fire or stopping a cap with a 30m AOE.

People think that anything in the KC build has to be tanky, but pull and kicking people out of stealth is huge for winning a game.

I've played plenty with full infil and full KC and its great and has a lot of use, but Ive found I can influence a game's outcome better with this build. This sint me asking if this is a good build, this is me saying Ive tried a lot of stuff, and this is the best that Ive found for winning or losing a game.