[Suggestion] Advanced Movement !

Prysha

Okay here is my idea.. it should look like following:

Example: You have a skill called "Heroic Jump".. once you click it you get a marker ( similiar to "Death from above" or that "Huttball-Throw" ) and you place it somewhere in the range of 10-40 (or 30), then your character begins to jump to that marked position. ( in and out of combat , but maybe not in warzones )

Animation:

For Bounty Hunters and Troopers we could have an animation where they use Jetpack or Jetboots.

For Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights we could just use a "spiral-jump" animation or "a forward flip" or something like this.... this would make the jumps look like in the movies <3

For Inquisitors and Consulars we could use their Lightnings / Golden glow ( like that one guy in the sith warrior class mission custscene , where his body was surrounded by lightnings and he jumped very high).

For Agents and Smugglers we could use some "Ninja-like" movement.. maybe similar to the "cover-roll".

_____

This post is for Devs and Players, maybe players can add more ideas to this to make it perfect :D

-----------

PS. In case of Wrong-Forum i ask them to move it to correct forums.. but somehow i cant find a suggestion forum :/

Edited by Prysha

If it was a heroic moment only skill, aka only can be used with a companion, and never in pvp then it would be fine. But it's very unlikely to ever happen as a normal ability. Knights and warriors already have multiple jumps, and powertechs / vanguards have their jump too. Agents/smugglers/consulars/inquisitors don't need the ability.

Short form:

Heroic moment skill once every 20mins: Can't see an issue

Normal ability: balance issues

Edited by Brimmer

Knights and warriors already have multiple jumps, and powertechs / vanguards have their jump too

Yeah but those are only useable in combat, im speaking also for out of combat ^^

And yes it shoudl ne NOT available in Warzones or atleast not when in combat mode.

Yeah but those are only useable in combat, im speaking also for out of combat ^^

And yes it shoudl ne NOT available in Warzones or atleast not when in combat mode.

My bad wasn't paying attention to the fact you wanted the ability to jump without a target.

They would never allow it out of combat, or incombat if you could pick an area to jump to like you described. The maps aren't designed to allow that type of game play. People would be exploiting it like crazy, wall climbing maps and using it to PVP, having the ability to kill people from way up high.

That is one of the large reasons the jumps in game require a target. The holo-dancer used to be bugged and people with the storm or leap abilities could use the holo for the same purposes as the skill you describe. That facts they removed that bug would pretty much say it won't happen.

It would be fun though

Edited by Brimmer

Well they could take atleast a look at this post, i mean there is a limited range that attacks have, if someone climbs very high ( i can do this already ) and attacks from above it might not work due to range limits, about exploiting, right now you can go almost anywhere when u try long enough, and ive seen only litle amount of exploiters so far.

the jump system would it make more fun to travel withing pve so much.. it gives the game more dynamic.. being ( especially ) a jedi / sith who can only jump to target but not on a container is pretty lame :o

Im also pretty sure SWTOR would get more advertised with features live A.J.S.. i mean there not so many games with a cool movement system.. adding jedi jumps to SWTOR would make it very attractive even to people who disliked swtor because we still running on oldschool movement ( WoW / lineage2 style where we are nailed on the ground ).

I hope really they take a look and add something similiar...everytime i watch the movies my heart breaks when i see them jumping y,y

Edited by Prysha

Even though I think the normal jumping physics in SWTOR are crap, wouldn't an option that pretty much every body gets an super jump make the datacrons too easy to get?

datacrons... actually i have noticed many peopel get stuck and bugged when they attempt to get datacrons ..it feels like exploiting to get those crons...

maybe we coudl add that jump system with a bar to fill... like a stamina bar .. if it is full you can jump if not you only sprint faster or something like that :D

you can fill your bar by either resting ( cantina ) or by killing things or whatever.... im open to sggestions XD

I like that idea, but better get them working (it's mostly annoying with most of the so far in the game).

use a skill like [take cover] [force sweep] or any other ability you can activate without a target, and it will stop your movement, which is a useful way to help you land where you want. Not too sure what your issue on corellia is. I never had issues there. For the republic fleet datacron there is an issue but the above method fixes that.

Edited by Brimmer

use a skill like [take cover] [force sweep] or any other ability you can activate without a target, and it will stop your movement, which is a useful way to help you land where you want. Not too sure what your issue on corellia is. I never had issues there. For the republic fleet datacron there is an issue but the above method fixes that.

I got them all, and have never tried to get those which require the MGGS with any alt. The one on Alderaan took me mostly just a while to find the spot that was working (and even then I had to climb the ladder, which I heard was removed, because it was not supposed to help to get up there). The Corellia one took forever, and I even died a few times, because I ended up falling instead of getting there. The one the fleet was the one where I simply got pulled up by an sage, so had no trouble there (eve though I know that many complain about it). So, not a single one of them seems to really work.

Like I said as fun as this ability is I HOPE it will never be ingame, for the sole reason of it being abused. It can and will.

It is just too powerful of an ability since it doesn't require a target you can damage to activate.

Edited by Brimmer