The latest Corrupter Zero fix

Synavix

With the latest Corrupter Zero fix to concussion mines (Oct 29th), one of my groups is having issues. We're getting 2 to 4 concussion mines during every laser phase, with no way to cleanse it except to suicide. This means that even assuming we have everyone survive through the laser dance, we're ending up coming out of the phase with 3 fewer people, at low health, often with deaths to the AoE + adds. Losing a healer and tank for us means a wipe. Is this working as intended? Is the mechanic trying to force people to spread to all 4 different corners to LoS, to spread out the concussion mine AoE to healable damage for a longer amount of time until it can be cleansed properly? Is /stucking immediately to reduce AoE damage a viable strategy and just finishing the fight with 4 or 5 people?

Previously we were having no issues with the last phase of the fight, and sub 35% was basically a guaranteed kill. Now it seems like the 25% marker is the hardest part of the fight.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corruptor zero fight was broken for us as well (Progenitor EU), mines seemed to:

1) spawn too often

2) spawn at times it is impossible to cleanse them, ie during his big localized aoe and during the lazer phase.

It has proven impossible for us to get through the lazer phase, even with everyone who gets the mine using /stuck to suicide.

WOW.. you think with all the DAMN issues on this MINE they would just REMOVE that mechanic.

Clearly they can't fix it properly. :mad: Get your CRAP together BIOWARE.. Another week of BUGGY ZERO.

Magic INVISO Mine's that stack w/o seeing them.

Magic NEVER CLEANSE Mine's that never get cleaned off even if you are jumping on his DEAD BODY.

Now MINE's that magically get cast with the LASER BEAM....

Reports flowing in that now we get the MINE's attached when the LASER BEAM is being cast.

NICE.. thanks for BUGGING out the boss fight even more now BIOWARE. :mad:

How about you just REMOVE this whole MINE MECHANIC until you can actually FIX the mechanic?

Sounds like the only work around for the time being would be to suicide into the beam, so you don't do damage the the rest of the group.

Bioware you never cease to amaze us, although at this point we shouldn't be surprised.

This is truly outrageous. And what saddens me most is that we'll have to wait one more week for this to get fixed. BioWare are not known for implementing hotfixes.

Not True! Almost <24 hours after Cartel Market when LIVE they did an emergency hotfix on Consumable products to prevent FREE recycle. (You know the one that you clicked during a cast and didn't lose the consumable). :eek: It wasn't an issue for months on end until CM came online and the "Oh $H!T" alarm went off in the bean counters corner office around loss of revenue.

But yes.. I AGREE that we will be forced to bend over and take it (AGAIN) for this bugged boss fight for another week.

Sad because we had to skip him last week due to the INVISO MINE'S not showing up and then BAM 6-7 stacks on someone and the ICON showing up as we all died.. LOL (Yes we ran over to him routinely in an attempt to clear those not being seen). And it was bugged for a couple runs. I ran it fine in two guild runs, but one run it was just completely BUGGED and unable to complete. (Even after 4 complete RESETS of the HM phase)

Edited by dscount

Sounds like the only work around for the time being would be to suicide into the beam, so you don't do damage the the rest of the group.

Bioware you never cease to amaze us, although at this point we shouldn't be surprised.

Yes but we have found that it can be cast on up to 2 people during each laser ... = even with suicide u are killing most of the raid before the lasers have finished

Just what I expected, the intended behavior seems to be that the boss should always create the stackable debuff when he casts Concussion Mine. Therefore, the Concussion Mines now get thrown out at least five times as much as before the fix, a considerable buff to the fight.

Thankfully, we already developed the tactics of stacking on the boss well before the fix, so it does not come too much of a surprise.

But regarding mines getting thrown out during the laser phase, that definitely sounds like a bug. I suppose we will get an emergency maintenance for that this week...

Edited by Jerba

Agreed this is unkillable, again with the brilliant bug fix >.>

We just killed it today >.>

However yes it is more than a bit silly, you basically need to sacrifice one/two raid members during the beam phase.

Conc mine dodges opposite side to the group, second conc target means one of your two will need to die. Res the dead one and poof.

Edited by CaptainApop

We just killed it today >.>

However yes it is more than a bit silly, you basically need to sacrifice one/two raid members during the beam phase.

Conc mine dodges opposite side to the group, second conc target means one of your two will need to die. Res the dead one and poof.

I agree that it *is* possible, but it honestly requires too much luck. Some pulls we only got 2 concussion mines during his entire laser phase (and would have killed it if we hadn't had people die to laser, gg) but other attempts we had 4 before he landed, and more after that. I would not be surprised if it's possible to get 5 during his jumps with really bad luck. Even if you run out immediately, suicide immediately or have great heals, you're ending the phase with at least half your raid dead and the rest at minimal health...which is something an average raid group cannot handle.

Edited by Synavix

The thought that my raid group is above average is a truly terrifying thought :l

Not saying it's not hideously broken, merely throwing out the closest thing you have to a workaround.

Concussive mine doesn't damage the target, just those around him. If you can send them away from the bulk of the raid you can keep most of you alive. I get the impression he casts more if the target of conc mine is dead. We got one the first time when no one died until the last phase and two when our first target suicided.

Edited by CaptainApop

This is a new bug created by the fix. We even got through it twice this evening and one of the attempts, Corruptor Zero was immune after the laser phase and on the other attempt he wasnt immune. Not sure how this works but it was weird.

Is it possible for the guy with the mines just hit the boss from afar? or stand in one corner? if he has a debuff that kills the raid, then the logical choice would be for that person to run away from the raid so his debuff doesn't kill the raid.

If that mechanic is the only issue then won't doing the above be the best way to go about it?

========================

Edit: Guy's post above me.

========================

Edit 2: Post below me. People just need to learn to adapt. Bug report has been filed by the OP. No need for everyone to rage here. Nothing is "outrageous" , quoting someone from the 1st page.

========================

Edited by paowee

At least one dps can avoid suiciding. Move them away from the group ( they can dodge beams on the other side of the map). Then have them charge into corruptor first, before the rest of the group. The conc mines only hurt people around the target. The target doesn't take any damage from them.

Note: two concurrent targets will kill each other trying this (if he does indeed target multiple people at once with this.)