[Spoiler] Last inquisitor fight with Thanaton

Tetrahc

Take Talos with you, and stay in his line of sight at all times so he can heal you. Thanaton actually isn't hard, it's just a few of his mechanics cause a bit of damage. Constantly refresh Static Barrier, and keep Jolt on hand for when he does Revivification, or whatever it's called, as that's his heal. Use Force Speed to sprint out of any AoE attacks if you're slowed, too.

He has a pretty big health pool, so you'll be spending quite a bit just whittling down his health. For reference I was level 49 and spec'd as Madness.

I would suggest not using a tank companion vs. the first Sith. The Force Storm just wrecks them too much since they have a habit of not moving out. It's better that you hold aggro and simply move out of the storm while a companion does dps or heals.

I myself did it while healer spec so I used Xalek. I would put him on passive during force storm to get him to move out of it, but that was clunky.

Edited by Aqualisk

Just round around, he has almost no melee attacks.

After like 30 sec in combat he spams force storm for like 20-30 seconds, just keep running around him and let ur healer companion Talos heal you. On Death field also run around him and on the other spells you try to interrupt him.

Took me 2 tries and I wasn't very well geared at that time.

I was darkness spec, did him at 49 and just stood in everything, interupted what I could and talos healed me through the rest - only thing was to knock him out of his revivicaton bubble (or pull him out of it) or you'll be healing him. Just a long fight as a tank, was never low hp :p

• 2 weeks later...

Talos is the man for this job.

I did this at lvl 46 as lightening spec.

Keep Barrier up, Your dots and use a like run and gun style game play, move,cast,move,cast.

save force speed for the nasty aoe.

keep in range of Talo's Heals and its schimples... took me best part of 25 mins at this level though. but was an epic fight.

As others have said you just need Talos. I did this at 46 with Talos in his starting gear. Xalek, Andronikos, Khem, all will not really deliver. The problem is that you will run out of force even if you're heal spec and have out a good DPS pet, he has a LOT of health and he heals himself. With Talos it's almost trivial, his DPS is surprisingly low. Stay mobile so you avoid his ground reticle AoEs and try to interrupt his force lightning. Use force shield only when you go below half health, it's very force hungry.

Will take 15+ minutes most likely.

PS - The droid might work too but most people haven't geared him out.

Edited by HagenVonTronje

Did it at 48 with ease. Just kite him and use your heal pet. Make sure the heal pet and you never occupy the same space or he may drop one of his big dps marks on your healer who will not move out of it till he is dead.. instead will stop healing you and just stand there self healing till it dies. I force cloaked out of the fight and tried it again but set my pet to passive till I had him standing exactly where I wanted him then put him on attack.

• 1 month later...
As others have said you just need Talos. I did this at 46 with Talos in his starting gear. Xalek, Andronikos, Khem, all will not really deliver. The problem is that you will run out of force even if you're heal spec and have out a good DPS pet, he has a LOT of health and he heals himself. With Talos it's almost trivial, his DPS is surprisingly low. Stay mobile so you avoid his ground reticle AoEs and try to interrupt his force lightning. Use force shield only when you go below half health, it's very force hungry.

Will take 15+ minutes most likely.

PS - The droid might work too but most people haven't geared him out.

^ That's what I did too. Past experience with other fights taught me i run out of force power trying to heal up my companions. I ran around a lot, interrupted his heals and took his health down gradually. It was a long fight and I didn't have much health left at the end, but it was a one shot. Really fun.

Solution for Non Healer toons = Talos

Even if you havent geared up Talos from the time you got him, he can still heal you to successfully beat Thanaton.

Solution for Healer Toons = cake; they can solo Thanaton even without a companion

I dont understand why as an Assassin I cant beat Thanaton using Xalek. Whether Xalek DPS or Tank, we lose. If with Xalek fails, with Ashara would also fail. Melee companions wont stand a chance against Thanaton. Thats on the final fight in Korriban. But on the duel in Corellia, I dont know how me and Xalek pwned him in one try.

I completed all those quests yesterday at level 48.

Talos = easy win and gearing him should be simple GTN/Planet comms. Just have to watch the ground and move it shows where the storm will hit and should be easy to step out of it and using jolt/electrocute channel the force makes short work of him by the way X is bugged almost better to use Khem since X shield I believe is fail. Pretty much just cant stand constantly next to him range is a must that's why a range companion like talos is win as well. Basically your gonna kite him interrupt him for easy win. Edited by LordbishopX