Laminasteel

originaltodzilla

Sorry if this has been asked before, but blame it on the SWTOR forum search not working LOL!

I've used a few fan SWTOR websites that list which missions Laminasteel can be retrieved.

My "investigation" is 307, and Laminasteel is a grade 4 component (so I'm about the levels needed but on the last 25 missions I've done, I never get any. Is Lamina a "drop" on any planet or from any NPC or loot box or anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry if this has been asked before, but blame it on the SWTOR forum search not working LOL!

I've used a few fan SWTOR websites that list which missions Laminasteel can be retrieved.

My "investigation" is 307, and Laminasteel is a grade 4 component (so I'm about the levels needed but on the last 25 missions I've done, I never get any. Is Lamina a "drop" on any planet or from any NPC or loot box or anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

You are probably talking about a purple mission component. Such components can be purchased from other players or obtained from missions upon critical success (crit).

Having high companion affection contribute to how overall success rate.

• 5 months later...

It is our old friend the RNG mated with the need for the crew member to crit on the mission roll. I have sent Yuun out more than 40 times (Investagation is 400 and his affection is 8223/10000) and all I have to show for iit is over 200 Phrik... There is no market for Phrik on my server and when La,inasteel is seen at the GTN It is in the 20,000 each range and even so I buy it when I see it... I have had problems getting other mission purple items needed for my leveling toons crafted gear... But nothing like my luck getting Laminasteel.

I wish they would implement some sort of failure counter on missions like these. Also in reverse eng. items. If yo have 20% chance than on (say) 10 failures the counter would change the chance to 100%.... That sort of thing

But if it is working as intended I guess we are stuck with it.