FF XIV adding *new game +*, could we please finally have that too?

Sorens

FF XIV is getting better and better, I dont play it too much but even I gotta say the things they are adding are awesome, Shadowbringers has a kickass story and all but this new game + adition is something I wish swtor would take from FF XIV above all else.

Option to replay story and cutscenes from previous expansions, so far its only main story but they plan to add other major storylines.

Leveling in swtor is relatively easy and with today's xp rates you can, for the most part, only level with the class story missions, but still being able to go back and play as your main character would be amazing. Add to that the option to replay all companion conversations, something that is sorely missing seeing as how easy it is to miss dialogue even if you are using esc (stupid blackouts), and this would be almost as awesome of an adition as gsf was for example.

We already have the structure of chapters and ability to replay kotfe and kotet, please add the same for rest of the old content and make older raids soloable for sake of story please (withou the loot ofc).

I dont think we need it tbh. FFXIV is very alt-unfriendly game, and hence new game+ makes sense for it since the vast majority of player never level alts or drop alts before getting halfway trough.

SWTOR in the other hand is extremely alt-friendly, and vast majority of player base has several alts even belonging to same class and subclass.

If you want new game+ in swotr, thats basically same as making a new character. But new game+ in FFXIV means you get to skip all the mandatory side-quests needed for unlocking half of the game.

Honestly New game + in FFXIV is mostly useless. You get no rewards whatsoever for running it.

Can't even use it to level low level jobs.

SWTOR already has the features with the eternal saga. The leveling is much faster than in FFXIV as well so rolling a new toon to see the story again is not a big problem.

But... it's not like i would be opposed to it. I just want it to have associated rewards, unlike FFXIV's wich was a waste of resources.

no chance, Keith will use his devs to implement meaningless OPs instead of awesome stories.

Because the only thing we're getting tomorrow is a meaningless op, right?

Snarkiness from both of us aside, I would prefer the operations have more connection to the story, like ToS/GOTM do, or a prolonged operation continuity, like KP/EC/TFB/S&V/DF/DP.

I'll just quote myself from the reset post since people just try to start a new thread instead of adding to someone else's with a similar idea. Yes we want to be able to replay class story.

me: Hey our guild is looking for new peeps. Good perks. Wanna Join?

them: Nah I'm just playing this toon for the story and DELETING it when it's done

o.O

That happens quite often these days. Other games let you repeat chapters of the leveling story. Destiny 2 for example packages them for each planet. How hard would that be to have a kiosk at the starport allowing you to repeat your story in the same fashion as the planetary story arc?

I would prefer the operations have more connection to the story, like ToS/GOTM do, or a prolonged operation continuity, like KP/EC/TFB/S&V/DF/DP.

I would not.

Not evryone is into operations and starting a storyline in solo mode just to realise by the end of it that you'll never get the actual ending because it is tied to an operation, just sucks.

Something like the end of SoR with either an operation or another solo option to end the story is great because you actually have a choice, but something like Oricon is not.

If we start a story through solo mode, we should be able to finish it solo as well.

I dont think we need it tbh. FFXIV is very alt-unfriendly game, and hence new game+ makes sense for it since the vast majority of player never level alts or drop alts before getting halfway trough.

SWTOR in the other hand is extremely alt-friendly, and vast majority of player base has several alts even belonging to same class and subclass.

If you want new game+ in swotr, thats basically same as making a new character. But new game+ in FFXIV means you get to skip all the mandatory side-quests needed for unlocking half of the game.

It isn't that it is "alt-unfriendly", it is the alts are not needed because you can do everything on one character if you choose to.