To all those who are pissed

seegullz

Re-roll a Mara

just some advise....

I will bet 95% of the people who go Mara/Sent over the patch will drop it. They will find they can't get the numbers a good mara/sent player can and also the class is much harder to play and be real good.

We will see an increase in people wanting macros and things that would make Mara/sent easier to play and i hope they never let those in game.

Mara/Sent is not super hard to play pve but are hard to be good with in pvp. I see many players playing them but only a few who make people cower in fear.

Edited by Badlander

I will bet 95% of the people who go Mara/Sent over the patch will drop it. They will find they can't get the numbers a good mara/sent player can and also the class is much harder to play and be real good.

We will see an increase in people wanting macros and things that would make Mara/sent easier to play and i hope they never let those in game.

Mara/Sent is not hard to play but are hard to be good with in pvp. I see many players playing them but only a few who make people cower in fear.

Is it harder than Vigilance Guardian... somehow I doubt it. But now I will no for sure!

Edited by VoidJustice

Mara/Sent is not hard to play but are hard to be good with in pvp. I see many players playing them but only a few who make people cower in fear.

I die alittle inside when mara players boost how skilled they are.....dot target move to next target dot target move to next target just becareful your skill doesn't get in the way of that huge ego you guys all seem to have.

And let us all hope that they never put macros into the game. Easy mode for the loss. : (

That's not why they aren't putting macro's in the game.

If they did it would be a slap in the face to Razer with their partnership deal to sell you a $250 macro keyboard.

That's the actual reason.

I die alittle inside when mara players boost how skilled they are.....dot target move to next target dot target move to next target just becareful your skill doesn't get in the way of that huge ego you guys all seem to have.

Only the bad players do that.

Is it harder than Vigilance Guardian... somehow I doubt it. But now I will no for sure!

No its not hard at all you can play the class with a dam xbox contoller some guy somewhere said they were hard once and now everyone thinks this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A4UnEe65s

When you can play a class with a Nubox controller Protip:The class aint hard.

You don't play a mara, do you? Because what you said, doesn't actually exist unless you want to put ONE burn on each player, plus a cauterize somewhere in there. If you actually did what you stated, nothing you touched would die or be hurting for a heal. It's funny that you die a little inside to false pretenses. I wonder what the truth would do?

I have a sentinel for an alt and it's far more button happy than any other class I have.

That's not why they aren't putting macro's in the game.

If they did it would be a slap in the face to Razer with their partnership deal to sell you a $250 macro keyboard.

That's the actual reason.

if that is the reason, its as good a reason as any. keeping partners happy is must, in my experience anyway :p. really i don't care what the reason is as long as it don't happen

No its not hard at all you can play the class with a dam xbox contoller some guy somewhere said they were hard once and now everyone thinks this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A4UnEe65s

When you can play a class with a Nubox controller Protip:The class aint hard.

First of the guy is only lvl 38, does not even have a all his stuff. Second using a controller or any type of attack macro on a keyboard is against the EULA. They will delete posts by people telling people how to set those up.

BW and EA are firm on this. They said as much at the guild summit.

Edited by Badlander

First of the guy is only lvl 38, does not even have a all his stuff. Second using a controller or any type of attack macro on a keyboard is against the EULA. They will delete posts by people telling people how to set those up.

BW and EA are firm on this. They said as much at the guild summit.

Ut oh the FOTM is getting mad....get used to it mate alot of ppl are going hammer you and your FOTM brothers.

You are the new Bounty Hunters gratz? Faceroll spam them dots.

HAHAHAHAHA Seriously guys you crack me up with your elitism.

Mara/Sent is not super hard to play pve but are hard to be good with in pvp. I see many players playing them but only a few who make people cower in fear.

QFT

There are only a few that I try to avoid on our server

Second using a controller or any type of attack macro on a keyboard is against the EULA. They will delete posts by people telling people how to set those up.

I'm sure the people who have Logitech G13s or G19s aren't using macros at all.

It would be against the EULA and they dont really care about having paid hundreds of euros and not use the main functionality of their devices.

Edited by sensiblepoast

Anywho... can't wait to get to the bottom of what's harder to play competitively...

Watchman Sentinal or Vigilance Guardian

one things for sure, not having to stance dance, Guard, protect or in any other way be aware of anything but who Im killing and maxing my DEEEPEEEESSSSSS sure will be easier. Cause Guarding and DPS'ing was rough work... glad that's over.

Edited by VoidJustice

That actually isn't true. The difficulty of the class is rather overstated on the boards. What's happening on my server is that almost everyone who rolls a sent or mara loves it and has no problem facerolling in PvP with it.

Far from dropping it, I'm seeing warzones that are 5-6 maras/sents on each side. I'm waiting for 1.2 to roll mine so I can be a Ratatakki.

one things for sure, not having to stance dance, Guard, protect or in any other way be aware of anything but who Im killing and maxing my DEEEPEEEESSSSSS sure will be easier. Cause Guarding and DPS'ing was rough work... glad that's over.

That's a point that's constantly ignored by mara players (I'm tired of always typing the mirror too). You don't need much situational awareness at all. The class is built to tunnel one target until it's dead and move on. That vastly simplifies gameplay.

Edited by Caelrie

Got to love all these people who say this and that about Mara/Sent and have never played one. If they are so overpowered and easy to play in pvp as people say they are you would have people playing them not sorc//sage BH//trooper.

Like i said you may see a bunch of Mara/sent in your WZ but only 1-2 will be at the top on the scoreboard. The rest will be down at the bottom.

Got to love all these people who say this and that about Mara/Sent and have never played one. If they are so overpowered and easy to play in pvp as people say they are you would have people playing them not sorc//sage BH//trooper.

ToR is still relatively new, and during beta the power of the single overpowered Mara/Sent tree was not well known. Moreover everyone assumed the subclass would get nerfed. GZ said as much. That's why the Mara/Sent population is still relatively low. But now that the all-clear has been sounded with the 1.2 patch notes, even if a tree shift is needed, everything is shifting to high gear. Eventually of course Mara/Sents will get nerfed. But that's something in the July/August timeframe - it won't happen until well after Mara/Sents dominate rated wz and begin shifting BW's statistical reports.

ToR is still relatively new, and during beta the power of the single overpowered Mara/Sent tree was not well known. Moreover everyone assumed the subclass would get nerfed. GZ said as much. That's why the Mara/Sent population is still relatively low. But now that the all-clear has been sounded with the 1.2 patch notes, even if a tree shift is needed, everything is shifting to high gear. Eventually of course Mara/Sents will get nerfed. But that's something in the July/August timeframe - it won't happen until well after Mara/Sents dominate rated wz and begin shifting BW's statistical reports.

So when do concealments get the all clear? Before or after everyone realizes how overpowered mars/sents will be in 1.2? Before or after concealments receive a 6th nerf? Before or after everyone realizes there is no counter class to a mar/sent other than a concealment which incidently got nerf'd for the 5th time now?

See my point yet?

Edited by Ahebish

Like i said you may see a bunch of Mara/sent in your WZ but only 1-2 will be at the top on the scoreboard. The rest will be down at the bottom.

Please explain to me how all 12 of the Maras in the last Huttball I played could be in the top half of the DPS scoreboard. I'll wait.

Mara/Sent is not OP... Funny how BH/trooper and Sorc/Sage 80% of the time are 1-2-3 on the damage/kills list. Yes do Mara/Sent get up there sure. But, only the good ones.

This guy is right, there's tons of jedi consulars on my server since I'm playing rep side.

Alot of the dps ones top the boards, next are the healer ones. And then you might see the occasional trooper having a high prot. score but that's about it. There's one guy on my server whom I met during huttball being a fellow guildie as well, he shuts down my balance jedi sage like no ones business, when critting gets 5K and such and well as you know when a melee gets in the face of a ranged and he/she can't get away it's a free kill.

I doubt that I myself can manage that well once I reach lvl 50 with my own sent, but it's a fact that between say a vigilance jk and a sent, a sent has to pay attention to an extra resource called centering, has to keep the snares and HPS debuff off and a whole lot of other stuff. Only with my healing scoundrel can I actually get away from sent/maras if my CD's are avaible but any other class and I feel vunerable as hell against them.

And the really good ones? Ouch...

Well except with my tank speced vanguard, but that's only thanks to the high HP, defensive CDs. I do like the 5% extra damage against players, when I guard though.

It encourages me to guard even more, which I already do since that's my role then.

Got my face kicked in yesterday by a group in Alderaan. It had one sorcerer healer, 2 sith assassins and the rest were marauders. No imperial operatives or snipers, no bounty hunters, just a lot of lightsabers. They ganked myself and the other medic quickly like champs, then proceeded to wipe the floor with our bodies.

Edited by Alzor