"The Grand Acquisitions Race" Next World Event coming (1.3)

RommelESP

my prediction is it will come july 31st or august 1st. That's when they're doing mandatory server shutdowns and transferring your toons over if you haven't done so already.

it didn't come 29th... i sure hope you're right about august 1st :) but seriously, where is this thing?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have any info on the third pet i know you can get two one buying and one handing in all the items but there was a third pet in the original post

The third pet just might not be available through this. To explain why the pet was probably listed, there were 6 pets (3 Akk Dogs and 3 Lobels) added in 1.3. Only 2 (as far as we know--that last one could be, but no confirmations) were available to begin with and those 2 were specified in the Patch Notes--both the Lawgriffarl and the Lobelisk.

That left 4 pets left--2 of each of the new pet species:

Gannifari (originally Ganiffarl on some Databases)

Hagnoffarl

Lobelot

Lobelode

Gannifari was given out a Loyalty Gift for the server transferness. I recall it was also originally in the first post, but removed when announced it was for something else.

Lobelot ended up being able to be purchased at the Vendor for 250 Tokens of Enrichment and also had a rare chance to be gotten from a Smuggler's Crate*.

Hagnoffarl ended up being the reward for completing the scavenger hunt list and giving the items to either the Republic/Imperial or Chevin.

Lobelode has just, well, not been found. There is a chance it does not come from the event. Afterall, only 2 pets were available from the last event (despite it being the same series). On the otherhand, considering you got the last one from a conclusion flashpoint... (though, again, still not actually part of an event).

As for why it is most likely in the game, in 1.2, 3 sets of 3 were added in:

Orobirds:

Orokeet - Unusual Egg - Alderaan (And Taris/Balmorra on Republic/Imperial sides respectively since 1.3)

Orosquab - Mysterious Egg - Lost Island HM (Though, nobody does normal enough to test if it could drop from both)

Orochick - Wonderous Egg - Unknown. While it was confirmed to be out through patch notes, I have yet to see any actual proof of where it comes from. Several sites list that it drops from Kephess on HM EC, however, they have no screenshots and do not provide any information on where they heard it. I've seen people comment asking for more information with no responses and in general, if anyone says they have seen one or know someone who has one, they disappear or ended up mixing it up with the other two Orobirds.

Raklings:

Crimson Rakling - Gotten from completing the Introduction Quest.

Pale Rakling - Bought from the Event Vendor for 60 DNA Samples

Midnight Rakling - Lost Island HM (Though, nobody does normal enough to test if it could drop from both)

Tauntauns*:

Taunta - Bought from the Collector's Edition Vendor for 200K

Taunling - Summoned from an Exotic Animal Crate that drops from Gargath.

Taunlet - Gotten on Hoth by using the buff from the Ice Scrabbler Jerky to lure it out and using the NVSCSS (gotten on Alderaan) to capture it.

*As for why I didn't include Taun Fawn or Tauntaun Ram, Taun Fawn while also in a bit earlier was already stated to be for PAX East. Tauntaun Ram was added a bit later. They also don't fit the naming pattern completely.

So, while I wouldn't be surprised if it could be gotten already (see above), I don't believe it is necessarily from the event. I will go ahead and reference my * by the Smuggler's Crate for a second to say there have been rumors it could ALSO come from the Smuggler's Crate...however, nearly all of these claims have been people who are seeing their new Lobelot (and not paying attention to its name) in a different lighting. I have yet to see anyone who has gotten a pet from a crate that has been anything other than the Lobelot. Not to mention the small chance it comes from crates and the fact that you HAVE to either do the event on alts or hunt for crates for Tokens would, in my opinion, explain why it is the most expensive item from the vendor.

But yes, I've been keeping my eye out for the Lobelode regardless, however, I honestly don't think the event is how you get it.

Edit: Short version for people who don't like reading for some reason: The 3rd Pet (Lobelode) probably isn't actually available through the event and is gotten some other way. It was just added up, most likely, as it was one of those 6 pets added in 1.3 that hadn't been discovered how to get yet so just an assumption.

Edited by Jenemi

So thats it? I was so sure there would be more to it today with the Gree fleet thats supposed to be showing up...Why was this event so short? It was way too short.

And, while I am happy to get any events and I had fun doing this one, it was not all that great :/

So thats it? I was so sure there would be more to it today with the Gree fleet thats supposed to be showing up...Why was this event so short? It was way too short.

And, while I am happy to get any events and I had fun doing this one, it was not all that great :/

The Gree fleet is tied in to the next content patch. Although there clearly was some content cut from the event since the whole Anegram thing went no where and we only find out about the Gree fleet from the email after turning in the items.