Duplicity vs Chain Shock

Ismercu

If you're going Full Darkness, that is all the way up to Wither, 31 points or more in the tree I would recommend using this spec if you want to do PvP and some PvE: 31/1/9 , however if you want it for PvE I wouldn't put any points in Duplicity as you're going to be the tank, the enemy is never going to be facing away from you unless incapacitated. Also, if you're going to run 31/1/9 feel free to move around some of the points in the lower portion of Darkness to suit you. Edited by Squidkidz

That is exactly what im using so are you suggesting CS is alot better than duplicity for PvP?

Yes, for other builds that are more dps heavy I would suggest Duplicity instead but for that build it would be best to just have one point in duplicity.

With the amount of chance for both moves I'd keep the points in chain shock anyway, for both PvP and PvE. I mean in PvE you'll never have the opportunity, and by the time you get a proc for PvP you might be able to get more out of the chain shock.

Duplicity procs much more than CS i think since every direct damage triggers duplicity

Duplicity procs much more than CS i think since every direct damage triggers duplicity

Well, in theory it would, however I run a build that has 3 points in both and I find that my chain shock tends to proc around the same amount as exploit weakness. You have to consider that 3 points in Duplicity grants you 30% chance to proc Exploit Weakness compared to 45% chance to proc Chain Shock with 3 points in that ability. While more than one attack will trigger Exploit Weakness theoretically making it proc more, in practice it tends to even out. Not to mention if you have points in energize you're looking at a lighter load on your force even with the decreased force cost of the procced maul.

Duplicity's not a sure proc, the effect stays that both are a chance of more damage. Exploit Weakness being a proc gives you more control on when to apply it obviously, while chain shock can eat 2 recklessness charge when you didn't want to (for this if I pop recklessness, I'll only shock with one charge left)

The limit is you need a certain positionning to then use the charge.

As I mainly PvE with mine, I went with CS and cost reduction on thrash/shock since darkness is often force starved, altough that got better with 1,4. Total of 31/0/10.

I use a 31/3/7 spec and yes i have 3 points in maul proc, its true that i dont get to use it alot during normal tank rotation but on burn phases like kephess in TFB with my 10k maul crits and during last phase i help push out more dps which is very nice, also on during tank swaps on first boss i get in alot more dps than with chain shock so its very usefull.