Why are there no more invites for the day?

Delria

I don't much care that I didn't get in today - in my mind, EGA doesn't start until the fifteenth so whatever.

But, I don't really understand and can't find an answer as to why invites stopped going out for the day. Wouldn't you want to keep rolling them out so as to get as many people in as possible?

Also to make it so some of us get more than a few hours of early access.

Edited by Delria

I don't much care that I didn't get in today - in my mind, EGA doesn't start until the fifteenth so whatever.

But, I don't really understand and can't find an answer as to why invites stopped going out for the day. Wouldn't you want to keep rolling them out so as to get as many people in as possible?

well, its because BW really care about its customers and are prepared to go that extra mile.....oh wait.

Its aparantly bed time and they all need their sleep.....

well, its because BW really care about its customers and are prepared to go that extra mile.....oh wait.

Its aparantly bed time and they all need their sleep.....

You're very shortsighted if you can't see that they ARE going that extra mile for us, just by extending the early access and inviting in waves.

What's the point of inviting a thousands and thousands of players if the server crashes and no one can play??

Can you share the link where Bioware said that everyone went home?

Edited by Skoobie

You're very shortsighted if you can't see that they ARE going that extra mile for us.

What's the point of inviting a thousands and thousands of players if the server crashes and no one can play??

but that's exactly the reason why they waited a couple hours in between each wave.

what makes the last wave any different that they need to wait until the next day? Why not keeping bringing people in?

So they can analyze the data they are collecting and keep an eye on the servers.

Today isn't about "how many people we can get in", its about keeping the servers stable.

This is what it is. But most people don't understand what is involved in launching an MMO of this scale.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=66561&postcount=6438

I assume they want to see how full and stable the servers are tonight after people get out of school and work. Only then will they know how many new servers to plan on adding for tomorrow.

Personally, I'd just as soon get in for an early wave tomorrow on a new server than be one of the last to join a high pop server and have to settle for last pickings on names.

but that's exactly the reason why they waited a couple hours in between each wave.

what makes the last wave any different that they need to wait until the next day? Why not keeping bringing people in?

A couple hours????

Sometimes it takes longer then that, I'm afraid.

They got to where they felt the comfortable limit was. They decided not to push it. Now they are watching very closly.

My guess is if all goes well over night there will be more then 5 waves tomorrow.

You're very shortsighted if you can't see that they ARE going that extra mile for us, just by extending the early access and inviting in waves.

I don't think they extended early access to do us any favors. I think they extended it because they realized that they needed/wanted more days to get everyone in. 5 days wasn't enough without leaving people truly ticked off at getting in at the eleventh hour as their "early access". I'm guessing now they can take 6 days to get people in instead of 4.

Simple math.

They are doing this to avoid stressing the servers and ensure a smooth launch.

Lets assume they sent out 50,000 invites per wave. (A number I pulled from my ***)

There have been 5 waves so 250,000 people.

You'll see many people saying servers are low pop's etc (Not showing as low but *feeling low* based on players they run into) This is because not every one of the invites they sent out logged on today. Some are at work, school, etc.

So lets say that of our 250,000 invites 150,000 logged in. (In my mind the % would be lower but I'm just using made up figures for examples) So 150K logged in and all is well. Ok so they could keep inviting more and more people until thier servers *filled up* .. which might sound good, but what about tonight at 6pm when the other 100,000 get home from work and try to log in as well, suddenly they have an influx of people.

Of course they have concidered this which is WHY they are stopping at an invite # rather than a user #.

User #'s will change as people come home, invite #'s are static. Now you could argue that they should open more servers etc and that would be a valid point, they could do that. I think there intent is to make as many servers population healthy before opening new servers though, so they are rolling out servers on an as-needed basis rather then a glut of them.

Lets all say: STRESS TEST.....well done.

And also, they can monitor the data between waves in teh day in an hour or two, but after 2pm they lose that ability....come on man, think a little please.

Hello everyone,

We understand that this topic is important to you so we'd like to invite you to take pare in the conversation on this topic that's already underway in another thread here.

In order to keep the forums tidy and discussions together this thread will be closed, feel free to carry on in the thread linked above.