DEFEAT The First Son

DJRiful

Were you interrupting his big casts? I'm pretty sure if you let the cast that brings the cave down on your head complete, it simply gibs you outright. I didn't have any problems at all when I fought him, but I'm an experienced Champion solo'er and he's just an elite. Edited by Kitru

I died two times trying him.

He's fight mostly resembles Lord Vivicar's: Interrupt his sudden death skill with mind snap and he is more or less easy. Even though I've beaten Stark in my second try, I think Stark is by fare the most difficult boss in our class quest. If you have beaten him, you should be able to beat the son as well, just be mindful, when he tries to bring down the cave and interrupt him in time.

I got it done thx. I was having high latency for some reason spiking up to 200-300ms.

I just reboot my router and restart the game. everything is clear.

Now I'm wondering. Lol I chose to wake up the Master but what if I chose the other option for letting him die... I wonder how would that affect the Republic.

I lost the first time do to his big casts and interrupts. Second time I owned him. I keep him locked down and he did not come close to killing me. I used Theran to heal me.

I had to help a guildie do him though has a healer he could not do it either. To much to heal pet and try to interrupt at the same time.

Level 49 Heal spec using Qyzen, who was equipped with Voss commendation mods and the green lvl 48 techblade from Corellia.

Stood in melee range.

Kept boss targeted, with mind crush and weaken mind always on the boss. Tossed Telekinetic throw out if Qyzen was above 80% health. Project when I thought I could fit it in.

Interrupted the cave in, if mind snap was on cd I used force wave. I never had to try and use force stun, but I kept it ready if needed. If I had two interrupts ready then I would interrupt any other spell I thought was doing a lot of damage.

Healing Qyzen was how I always heal him. I keep Rejuvenate on him at all times. Force shield when it can be cast. I use healing trance on CD in hopes of free noble sacrifice. But don't be afraid of deliverance. Deliverance is probably my main heal on Qyzen at all times. Force potency + conveyance deliverance in case of emergency.

Died once because I didn't interrupt the cave in. Died once because of the respawn, just fight on the other side of the cave to avoid it.

Most of the time I read people having trouble with bosses I can't help but wonder if they have their companion equipped on par with their level? I use Qyzen for everything and when I kept his gear up to date it was always doable. While leveling I used one planet's commendations for me, then the next planet for my companion.

Hope this helps.

When you enter the cave, you go to the right to approach Syo. Use that corner to just LoS every cast he attempts to hit you with. I simply just kept hugging the corner when he would try to cast a spell, while Tharan kept tossing heals. Really cheeses the fight, but it works.

Latency on this fight is a problem, and it will also bug out in certain spots and prevent you from targetting him. (The corner near the cave entrance is bad, if you try to do LOS tricks there, weird things happen.)

Took me four tries, but I got it. I finally found a good spot where I could turret. Back center of the room. Used Tharan for interrupts and heals. This is one of the few fights where he really comes in handy. Did this as hybrid seer/TK spec.

Edited by Deedre

When you enter the cave, you go to the right to approach Syo. Use that corner to just LoS every cast he attempts to hit you with. I simply just kept hugging the corner when he would try to cast a spell, while Tharan kept tossing heals. Really cheeses the fight, but it works.

Yeah, this didn't work for me. He became untargettable when he tried to pursue me around the corner.

I finally just stood in the back center of the room and tanked his damage, with interrupts on some casts and one always saved for the cave in; and I used Tharan, too, who is good on this fight.

Edited by Deedre

Yeah, sometimes the mobs "disappear" into the floor and become untargetable. If your tank companion is standing next to them, he is ALSO untargetable.

Also, those two strong Children respawned on me once during a fight with Syo. REEEAAALLLY torked me off.

I did this at level 48 with full healing spec and Iresso, it took 4 tries however.

The final try I almost lost because Iresso got knocked into some weird rock crevice and was out of line of sight for heals.

All in all, I just kept Iresso up, threw in some dps when possible, and interrupted at much as possible.

- P

I keep Rejuvenate on him at all times.

Really ?

I rarely use this, and heal him all the time too. Every 3 casts, I switch targets and put on my DOT, every 6 casts both DOTs (together with interupts when needed, ofcourse).

But yes, when you go in as healer with a tank, you're going for the looooong run, so you have to interupt the cave-ins.

Really ?

I rarely use this, and heal him all the time too. Every 3 casts, I switch targets and put on my DOT, every 6 casts both DOTs (together with interupts when needed, ofcourse).

But yes, when you go in as healer with a tank, you're going for the looooong run, so you have to interupt the cave-ins.

You should be casting rejuv on whenever it isn't up. The proc is just too amazing to pass up.

Beat First Son as a level 48 healer using Qyzen. Qyzen was using mainly greens around level 45 with a level 39 blue techblade.

Just kept rejuv/shield up on Qyzen. Dots up on First Son. Whenever Qyzen drops down on health used healing trance for the free noble sacrifce, and then Deliverance if he was still low. Make use of your stun/interrupts whenever possible on the first stage of the fight, as at this point he won't do his cave collapse so you don't need to save them.

Second phase is the exact same as the first except you need to save an interupt for his cave collapse.

At the stage inbetween the 1st and 2nd phase you are helped and you regenerate health, I'm not sure how much it heals you but it might be wise to use some noble sacs right before the first phase ends as you are given health back anyway.

Died once due to respawning mobs, second time I just backed into the far corner and the mobs don't get involved in the fight.

i beat him at 47 as a kinetic shadow using tharan. i just kept everything interrupted and it went smooth as silk. if you dont have the 5 interrupts that i had(spinning kick, force wave, force stun x2, mind snap) then you just have to figure out the best rotation to get the maximum effect.

The first time I fought him, I got destroyed, but only because I stealthed past the two silver-level mobs on the way in, and aggroed them when I started fighting Syo.

After respawning, I took them out, and then fought Syo without that interference. Defeated him on the first attempt, and didn't even use my 20-minute ability.

It was a long, drawn-out fight. I'm a shadow, and used Tharan for the heals (all of the level 40+ bosses have required me to do this). I stunned and interrupted everything I could. If the rocks started falling out of the ceiling, I ran out from under them. Eventually I wore him down.

Just took him out as a fresh lvl50 healer with almost no lvl50 gear after 3 unsuccessful tries.

I tried 3 times with Qyzen. It turns out I invested quite a lot of force into healing him and eventually ran out of force (oof is the new oom!) because I had invested force into damage AND healing. I am not saying it's not working with Qyzen but if you try with Qyzen make sure you put Qyzen in focus and heal him with the focus target modifier key ("end" by default, can be reconfigured in your keybindings to something closer to WASD). That way you keep the boss in target at all times. Use weaken mind and mind crush as well as disturbance and project. Don't use telekinetic throw. It's channelling and not worth the dmg you deal compared to the mobility you lose. Be warned: it will be a long fight.

I was about to give up. Then revived and dismissed Qyzen for Nadia. It's important to point out I never really cared about her gear. She got what I don't need anymore.

I've read in this thread that damage dealers did the boss with Tharan, so why not use a damage dealing companion and tank the boss myself?

It turned out that this was by far the better choice. Nadia deals a lot more damage than Qyzen and as a good healer, I can heal myself. Nadia took some damage, but shield (force armor) and hot (rejuvenate) were enough most of the time.

Two or three times into the fight she did get a lot of damage: Force Armor > Healing Trance (+Noble Sacrifice) > Rejuvenate > Deliverance healed her up. Close to the end of the fight I decided to let her die and deal damage instead. I came out of the fight at 100% hp and a good amount of force with the boss being pretty far away. Yes, he's a caster, but does his knockback, too. So stay away from him.

The main advantage of using Nadia was that I kept the boss in target at almost all times and created a good distance between me and Nadia. When she got aggro, I increased my damage to make the boss attack me again, when the boss was close to reach me, I healed myself or Nadia and ran away from the boss. A couple of times this aggro-ping-pong worked quite well, which reduces overall damage taken.

I found it to not really be necessary to interrupt all casts of him - of course you can, but make sure you got one interrupt ready when he casts his rocks.

Just did this as a level 48 seer-spec sage using Nadia as a companion. I think it may be worthwhile to respec healing for this fight if you're having problems as a sage... he does a lot of damage, but it's mostly steady and healable. I also didn't see too much physical damage, it was all disturbance spam with project storm, the stun thing and the cavequake mixed in occasionally.

Some notes:

- I didn't interrupt disturbance. With a 2 level disadvantage (and thus resists), I couldn't afford a cavequake going off while my interrupt (and probably stun) was on cooldown. Project Storm is worth interrupting, though.

- Trading aggro with Nadia is vital. I used Cloud Mind when I got very low, and Rescue on Nadia when she got very low. Nadia does a lot of damage, so she MUST live... otoh the boss hurt me pretty bad with those chaincast disturbances a few times, so I had her take a few hits while I healed back up.

- I started interrupting cavequake at the middle of the cast (used the first half of the cast bar to heal) so I could follow up with the knockback and/or the stun in case my interrupt got resisted.

- I did try to keep weaken mind going, and mind crush / tk throw if both me and Nadia were at high hp.

- Didn't move at all, just stood in place and spammed heals. Rejuvenate -> Healing Trance -> Shield -> Deliverance was my priority list, and it kept me up fine for the most part.

Edited by Zaphir

It has been long (see my other post), but I was able to beat him on the second try @level 50. I am Seer specced. I used Theran. Died the first time. Respawned and ran to the back of the cave. Kept my back towards the wall and started fighting him. Kept up the dots and all the attacks. I interrupted only the Cave-in cast. The other attacks were not doing too much damage to me. I was keeping force armor and rejuvenate on me at all times. Theran was healing me most of the time and also doing a bit of dps. I think I used 2-3 direct heals on me. I took him down in approximately 5-6 minutes of fight (don't exactly remember, but was not too long). After defeating him, I killed the two adds at the front of the cave.

• 2 months later...
My problem is that just before he starts casting that cave in spell he casts somekind of AOE levitation spell that is instant and basically leaves me in mid air like force lift, but I cant break it and then he starts channeling cave in which I cant interupt.

Ok did complete it on my 4th attempt.

As a lvl 50 and healing specced with queyzan as my companion.

Once I figured out that you can interupt the death spell anytime while the ground is shaking it was pretty easy. I just saved force stun and mind snap for the 3 times I had to use interupt.

Unlike a regular channeling spell that shows a cast bar when beeing used this spell does not have that. But it still works as one so any stun spell will stop it. I would hazard to guess that force wave would have the same effect.

The Mass Force lift spell he uses is still annoying but bareable.