Stealth Nerf to Firebrand/Stormcaller? (Or possible bug?)

I have searched the forums to the best I can, and double and triple checked the patch notes and I believe they either gave a nerf to the fight or it is a bug.

As of at least last night (1/27/2012) and at least in NiM 16 Man Firebrand/Stormcaller, the shields are no longer able to be targeted. We did verify that AOE would still damage the shields but at the very least you cannot "accidentally" tab or click into them to make them your target.

Personally I like it, because it saves me time having to press tab one more time as I switch targets, but it would be nice to know if this was intentional or not.

So the change happened (presumably) after the 23rd? This makes the most sense, we just didn't do EC on our Tues run, so I wasn't sure if it happened in 1.6.3 or 1.6.3a. Either way I am surprised this was not in the patch notes, since this is a rather big change to that fight.

I mean, not as big as removing the ability to blow it up entirely, but I thought that was supposed to be part of the mechanic anyway, that you shouldn't click on the shield so pay attention to WHAT you are targeting (which is a pretty good thing to force people to do, because I cannot tell you how much it irritates me when people don't target correct things on just regular pulls.)

I have searched the forums to the best I can, and double and triple checked the patch notes and I believe they either gave a nerf to the fight or it is a bug.

As of at least last night (1/27/2012) and at least in NiM 16 Man Firebrand/Stormcaller, the shields are no longer able to be targeted. We did verify that AOE would still damage the shields but at the very least you cannot "accidentally" tab or click into them to make them your target.

Personally I like it, because it saves me time having to press tab one more time as I switch targets, but it would be nice to know if this was intentional or not.

Noticed the same thing this week when doing 16 man nim tanks.