Launch day remembrances

Retro

Today has started me thinking about some of the other launch days I've experienced. All had their problems that somehow faded with time until now I only remember the fun of it all.

The most memorable for me was Galaxies. I remember I couldn't wait to get home from work (which is how this day is starting as well since I am typing this from work and my early access email arrived shortly after 7 this morning), calling my friends to see who else was trying to log in, what server we were going to play on, and then finally loading into Nashal on Talus on the Eclipse server!

I remember finding the Cantina and a Twi'lek already dancing, healing those early dreaded black bars on a bunch of players. Wandering into the seedier part of town and fighting off the Meatlump gangs and looting them for pocket change. Wandering outside of town and running into my first Torton that made my screen shake as it approached.

See how I've completely forgotten about the login queues, the client crashes, etc. I am looking forward to similar memories of this day years from now!