Diary of a Ghost

Vashy

"The difference between a thug and myself is that a thug cares only about payment, I do what I do for the artistic aspect. The artistic nature that can only be perceived with the mind and all of the information at hand. No-one will ever understand why I do what I do, because if I allow you to understand my machinations, its already far too late for you to try to save yourself. You're already dead."

- Unknown SIS Agent

I'm an operative, some call me a spy, others a sniper or an assassin. Some call me a hunter, a hit woman, a mercenary. I was a product of the Strategic Information Service's Black Operations Group. I have served on every world where there is a legitimate shooting war against the enemies of the Republic - until recently, that is. They left me for dead, an act of disowning operations on Balmorra. This could only happen on Senate authority, the SIS does not leave their own for dead. Yet, I was told no extraction team would arrive to assist me in getting off-world. My handler is on Nar Shaddaa, I'll have to make it there if the Imperial patrols don't get me first.

I have six thousand credits, my sidearm, my carbine and a backpack full of gear for field operations. My to-do list includes getting rid of anything that that could tie me to the republic, and hiding the rest. Worst case scenario, I can always try to negociate my way out of a bad situation should they catch me. The Republic be damned, they left me to rot. Who am I to keep secrets for people who most likely would kill me should I live to make it back home?

I heard there was a CEO on Nar Shaddaa that was looking for someone capable of 'heavy lifting' as they call it. Maybe, instead of visiting my handler first, I'll visit them... just in-case I need to get out of sight in a hurry. First things first, I need a ship to get off of this dustball. The Imperial Headquarters and their starport is about two kilometers down range. Its brimming with vacheads, though. I'll need to be real careful with how I act, I can pull off a good Dromund Kaas accent or so I was told.

I should go with Hutteese, I think. It'll raise less eyebrows, its more common between civillians as its almost universal between traders. The one good thing about SIS training is the amount of languages they teach you to understand and comprehend, and then speak. Maybe I can sneak aboard a cargo shuttle, hopefully to somewhere like Tatooine or even Hutta would be great. At least there I can relax a little and slip back into the shadows. I feel a bit exposed in this crater while I wait for nightfall to make my move. I have a lesser chance of being seen in the starport if most everyone is sleeping and the rest aren't really paying attention because they're tired.

Edited by Vashy

So I found a shuttle and hid in the cargo bay. Typical hiding place, but this one being as small as it is - no bigger than a small patrol craft or interceptor - really didn't leave me many options. The crew found me, but they promised to not tell anyone who I was, either. Their price was a tidy sum of two thousand credits and it was a little bit more than I had hoped to be digging into my pocket for at this point, but it was my only real option. Well, that, or get caught.

They claim they're going to Alderaan. ****, just my luck. Another warzone. I may need to see if House Rist won't help a fellow agent when they need it. I have good will with some of their officers, so its a shot. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to need to find a ride and I'll need it fast. I hate putting all of my cards into one hand, but Alderaan politics are just too toxic and my presence makes it likely I'd become a bargaining chip pretty quick if it becomes public and I get caught. Rule number one of this business is to never become the pawn and asset of another, more unpredictable entity.

Theres a chance I could approach the Organa's, except they're way too close to the Republic chain of command. Since I can't trust the Republic for the moment, the Organa's can't be treated any better. Its best I keep out of their eyesight just to be sure. Thats the problem with situations like these, people who you would normally want at your side, can't be seen as reliable. They're too prone to turn you over or hand you off to people you can trust even less.

For now, the plan remains unchanged, this could work out well enough if House Rist is amicible, and I think they will be since I've cooperated with them before and they know me. If that works out, I'll be able to get a shuttle out to the outer rim or hutt space. I should have a plan "B", but I don't. Those are for when or if I get caught and thrown in a cell. Most would call this sloppy spycraft, but I don't have the support I normally do. Most people don't realise that even a single spy requires huge amounts of backing, and without it, they're basically naked.

Most people would call me needlessly paranoid, I call myself cautious.