melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

i guess you just dont know what sarcasm is, have your 12 year old explain it.

and i never said i was quiting, i pointed out GW2 is out soon and making dumb mistakes now will drive more ppl away, but good job twisting my words.

The dumb mistake being that BW did not give YOU the rewards that YOU want dring THIS live event because they are staggering them over SEVERAL live events meaning YOU will get your turn...but others have THEIR turn BEFORE YOU?

Thats the real problem you have it seems...if that is enough to drive players away as you state, well then they would have quit over the next little thing anyway...

Driz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last event had nothing but Crystals, basically. Do you really think non-lightsaber users really cared about those special green/black crystals? What's the difference?

I notice the colors coming out of my sniper rifle. I mean, you don't?

Crystals were actively usable by every single PC in the game. Don't talk to me about things for companions. Companions are of marginal value at 50. I'm certainly not worried about earning 'rewards' for them.

Edited by islander

I find it disgustingly hilarious the amount of nerd-raging going on here. Seriously folks, this is supposed to be a video game. You play it for fun during your "free" time. If you don't find anything of value for participating in the event, then don't do it! Why on earth are you demanding people get fired over something so trivial? Why do you feel such a sense of entitlement for something that is meant as nothing but "fluff"? This world event is not a core part of the game, people.

The rewards are considered trinkets/novelty items...nothing more! The speeder is 90% speed because it's a busted-up speeder. Just look at the thing, lol. It's meant to add personality and flavor to the game; so are the bowcasters. They don't give you any sort of advantage, they are simply made as a cosmetic change to your character or companion. If you don't have a character or companion that can use it, then no big deal. You're not losing out on anything!

You complain about the social gear being a plain recolor/slight design change to the sandpeople armor. If Bioware would have made a unique piece of gear, you'd be complaining about that too, saying it's not unique enough or you don't like the looks, etc. Again, the rewards are simply fluff items meant to be novelty items for participating. Screw your head on straight, chill out and exert your energy on something that matters.

The world event in this video game should not be getting you all this worked up. There's simply no justification for it. Period. People whined about how terrible the Rakghoul event was. Now they say it was great. Now they complain how terrible this event is. There's just no pleasing you brats. If things are just that horrible for you, there's a way to change that. It's called "unsubscribe". Take your nerd rage to the next MMO please. Thanks!

The last event had nothing but Crystals, basically. Do you really think non-lightsaber users really cared about those special green/black crystals? What's the difference?

Can every advanced class use color crystals? Yes

Can every advanced class use blaster rifles / sniper rifles? No? How many can? Three. Out of how many? Sixteen.

I notice the colors coming out of my sniper rifle. I mean, you don't?

Crystals were actively usable by every single PC in the game. Don't talk to me about things for companions. Companions are of marginal value at 50. I'm certainly not worried about earning 'rewards' for them.

So, you're honestly saying that non lightsaber users get just as much aesthetics use out of crystals as the classes that do use them? Sorry, but I don't see it. And to answer your question, no. I really don't notice/care about the color coming out of my rifle. My main is a Vanguard and I have never cared. I care about the look and sound of the rifle, but not the color.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

There should be unique items everyone can use, not just 1 class from each faction. I dont want stuff for a companion. just put a bunch of stuff everyone can use, makes sense...now we have to wait, yet again for more items?????? Event....Fail

The dumb mistake being that BW did not give YOU the rewards that YOU want dring THIS live event because they are staggering them over SEVERAL live events meaning YOU will get your turn...but others have THEIR turn BEFORE YOU?

Thats the real problem you have it seems...if that is enough to drive players away as you state, well then they would have quit over the next little thing anyway...

Driz

thats not what i was saying, having the event bugged, and not offering equal rewards to EVERYONE not just me, EVERYONE do the caps help, is that the only way you understand something? the fact that things like this, the "dumb mistakes" not just this event, has been driving players away over this last year and if things keep going this way we wont have a star wars game anymore.

thats the big picture im considering, so while you may be happy with the rewards, there are far more ppl who are not and i understand where they are coming from. they feel they pay thier $15 a month and should get equal treatment, am i agreeing with them, not fully but i do understand and respect thier opinions and i do think they had enough time to add items everyone would appreciate. didnt wookies also use vibroblades, would it have been that hard to reskin one?

Edited by GooseGrims

I find it disgustingly hilarious the amount of nerd-raging going on here. Seriously folks, this is supposed to be a video game. You play it for fun during your "free" time. If you don't find anything of value for participating in the event, then don't do it! Why on earth are you demanding people get fired over something so trivial? Why do you feel such a sense of entitlement for something that is meant as nothing but "fluff"? This world event is not a core part of the game, people.

The rewards are considered trinkets/novelty items...nothing more! The speeder is 90% speed because it's a busted-up speeder. Just look at the thing, lol. It's meant to add personality and flavor to the game; so are the bowcasters. They don't give you any sort of advantage, they are simply made as a cosmetic change to your character or companion. If you don't have a character or companion that can use it, then no big deal. You're not losing out on anything!

You complain about the social gear being a plain recolor/slight design change to the sandpeople armor. If Bioware would have made a unique piece of gear, you'd be complaining about that too, saying it's not unique enough or you don't like the looks, etc. Again, the rewards are simply fluff items meant to be novelty items for participating. Screw your head on straight, chill out and exert your energy on something that matters.

The world event in this video game should not be getting you all this worked up. There's simply no justification for it. Period. People whined about how terrible the Rakghoul event was. Now they say it was great. Now they complain how terrible this event is. There's just no pleasing you brats. If things are just that horrible for you, there's a way to change that. It's called "unsubscribe". Take your nerd rage to the next MMO please. Thanks!

We will. Enjoy your continually rapidly emptying servers. This place is consistently heading the direction of SWG.

There was a time, about 6 weeks or so ago, when I had just moved to Fatman. The place was BUSY. We typically had 2 full imperial fleet instances - sometimes a 3rd opened up.

This week? We fill up one instance, with a smaller second. I would speculate that Fatman has lost a good 40% of its active, daily population over the past 6 weeks. This is DESPITE being given a 'superserver' environment. I've seen several primary PvP guilds Imperial side dwindle and die over that time. There are VERY few legitimate ones left, maybe 3 or 4 total (now that Instinct and Expletive merged to make one out of the TWO they used to be)

At some point, people like you need to also step back and see the bigger picture. These geniuses at Bioware spent all this time coding this event, and the majority of people still left playing it, think it sucks.

That's a problem for the game, long past it's a problem for any of us.

Wake up, and see and smell the failure this MMORPG is sadly continuing to devolve into. It's not like I'm happy and giddy about it. Like many of you, I waited years for this.

Edited by islander

Can every advanced class use color crystals? Yes

Can every advanced class use blaster rifles / sniper rifles? No? How many can? Three. Out of how many? Sixteen.

Advance classes that go out of their way to get special colored color crystals? 8. The amount that don't give a crud? 8. Did the other 8 complain this loudly during the Rakgul event? I don't remember any complaining at all, to be honest.

And besides that, the Bowcasters are BIND ON ACCOUNT. You can send them to your Sniper, Vanguard or Operative. Also, everyone can use the sandpeople armor.

Edited by Galbatorrix

since so many have taken it the wrong way i would like to point out again that on page 11 when i said

"i demand the head of the dev that made these decisions!"

i was being sarcastic, trying to add a little humor to the end of my rant, nothing less nothing more.

Operative, Sniper, Vanguard and Commando; that makes four.

I must have missed the autocannon because I only remember sniper rifles and blaster rifles, which leaves out Commandos unless they want to go back to being equipped as they were on Ord Mantell.

Advance classes that go out of their way to get special colored color crystals? 8. The amount that don't give a crud? 8. Did the other 8 complain this loudly during the Rakgul event? I don't remember any complaining at all, to be honest.

And besides that, the Bowcasters are BIND ON ACCOUNT. You can send them to your Sniper, Vanguard or Operative. Also, everyone can use the sandpeople armor.

No no no, read it one more time very slowly so that you may understand.

How many classes can use crystals? All of them.

How many classes can use sniper rifles / blaster rifles. Three out of sixteen.

There's nothing more to add to that. Whether you like it or not, crystals could still be used by everyone, while these rewards cannot. It's as simple as that.

Yes, you're right, very few people complained about the rakghoul event because it was very well done. Again, please tell me what sand people armour has to do with anything related to this event?

BTW the bowcasters are not bound to account, they're bound to legacy. It's not even remotely the same thing. Bind to account would mean you could transfer it to like any character you own on any server.

We will. Enjoy your continually rapidly emptying servers. This place is consistently heading the direction of SWG.

There was a time, about 6 weeks or so ago, when I had just moved to Fatman. The place was BUSY. We typically had 2 full imperial fleet instances - sometimes a 3rd opened up.

This week? We fill up one instance, with a smaller second. I would speculate that Fatman has lost a good 40% of its active, daily population over the past 6 weeks. This is DESPITE being given a 'superserver' environment. I've seen several primary PvP guilds Imperial side dwindle and die over that time. There are VERY few legitimate ones left, maybe 3 or 4 total (now that Instinct and Expletive merged to make one out of the TWO they used to be)

At some point, people like you need to also step back and see the bigger picture. These geniuses at Bioware spent all this time coding this event, and the majority of people still left playing it, think it sucks.

Wake up, and see and smell the failure this MMORPG is sadly continuing to devolve into. It's not like I'm happy and giddy about it. Like many of you, I waited years for this.

No big deal bud. I see the bigger picture. It's a video game. It won't last forever. If I don't enjoy it, I'll stop playing it and pick up another one. I'm sorry to hear that you waited years for a video game that disappointed you. I'm not going to shed any tears if you unsubscribe due to dissatisfaction. Yes, the servers populations are dwindling. They will just continue to consolidate/shut down servers until they turn the lights off. It's a fact of MMO's. They have to end at some point. Some sooner than others. Oh well. I will continue to play it until I don't enjoy it any more, or they pull the plug. One thing is for sure though: I won't nerd rage over something so trivial as this game.

From what I've read on this thread, here is what everyone wants:

An epic level speeder

Removal of the RNG on any aspect of the event

Instanced portions of the quest to remove any human element/coordination/organization with the "huge hassle" of clicking an object, lol

Legacy bound gear

Removal of the bowcasters and implementation of some sort of piece of gear that every single class can use on the same effective level.

Really? For a fluff event? Why don't we save that for a true content update, where that stuff matter for "progression" in character development?

Like I said, I just don't see why peoples emotions are to the level they are. This is trivial.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

...wow. With the last event, everyone could use the crystals. So with this event you decided to only have items for 2 classes? This is supposed to entice me to keep playing until the next event? Most cosmetic things I don't even care about but you could at least make other classes feel like they were offered something special too. This is bad form amd doesn't inspire confidence in the game.

If, by heading the same way as SWG you mean holding a profitable player base for over 7 years and only being canned due to an exclusivity agreement around SWTOR then I truly hope your appraisal of this games longevity is correct :)

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Hi folks,

Thanks Joveth, for at least letting us know.

I must have missed the autocannon because I only remember sniper rifles and blaster rifles, which leaves out Commandos unless they want to go back to being equipped as they were on Ord Mantell.

Commandos can use blaster rifles at no penalty.

AdvAlso, everyone can use the sandpeople armor.

Hi. This is a dumb argument. The majority of players have at least 1 50 as their main.

At 50, if you want to use sandpeople armor as your main armor, you have to either

a) buy a complete set of armororing, mods, enchancements, augment kits and augments to create reasonably statted gear (that will not have a set bonus)

b) remove your current mods, armor, enhancements and augments (at a cost of rougly 700K credits), augment kit the armor (150K + kits). You will have no set bonuses, unless you happen to have campaign armor (a fraction of the level 50s)

c) not use the armor as your main armor, and only put it on for ... dance parties on the fleet?

So yes, anyone CAN use sand people armor. It's just going to cost most of those people between 850K and several million credits to make the armor useful for a large chunk of the players in the game.

"Can use" is a completely different issue from "would use". Only one of them should be considered in the design of a reward that takes a lot of time, effort and frustrating bottlenecks to earn.

So what? Either be patient and be thankful for what Bioware presented to you AS AN OPTION TO DO OR NOT DO or else don't play the game. End of story.

People need to stop thinking they're entitled to everything.

i cant agree with this, yea some ppl in this thread may be coming off as entitled. but BW really needs to consider what some of these ppl are saying, with a new MMO releasing this month and all the other options out there i dont want them driving away more ppl.

taking 3 ish months to come out with some new content that only really appeals to 3 out of the 16 AC's is a total facepalm.

No no no, read it one more time very slowly so that you may understand.

How many classes can use crystals? All of them.

How many classes can use sniper rifles / blaster rifles. Three out of sixteen.

There's nothing more to add to that. Whether you like it or not, crystals could still be used by everyone, while these rewards cannot. It's as simple as that.

Yes, you're right, very few people complained about the rakghoul event because it was very well done. Again, please tell me what sand people armour has to do with anything related to this event?

BTW the bowcasters are not bound to account, they're bound to legacy. It's not even remotely the same thing. Bind to account would mean you could transfer it to like any character you own on any server.

WOW doesn't even allow you to send items across server. And Bind to Legacy means that EVERYONE can use these items. Maybe not on any character they want to, but they most certainly can get the items and either send them to an alts that can use them, or put them up for future alts.

And again, the color crystals where aimed at lightsaber users. To say otherwise is just being naive. No rifle/pistol user cared.

The fact is, Bioware put a unique/iconic set of weapons on the vendor for this event and then made those items bind to legacy so that everyone could use them on some of their characters. If they'd have made them bind on pickup, I'd understand the complaining. As is, you guys are just being babies. Big surprise there...... this game seems to have attracted almost nothing but entitled babies.

If, by heading the same way as SWG you mean holding a profitable player base for over 7 years and only being canned due to an exclusivity agreement around SWTOR then I truly hope your appraisal of this games longevity is correct :)

Driz

Profitable player base of what, 30k people after the first 18 months? :)

1/2 of those were there solely for space pvp.

Edited by islander