Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

20? It's 73 pages long. I to, agree with the 73 other pages that we should have hood toggle. At the absolute very least, an invisible helm we can easily obtain.

Some of the circlets and goggles will actually override the hood, the problem is that while this allows you to see your character's face, it doesn't actually look good because the robes don't look "balanced," for lack of a better word. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that Bioware has still not fixed the "Jawa Bustle" that plagues robes worn by body types 1 & 2.

Really, the robes just need a complete overhaul at this point. I'm a bit surprised that the armor look that multiple ACs are steered towards and that is so iconic for the IP has been allowed to look this bad for so long. But I guess since they look fine in the promo shots, it's a low priority. :-P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was inactive in this thread recently. Guild Wars 2 is so good... Beautiful graphics, great FPS despite so many effects, npcs and players on the screen.

Back to the clothing and character appearance. You can use transmutation stones to combine high-end stats with whichever piece of gear you want to get a desired look. Not just selected "orange" pieces. Guild Wars 2 allows my character to look how I want, it's free once you buy the activation code, it is amazingly well optimized (you really need a bad PC to have fps/crashing issues), has less bugs than TOR at this stage (apart from servers going down and login issues - but hey, there are no 2h long queues!). I honestly might cancel sub once TOR goes f2p and i get the Cartel Coins. I'll just finish the stories in f2p of other classes and that will be it. This is Star Wars universe! Many of us wants to BECOME Star Wars characters. Appearance is very important for me. Bioware is reminding me of most politicians with their empty promises!

I love TOR. I supported the game a lot, pre-ordered CE, followed the game development for years, recommended it to as many online friends as I could. Spent a lot of money on it by buying really expensive CE which was meant to be exclusive (and now is sold in bulk @ 30 quid per box) and I didn't even get the promised CE content (where is CE vendor's dynamic assortment?). I bought licensed merchandise, too (LEGO sets, Hasbro fig...) Despite that I still even used the "recruit a friend" programme some time ago, he subbed and I think it's been a month now and I didn't get a mount. Content updates, new OPS, quests and PVP warzones are not happenning quick enough. My entire guild is best in slot and we're raiding only once in a week because we've progressed as much as it was possible. For how long can one play imbalanced PvP with awful framerates and little number of arenas?

Lack of responses on the thread that is nearly 100 pages long is very dissatsfying.

Quo Vadis TOR? :'(

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Add me to this list. I want the hood up.

I want this.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/RyatMonkey/Screenshot_2012-01-07_07_53_36_824276.jpg

Instead, with the new "fix" for Miralukas I get this.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/RyatMonkey/Screenshot_2012-09-05_07_56_53_493373.jpg

I would love to have the toggle option for the hood being up or down, not hood up or gone. The armor looks so much better when you see the hood in the down position, as opposed to it simply being removed. If a toggle for this is not an option, then have two options for the chest piece, one that has hood up, the other that has hood down. Edited by Mydknight

Seriously? Really? With 1.4 we're getting the extremally anticipated and asked for facial expressions! Yet again they post a picture of a consular with his hood down on the main page! Where is hood toggle?! It's 1.4, we were promised to get it for the major patch after 1.2! There are no chat bubbles still they add rp features like facial expressions anyway...?

Not in 1.4 either. My companions can hide head slot items and I get to have expressions now (whoopie?) but I'm still stuck with the hood up. We were promised this after 1.2 and it's descended into silence since. Course this thread has only been on the front page since launch, so it may not be visible enough.

This is disgraceful for I keep paying for something I was promised months ago but I keep paying and paying every month in hope they will finally put it in!

Looks like I was right to unsub. Unless the hood toggle goes in as an isolated fix, 1.4 is it for a while. "next major update" when it was happening is now two updates ago, and complete and total silence.

Devs, whether by toggle or just by adding hood down equivalents of your existing armor, your Jedi players want to see their faces, and the looks that you rely on in every piece of Jedi marketing you release.

Galifrayan, we were promised a hood toggle in one of the Q&A before 1.2. They knew about it, they said they work on it but there no way for us to learn the progress status on it - we're simply being ignored for months.

Quote:

"NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

While we do not have anything more recent in terms of information, please know it is coming!"

"This is in the works... Know it is coming"

How long, Bioware?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

My guess is that the guy who was writing the code for the hood toggle got the axe among the many who got fired in the two rounds (may and july ).

Since he's gone now and no handover was done hood toggle must be restarted from scrap by cheap offshore devs who've never touched the code before, with the only documentation being scribbled on a postit lost in the paper bin....

So many posts and pages and not a single dev has responded. It's obvious that they've seen the thread, because it's constantly here. They're just avoiding the subject, hoping it will go away. It won't.

What especially makes me angry is that there are NPC hoods toggled on probably half the robe sets we have, and there are player hoods toggled on most of the pictures for upcoming updates. So they can do it and apparently do it easily, so why not just give us a simple hood toggle, it doesn't even have to be amazing, just something simple.

Edited by Pingonaut

A little note about this would be great.

I know no problem is as easy as it seems from the outside but something similar already works in the game. Twi'lek characters doesn't have hoods, and some headgear also turn them off. So that part of the code could be modified to turn them on/off as the players wish.

Of course this doesn't solve the problem of the twi'leks wanting hoods on, or some masks (as I heard) but at least one step closer and make a sizeable chunk of the players happy.

(not to mention there are hoods that absolutely not fitting to the gear piece, like a separate cap on the character:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrzqs324q1m2hza/almost_good.jpg)