Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of you guys transitioning to mumble instead of teamspeak?

Unfortunately no.. Our TS is run by a member off a personal server..

I can certainly get you the info in PM if you would like to join us tho. Dont need to be a member to chat it up with us.

Granted your perms will be pretty strict, but we would be more than happy to have you as a guest.

with all the mmo experience i have and all the guilds that i have applied for, Pax doesnt seem like a very strenuouse application process. So far during my recruitment process i have ran Ops and have done premade WZ's with quite a few different guild members. Everyone i have met in guild whether i grouped with or just talked with in guild chat seemed to be very knowledegeable and even more helpful than any other guild i have been in. I would really like to have the ability to call Pax my home after my application process has completed

I'm currently in the application process for Pax. I've really enjoyed the first week or so, the guys and girls there are extremely welcoming and nice. It's been really nice to relax on TS with the members and share advice, play warzones/raid, or just chat. I would encourage anyone who is thinking about applying to give it a shot and meet a few of the members if you are looking for a large, very active guild.

Also currently in the recruitment stage as well. So far I am enjoying it, I find it very impressive that the group goes out of the way to make the new members feel like they will be accepted and are not pressured to perform a certain way, and just be themselves. At first I was put off by the length of the recruitment period and the amount and nature of some questions, but as the process went on I actually enjoyed it, and realized how tight knit the community was and can be.

Look forward to gaming and interacting with you in the future!

Also currently in the recruitment stage as well. So far I am enjoying it, I find it very impressive that the group goes out of the way to make the new members feel like they will be accepted and are not pressured to perform a certain way, and just be themselves. At first I was put off by the length of the recruitment period and the amount and nature of some questions, but as the process went on I actually enjoyed it, and realized how tight knit the community was and can be.

Look forward to gaming and interacting with you in the future!

Couldnt have said it better. My wife was laughing at some of the questions.

I dont mind at all being asked random questions, it usually leads to a good story. This unique process allows people to connect with new friends that have similar interests and sometimes even the same gaming history.

I look forward to running around with PAX be it Telara, Tyria or in a place far, far away.

-Doomcast

Edited by mongokotor

I was asked to put my opinion of PAX onto this, I play on the Imp side of PAX mainly. I joined them about 2 weeks ago. I have to say though I was a bit hesitant upon joining, as its hard to find a good guild anymore it seems. Upon joining they asked lots of zaney questions on my App. It was a bit interesting to see the way they handled the application process, not bad, but different lol. I have to say though that the guild has grown rather fast on me. It is a great bunch of people that enjoy playing together and having fun. They made my wife and myself feel welcome into the community, and they even run ops well, which is a huge bonus. If youre looking for a good home check em out, I think you will enjoy it, I know I am.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also in the application process of this guild and I have to say that the people are SO much fun. I've been looking for a community like this to join for a long time.

If you're looking for a community based guild with mature, funny, and loyal members then look no further. I'm glad I found these guys. :D

Like the others above me, I'm also currently in the application process. Its been a great time so far, lots of fun and laughs. In-game the guild is pretty good, and I've had no lack for answers to my questions, request for input, and/or folk to run things with. A fun and well-knit group/community, and I'm glad I found them.

OK, so...

I have a bit of experience with various gaming guilds. I've been part of one guild for 14 years. It's been interesting to see other members grow, mature, and move on with their lives. As things go, however, it's membership got smaller and smaller, and the focus of the guild changed (or maybe mine did), and I found myself drawn to casual-friendly atmospheres and games like SW:TOR, while they focused on less casual-friendly games.

So, in various games, I've joined various guilds, in an attempt to find that 'magic' of a close-knit group of men and women who go beyond the trite slogans of 'fun-oriented', 'casual environment', etc... You've all seen the spam in general chat for guilds looking. They're all the same promises. And usually, the same disappointments.

I've found friendly people in other guilds, in various games. Sadly, they tend to be populated with the sorts of players who game hop a lot, and I've found myself in more than one MMO in a high-ranked, but curiously empty guild, as the players moved on to The Next Big Game.

I have real-life friends in Pax. They've been suggesting I apply for some time, but frankly, the two week application process was a big turn-off. I'm glad I finally listened to them.

The two week process isn't how long it takes to get your character in-game guilded. It's more of a probationary period where you're under increased scrutiny - both within whatever game you're playing with them, and on the forums - to make sure that you'll be a good fit.

During this time, they've hit my application thread with LOTS of questions. Sometimes, it feels a bit like hazing, or the kind of poking that you expect from friends. And that's not a bad thing; It seems the process is intentional. If I poke this guy a bit, does he fly off the handle? is he going to be a good fit? Well HE like US?

And wouldn't you like to know the answer to those questions before you spend four months in a guild?

If the application process seems daunting, give them a try anyway. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just saying hello have not play a lot with them in game being only level 30 with double exp-and expension just starting but when i have question they reply. Seems to have lot of potential so far. Hope to group with them when i level a bit more!

Hi SWTOR players! : ) I'm currently in the recruit process for Pax, and I'm here to give you my honest opinion of them!

Run.

Just kidding. haha. Anyways - I absolutely am loving the Pax community as a whole. I am in Imperius and I seriously haven't met a single person I was like 'meh' about. So far everyone is great and really helpful. I love the website forums they have and the fact it actually FEELS like a community (I think I have a posting problem on it - just can't seem to quit - and some of the threads..hilarious). This is even the most active guild I've ever been in in my almost decade long love affairs with MMOs. Always somebody on and somebody to talk to - on regular nights, not just event nights. If you have a question, I can pretty much promise someone will be on that knows the answer. I like that they go to extra lengths to help others play the best they can if that person wishes to learn how to play better, too...like PVP mentors, really awesome idea. They also have some really unique ideas/events as well to always keep something happening, and there is something for everyone regardless of your playstyle - if you like PVE aspects, PVP, or just like to RP. I'd pretty much recommend this guild and community to everyone - unless you're really selfish and/or a jerk, then I don't think you'd fit in well. Haven't met anyone like that : ).

I'm also in the recruit process for Pax and it's been interesting to say the least. In the 15 years of playing MMOs I don't think I've experienced anything like it. At first it's, "Why am I getting asked all of these weird questions to join a guild?" but as it goes on you realize you are learning as much about them as they are you. In game everyone is very helpful, and guild chat is active at most times. I have been playing with the same core group of people my entire MMO lifetime so the idea of joining a new group of people seemed daunting, but they've made me feel welcome and I'm glad I put in my application. If you are looking for an active guild with a great group of people and the ability to play your way this is the place to be.

Greetings comrades! I am Niicholai, and I am nearing the end of my recruitment phase. I really enjoy Pax. It's nice to know that even if the people are different, I can go to any of the games I play and have similar people to play with as my guild in any of the other games I play. The people are really creative and helpful too :)

I'd recommend Pax to anyone. Just make sure you have time for it. It's not your average one game guild. You will want to have time to be active in the game(s), forums, and shoutbox. This is primarily because it makes it fun, it's like having a second family so you want to have time to spend with them :)

I loved my old guild very, very much, but when our membership dwindled to only a few of us (and none of us with the strength to rebuild), I realized it was time to find a new home. There are several guilds that impressed me on our server, a few I had friends in--but one stood out from the rest, and that was Pax.

The application process has only reinforced that feeling. Everyone is really nice, and genuinely fun to be around. Their application process is not short, but I think I understand why it's not short. A guild isn't just about skill or gear or loot--it's about personalities and getting to know one another. The rest of the stuff just comes when you've got a good fit.

I love playing ToR, but I've been very pessimistic about the game's future for some time. Playing with Pax has made me set aside those concerns and concentrate on the postive. And the positives are fantastic.

Hey!

You know why I'm here. The Pax Rectors (Kaffi in particular) paid me a large sum of credits to come on this forum and tell all you people what a great guild Pax is, and like any good soldier, I follow orders!!!!!

Seriously, I've had a fantastic time exploring Makeb with Collateral Damage. I ran flashpoints with Infidel, Zayl, Cherny and Shem. Pax has some pretty smart folks who have been quick to answer any questions that I've had. I think it improves the game experience when you can play with people who just enjoy being around each other and I see a lot of that with the Pax crowd.

The application process has been a little different. Some of the questions were a little out there, but it's been fun. Every guild invite I have received in the past has been from someone trying to start a new guild or from a friend's guild that needs someone to help with operations, but with Pax I get the feeling that they don't care what I can bring to the guild, but they are more concerned about what they can help me with. Sounds kinda corny, but that's been my experience so far. In my opinion they get top marks all around. Highly recommended!!!!

You know why I'm here. The Pax Rectors (Kaffi in particular) paid me a large sum of credits to come on this forum and tell all you people what a great guild Pax is, and like any good soldier, I follow orders!!!!!

Wait, what? You got paid? Sonnofa! Well, I'm just going to have to write a tersely-worded letter to upper management.

From the beginning was in guild with friends but in the months after release more and more friends left the game to go and play other MMO's and games. The great part of most MMO's is the social aspect of it. So not having friends to group up with in a guild does make it hard.

Upon release of the expansion ROTHC I knew wanted to keep playing the game (still enjoy playing and doing stuff on all classes) so was asking friends that have changed guilds and one recommended. I check up on the PAX site and applied.

So far in my short time been very happy with the group and guild. Mostly just been playing SWTOR, knowing that PAX members also participate in other games. But the group of people are good and get along well. Like minded players in the guild and nice to feel that sense of helping each other with dailies, questing, Flashpoints and Ops.

I've been playing for nearly a year now, and had searched around for a few guilds with mixed success. I have to honestly say that Pax Imperius is probably the best experience I've had in a long while. Easy to join up with a moderate trial period so you can get a feel for it, something for everyone on a pve and pvp aspect, and all around just a bunch of cool and laid back people. What impressed me most what the raiding speed and etiquette that I enjoyed while tagging along with them. They never talk down to you, they'll explain a fight in a jiffy if you need it, and you don't have to wait ten years before everyone is ready. I highly recommend you give them a shot if you're on the look out for a new guild experience.

Review of Pax Gaming (overall)

I am currently a one week trial member of pax gaming. A true gamers guild, All different types of MMO's and even Pathfinder RPG table top (not the online game yet). Members are extremely helpful and patient with the new guys.

I'll say this has been one of the most entertaining bouts of recruitment I've ever gone through. They do really try to get to know each recruit to see if you are a fit for them and vise versa. Between the involvement in both their forums and in game I feel like I've gotten to know the members and they me better than any recruitment I've ever gone through. Great bunch of people and I'm glad I've been able to get to know them.